• 1(current)
[T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control

This remote has now become my favorite Kodi Remote. (Similar to the MX3 Remote but with upgraded features and extra keys)

Advantages
* All buttons on the front can be either RF or IR.
* Remote wakes my troublesome Windows PC from sleep
* Air Mouse stays turned off if required.
* All coloured buttons can be mapped.
* Has a "Tab, Shift, CAPS, Ctrl, Alt, Fn and ESC" keys on the keyboard side
* LED Indicator is Red when in IR mode and Green when in RF Mode

Disadvantages
* The "+ Magnify Button" "- Magnify Button" "Recent Button" and "Browser" key do not show mappable code in Windows,

If you liked the MX3 remote you will love this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Keenest-Wireless-...entries*=0
(2016-06-07, 06:25)dasco Wrote: Advantages

* Air Mouse stays turned off if required.

I have purchased what looks like a version of this remote badged as Rii and I can't turn off the mouse, except for short periods, making it almost unusable.

Do you know any way I can control the mouse pointer, turn it off when I want it on and turn it on when I want it on?

With this T3 remote you have purchased, when you say the Air Mouse stays turned off if required, what do you mean?

How do your control the Air Mouse?
Hi Jeffers24

I can confirm that the T3 remote mouse does not reactivate itself once turned off. (Unlike the similar looking MX3 remote)

What user were doing for the MX3 remote to overcome the mouse continually reactivating itself was to put the following code in their keymaps file in Kodi. What the code does is effectively turns the mouse off in Kodi but still allows the use of the left and right click (However this only works while in Kodi)

To do this open Notepad copy the below code into it and save it as an XML file. ie "Mouse.xml".
Then place the file into you Kodi keymaps folder inside the userdata folder.
In Windows it is located C:\Users\(Your Compute Name)\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps. (Maybe different for other platforms)

I still use this code for the T3 as i have no need for a mouse pointer in Kodi but like the use of the left and right mouse buttons. I could just turn the mouse pointer off on the T3 by pressing the mouse On/Off Button and the pointer is permanently disabled. But once the mouse is turned off the "OK" Button becomes "Enter" instead of Left Click and the Return Arrow becomes "ESC" instead of Right Click.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- Button Ids: -->
<!-- 0: left -->
<!-- 1: right -->
<!-- 2: middle -->
<!-- 3/4/5/6: extra -->

<keymap>
<global>
<mouse>
<leftclick>Select</leftclick>
<rightclick>Back</rightclick>
<middleclick>noop</middleclick>
<doubleclick id="0">noop</doubleclick>
<longclick id="0">noop</longclick>
<doubleclick id="1">noop</doubleclick>
<longclick id="1">noop</longclick>

<wheeldown>noop</wheeldown>
<wheelup>noop</wheelup>

<mousemove>noop</mousemove>

<mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>
<mousedragstart>Select</mousedragstart>
<mousedragend>noop</mousedragend>

<mouserdrag>noop</mouserdrag>
<mouserdragstart>Back</mouserdragstart>
<mouserdragend>noop</mouserdragend>
</mouse>
</global>

<FullscreenVideo>
<mouse>
<leftclick>OSD</leftclick>
<mousedragstart>OSD</mousedragstart>
</mouse>
</FullscreenVideo>

<Visualisation>
<mouse>
<leftclick>OSD</leftclick>
<mousedragstart>OSD</mousedragstart>
</mouse>
</Visualisation>

<SlideShow>
<mouse>
<leftclick>Pause</leftclick>
<rightclick>PreviousMenu</rightclick>
<wheelup>PreviousPicture</wheelup>
<wheeldown>NextPicture</wheeldown>
</mouse>
</SlideShow>

</keymap>
Kodi Key Codes and Virtual Key Codes for the T3 by default. ( I use Windows so not sure if these are relevant to other platforms)

Hi Dasco,

Thanks for quick confirmation that on the T3 when you switch the cursor off on the T3 that it stays off till you switch it back on :-) unlike the MX3 that keeps switching the cursor back on :-(

I have found that I need to use the cursor in some apps when having to make a selection for example to start the ookla speed test app and when I need to scroll the screen, so can't do without the cursor, which is why I bought the MX3 air mouse.

On your confirmation I have ordered a T3 from Amazon UK.

One question, if when you switch the cursor off, assuming you press the cursor lock key and it stays of until you press the cursor lock key again, why do you still use the code on the T3 to disable the cursor?
(2016-06-13, 09:47)Jeffers24 Wrote: One question, if when you switch the cursor off, assuming you press the cursor lock key and it stays of until you press the cursor lock key again, why do you still use the code on the T3 to disable the cursor?

Its only preference and works for me. I like the automated way the scripts works for example.

* If i enter Kodi pointer is automatically disabled i do not need to turn off the mouse function on the remote.
* If i launch from Kodi into Netflix or Chrome mouse function is automatically enabled i do need to turn it back on.

