• 77(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-06-04, 10:27)Neighbour Wrote: BTW - all the time when I insert to 3D ISO via MVC KODI Build that screen turn black and wait few second and play the movie on 3D , is It normal ? ( Because on regular Blueray ISO it isn't happen ) .
My Epson 3LCD projector goes black for 4-5 seconds with any video, so for my set-up, this is normal. My previous DLP PJ BenQ W1070, which @movie78 also has, did similar.

With Lenovo 300, as it has the same h/w as Beelink Pocket P2 I tested, I assume the lip-synch error may be correctable by trying different audio driver... which version, I can't say, as I don't have the Lenovo. Maybe trying PM'ing @noggin. He reported slight lip-synch in his early tests, but don't know if things eventually worked out okay for him.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-06-04, 16:03)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-06-04, 10:27)Neighbour Wrote: BTW - all the time when I insert to 3D ISO via MVC KODI Build that screen turn black and wait few second and play the movie on 3D , is It normal ? ( Because on regular Blueray ISO it isn't happen ) .
My Epson 3LCD projector goes black for 4-5 seconds with any video, so for my set-up, this is normal. My previous DLP PJ BenQ W1070, which @movie78 also has, did similar.

I agree,I think that's normal with 3D Framepacking.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Solution for Intel Graphic Driver problem Intel NUC D34010WYK/H and frame skipping while playing 3d mkv Side by Side (german TV recordings Sky 3D),

In the last two weeks i have installed a 3D Solution with an Intel NUC DN2820FYKH for my wife and my son. Thereby unfortunately i have to find out, that the AVR Onkyo TX-NR3007 is only an HDMI 1.3 Device and no framepacked 3D was possible. For this fault the solution was a Ligawo 4x2 HDMI 3D Matrix with a SPDIF optical audio out to onkyo avr (no more HD Audio anymore). All HDMI Connections were wired through the HDMI Matrix. HDMI1 In skybox, HDMI2 In Intel NUC, HDMI3 In Panasonic Blurayplayer. HDMI B out to TV Pioneer Kuro LX 5090 (Non 3D Device) and HDMI A out to Projector Epson EH-TW9200.

With the Ligawo Splitter the Epson projector could recognize framepacked 3D MVC out by Afedchins Kodi or a 3D Bluray via the Panasonic Blurayplayer. With 3D MVC mkv in kodi all was fine

But whether Afedchins Kodi 0505 nor 1205 plays correctly the Sky Side by Side recordings encoded to mkv files. The movies are full with distortions, skipped frames etc. Key o on the keyboard shows that Afedchins Kodi shows the false resultion of 3840x1080 and 25p (Kodi 16 shows 1920x1080 and 50 and the movies plays fine).

Here is my workaround for Afedchins Kodi versions:

Plaese try the following settings in Kodi

- System Settings
-- Display
--- Refresh Rate 50,00

For playing 3D Video only:

- Player Settings
--Videos
--- Adjust display refresh rate: off
--- Allow hardware acceleration DXVA2: on
--- Decode stereo streams in 3d: on

With these settings espacially those for playing 3d mkv files in framepacked and side by side format all was fine without distortions or skipped frames. Tested with Intel NUC DN2820FYKH and Intel NUC D34010WYK/H.

The NUC 34010 is my own. The NUC is wired over an Pioneer SC-LX76 AVR and outpot is gowing ton an projector Panasonic PT-AT6000E. The Intel graphics driver 3540 for this special NUC is with this solution no more longer neccesary. Please try out any newer Intel Driver and post your observations.

My Explanation for this behaviour is, that afedchin (or another person) has described in his clothed thread, that he has implemented a special forced frame rate switching outside the player settings in kodi. This special frame rate switching caused in 3d with the kodi player settings adjust display refresh rate: on start and stop the problems with intel graphic driver in nuc 34010 and the problems in 3d side by side. To avoid these problems you have to shut off adjust display refresh rate in kodi for playing 3d movies.
Smile

Regards

Gerald Paul
anyone have audio sync issues when chapter skipping? this happens with every build. i notice it more with 3D MVC mkv. usually a start/stop fixes it and sometimes a back seek does as well.

