• 15(current)
[RELEASE] Apple iTunes Trailers (Video Add-on)
Back to not updating, only way to get it to update is to clear off the *.fi files and restart kodi.
(2016-05-23, 09:51)GTunney Wrote: Back to not updating,

+1
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
(2016-06-02, 15:45)curtis-r Wrote:
(2016-05-23, 09:51)GTunney Wrote: Back to not updating,

+1

Strange, it's still working fine for me. I just checked last night and there were new trailers.
(2016-06-02, 16:43)tknorris Wrote: Strange, it's still working fine for me. I just checked last night and there were new trailers.

Indeed that's odd yours is working. I had this same problem a month ago but suddenly it started working again, but it hasn't updated since that time. I'll have to fool with it a bit & post my results.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
(2016-06-02, 17:01)curtis-r Wrote:
(2016-06-02, 16:43)tknorris Wrote: Strange, it's still working fine for me. I just checked last night and there were new trailers.

Indeed that's odd yours is working. I had this same problem a month ago but suddenly it started working again, but it hasn't updated since that time. I'll have to fool with it a bit & post my results.

Try deleting the *.fi files again. That should force kodi to refresh the directory.

If that doesn't help, you could also delete the addons internal cache at special://userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.itunes_trailers/.storage
Deleting .storage didn't help. I also tried deleting the entire addon-data trailers folder. Of course it gets recreated but same old trailers show (and they are indeed sorted with newest on top). By accident I had the local Windows7 firewall on but turning it off didn't help, but scrubbing movie & music data has had no problem so I didn't think that would.

When you refer to deleting the *.fi file, do you mean the .functions in Windows?

I noticed in the userdata/addons there is the 'trailers' folder , as well as in userdata/addons/packages a zipped version. I assume this is normal?

Later I may try just uninstalling & removing everything trailer-related & see what happens.
(2016-06-02, 17:50)curtis-r Wrote: When you refer to deleting the *.fi file, do you mean the .functions in Windows?

I noticed in the userdata/addons there is the 'trailers' folder , as well as in userdata/addons/packages a zipped version. I assume this is normal?

Later I may try just uninstalling & removing everything trailer-related & see what happens.

No, in special://temp there are a bunch of file that end in .fi, delete all those. Those are directory cache files. It forces kodi to rerun the addon to get the directory.

Yes, that's normal. The ones in package are the ones that Kodi downloaded to install.
That worked! Thanks a bunch.

After many years of tweeking xbmc/kodi, I was totally unaware of the special://temp files. Is it normal to have had 47 *.fi files? I of course had to delete them all since I don't know which one referred to trailers. Hopefully there is no other impact.
(2016-06-02, 22:22)curtis-r Wrote: That worked! Thanks a bunch.

After many years of tweeking xmbc/kodi, I was totally unaware of the special://temp files. Is it normal to have had 47 *.fi files? I of course had to delete them all since I don't know which one referred to trailers. Hopefully there is no other impact.

Yep, that's normal. Each one is for a different addon directory and when you open that addon directory, kodi uses the associated fi file instead of calling the addon if cacheToDisc=True. At least that's how I think it works, I've never actually look at that part of the code.

After many years of tweeking xmbc/kodi, I was totally unaware of the special://temp files. Is it normal to have had 47 *.fi files? I of course had to delete them all since I don't know which one referred to trailers. Hopefully there is no other impact.

It'll work to the point where it re-created the .fi files then you'll be stuck again.

I don't really fancy removing the .fi files every time I want to use the add on and I couldnt get the app to run with the Cachetodisc - false code inserted.
(2016-06-06, 16:19)GTunney Wrote:

It'll work to the point where it re-created the .fi files then you'll be stuck again.

I don't really fancy removing the .fi files every time I want to use the add on and I couldnt get the app to run with the Cachetodisc - false code inserted.

It will work w/ cache_to_disc updated. Once it is, those fi files won't be created anymore and it will update automatically when the movie cache expires. I've made changes to this addon for Krypton and submitted a PR to Sphere to accept them. If I don't hear from him by the time Krypton goes beta, then I'll fork it.
(2016-06-06, 16:59)tknorris Wrote:
(2016-06-06, 16:19)GTunney Wrote:

It will work w/ cache_to_disc updated. Once it is, those fi files won't be created anymore and it will update automatically when the movie cache expires. I've made changes to this addon for Krypton and submitted a PR to Sphere to accept them. If I don't hear from him by the time Krypton goes beta, then I'll fork it.

Thanks tknorris but I added the cache_to_disc false option exactly as stated a few posts back and the add on wouldn't run on my Jarvis install. Only way was to remove the line.
(2016-06-08, 09:27)GTunney Wrote:
(2016-06-06, 16:59)tknorris Wrote:
(2016-06-06, 16:19)GTunney Wrote: It'll work to the point where it re-created the .fi files then you'll be stuck again.

Thanks tknorris but I added the cache_to_disc false option exactly as stated a few posts back and the add on wouldn't run on my Jarvis install. Only way was to remove the line.

I can assure you if you enter cache_to_disc properly, it will work. I've been using this addon for years and I fixed this issue a long time ago and it's never come back. If you really want to fix it, I can drop my changed addon.py on dropbox and you just replace your addon.py with mine.
(2016-06-08, 09:41)tknorris Wrote:
(2016-06-08, 09:27)GTunney Wrote:
(2016-06-06, 16:59)tknorris Wrote: It will work w/ cache_to_disc updated. Once it is, those fi files won't be created anymore and it will update automatically when the movie cache expires. I've made changes to this addon for Krypton and submitted a PR to Sphere to accept them. If I don't hear from him by the time Krypton goes beta, then I'll fork it.

I can assure you if you enter cache_to_disc properly, it will work. I've been using this addon for years and I fixed this issue a long time ago and it's never come back. If you really want to fix it, I can drop my changed addon.py on dropbox and you just replace your addon.py with mine.

That would be great if you wouldn't mind please tknorris. I tried several times to add the code but it just didn't like it.
(2016-06-08, 09:42)GTunney Wrote:
(2016-06-08, 09:41)tknorris Wrote:
(2016-06-08, 09:27)GTunney Wrote: Thanks tknorris but I added the cache_to_disc false option exactly as stated a few posts back and the add on wouldn't run on my Jarvis install. Only way was to remove the line.

That would be great if you wouldn't mind please tknorris. I tried several times to add the code but it just didn't like it.

Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hn2jtmizkmkh0xp/addon.py?dl=0

I copied that straight off my Shield TV running Jarvis that works properly. Make sure you delete the fi files again to test properly.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Apple iTunes Trailers (Video Add-on)2