By Default on the T3 the "OK" Buttun becomes "Left Click" when mouse button is on. When mouse button is off it becomes "Enter"
The Return Arrow is "RightClick" when mouse button is on. When mouse button is off it becomes "ESC"

as i use the script above with the mouse function turned on the Return Arrow button is "Back" not "ESC". (However all this is easily changed in Keymaps if you require your "ESC" to be "Back" when mouse function is off)
(2016-06-13, 20:45)dasco Wrote:
(2016-06-13, 09:47)Jeffers24 Wrote: One question, if when you switch the cursor off, assuming you press the cursor lock key and it stays of until you press the cursor lock key again, why do you still use the code on the T3 to disable the cursor?

Its only preference and works for me. I like the automated way the scripts works for example.

* If i enter Kodi pointer is automatically disabled i do not need to turn off the mouse function on the remote.
* If i launch from Kodi into Netflix or Chrome mouse function is automatically enabled i do need to turn it back on.

By Default on the T3 the "OK" Buttun becomes "Left Click" when mouse button is on. When mouse button is off it becomes "Enter"
The Return Arrow is "RightClick" when mouse button is on. When mouse button is off it becomes "ESC"

as i use the script above with the mouse function turned on the Return Arrow button is "Back" not "ESC". (However all this is easily changed in Keymaps if you require your "ESC" to be "Back" when mouse function is off)

My T3 has been dispatched via DHL with an estimated delivery between 21 June and 11 July, important for me was that I could turn the cursor off and it will stay off till I turn it on again. There are some catchup TV android apps that I have configured in the Kodi menus so use from within Kodi that need the mouse pointer to be active, I am looking forward to receiving it but will have to be patient.

Will let you know how I get on.

Because of the cursor issue on the MX3 RXiii I returned it as not fit for purpose.
Quote:My T3 has been dispatched via DHL with an estimated delivery between 21 June and 11 July, important for me was that I could turn the cursor off and it will stay off till I turn it on again. There are some catchup TV android apps that I have configured in the Kodi menus so use from within Kodi that need the mouse pointer to be active, I am looking forward to receiving it but will have to be patient.

Because of the cursor issue on the MX3 RXiii I returned it as not fit for purpose.

Look forward to hearing your review and use with Android.
(2016-06-13, 21:33)dasco Wrote:
Quote:My T3 has been dispatched via DHL with an estimated delivery between 21 June and 11 July, important for me was that I could turn the cursor off and it will stay off till I turn it on again. There are some catchup TV android apps that I have configured in the Kodi menus so use from within Kodi that need the mouse pointer to be active, I am looking forward to receiving it but will have to be patient.

Look forward to hearing your review and use with Android.

T3 has arrived, tried it out and can confirm Dasco's findings that the mouse pointer stays off when you switch it off Rofl

Dasco thanks for posting this Cool
Is it have "first-char-wakeup-sends-bad-code" behavior as [MX3-M], so that it needs to push button twice after sleep?
(2016-06-22, 16:30)bam80 Wrote: Is it have "first-char-wakeup-sends-bad-code" behavior as [MX3-M], so that it needs to push button twice after sleep?

I have not noticed any problems.

If I wake the remote up by pressing the cursor key the cursor appears on the screen and if I move the remote the cursor moves as expected.

If I wake the remote by pressing the return key the expected action happens.

So I only press a button once and the expected action happens.

Hope this helps, if there is anything specific you want me to test, provide step by step instructions and how I can detect a bad key and I will do it and let you know what happens.
probably a noob questions but is this remote compatible with the wetek hub? thanks!
Quote:T3 has arrived, tried it out and can confirm Dasco's findings that the mouse pointer stays off when you switch it off Rofl

Thats great that it works as expected under Android. Are all button recognised and mappable under Android.
(2016-06-23, 16:26)dasco Wrote:
Quote:T3 has arrived, tried it out and can confirm Dasco's findings that the mouse pointer stays off when you switch it off Rofl

Thats great that it works as expected under Android. Are all button recognised and mappable under Android.

Whooaaa!! I only wanted an air mouse which when you turned the cursor off it stays off till you turn it on again, with a keyboard and this fits the bill perfectly so far.

All buttons recognised and mappable under Android, not something I was going to test, if there is an easy (not very technical) way to do this and record results, and it would be helpful to you I will do it, let me know.

One very picky thing, when the cursor is active it would have been good if the remote turned the cursor off if you use one of the directional keys positioned around the OK key.
(2016-06-22, 16:58)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-06-22, 16:30)bam80 Wrote: Is it have "first-char-wakeup-sends-bad-code" behavior as [MX3-M], so that it needs to push button twice after sleep?
If I wake the remote up by pressing the cursor key the cursor appears on the screen and if I move the remote the cursor moves as expected.
If I wake the remote by pressing the return key the expected action happens.
So I only press a button once and the expected action happens.
Thanks Jeffers24, does it mean that sleep mode completely transparent for you?
Are you sure remote was sleeping when you pressed the keys? How did you know that? Does it reacts with delay in that case? How much time does it need to sleep?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control3