this is on both an intel 5100 as well as an nvidia 750M (i'm leaning nvidia because it's video quality is better)
It's a known issue.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
any other workarounds?
Using ISO's ... but, that isn't a real solution.
My HT
Ok I am not sure how to explain the issue I am having. For starters my projector is an Epson 5030UB, I am running an Z170N-Wifi Gigabyte motherboard on an i5-6500 (Skylake). I replaced the motherboard and CPU, I originally started with the i3-6100 on an MSI B150 chipset and it had the same issues, so its not the motherboard. When I watch 3D, it seems to work fine for a bit, but then whenever the scene changes, its almost as if the 3D gets inverted, but not competely, its hard to explain, because its different than left eye/right eye issues. (I tested that just to make sure). It does not matter what movie I choose, they all do it. I have tried to force the render mode to Software from Auto, and even tried DVXA. On Software it seems to hold longer before it happens. Fast forwarding will cause it, but if I just leave the movie on, in about 10 minutes it does that. I am running an internal 6TB hard drive so its not transfer speed related. I have tried many Intel Graphics drivers to no avail. I am currently on the June 3 build, although I think the other day I tried an older one but forget the build number. I have tried messing around with frame rate combos, etc. I have tried pass-through audio and with that disabled. I set everything up like in the picture slide show at the beginning. Funny though, if I use my wifes computer, its a Z97 board with an i3, it didn't do it, although I only had it 30 minutes to test on before she let me "play around with it any longer".

Any ideas as to what is happening, and a possible solution? I am worried that only the mobile CPU's work correctly on these test builds as they are a 6xxxU variant so they are technically not the same. I would just go and get a Dell 3050 if I could use my 6TB hard drive without an external case, but like **** am I risking losing nearly 6TB of 3D ISO's in an external case as I have experienced that with so called "good external cases" in the recent past. There must be some way to make this work, it works temporarily so it has to be some setting in either Kodi or Windows 10?
(2016-06-04, 10:27)Neighbour Wrote:
(2016-06-03, 23:56)hdmkv Wrote: You have 'Adjust display refresh rate' enabled to 'On start/stop', with 'Sync playback to display' disabled?

Yes I do that .

BTW - all the time when I insert to 3D ISO via MVC KODI Build that screen turn black and wait few second and play the movie on 3D , is It normal ? ( Because on regular Blueray ISO it isn't happen ) .

Thanks.

This is entirely normal - and also happens with 3D Blu-ray players.

Your device is switching between two different video formats over HDMI (going from 2D 1920x1080 to 3D Frame Packed which is 1920x2205 - with 2 x 1920x1080 images on top of each other separated by 45 lines of blanking) and as your device is changing video formats your TV has to re-sync to the new HDMI video format, and so blanks whilst it is doing this (better than showing you random garbage)

The same is true for most of us when we switch from 1080/50p output or 1080/59.94p output to 1080/24p or 23.976p output as we move from a high-frame rate output for Live / Recorded TV (or smooth GUI navigation) to the correct frame rate for 1080p movies (which are better seen at 23.976p than 59.94p if you have a '24p-friendly' display) to avoid watching 1080/24p content with 3:2 pulldown judder.

Don't worry about it if it only happens at the beginning of a movie (and you may find you get better 2D performance with the Adjust Refresh rate option enabled to 'On Start/Stop' in Kodi Video->Playback settings.) If it happens mid-movie - then that is the time to be concerned...
Been doing some testing with my NUC D34010WYK.

Does the eye switching option work for anyone? I tried Peanuts Movie and it has the wrong eye first but I'm unable to switch to the correct one.
I also tried to change the Stereo header to 14 in the mkv but that didn't work either.

A couple of other issues... I tried The Mermaid, the chinese movie, and the english subtitles seem to be in 2D as they are way back in the background making it painful to read them.

I also tried to watch The Finest Hours in 3D but had to switch to 2D half way through because I had a lot of blurriness with things in the background, like people's cloth who were standing in the back, or walls and stuff.
It seemed like if anything in the background was watched through a dirty glass...

I also noticed a bug that happens with the N2820 as well. At the end credits, if I fast forward then the screen turns black and Kodi crashes.
But to be honest I hope afedchin will still be working on it because IMO, 3D playback is far from stable. Like the TrueHD/Atmos skipping issues mentioned previously or chapter skipping overall on mvc mkvs.

But of course I'm grateful for what we have so far Smile
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-06-07, 11:14)ArieS Wrote: Been doing some testing with my NUC D34010WYK.

Does the eye switching option work for anyone? I tried Peanuts Movie and it has the wrong eye first but I'm unable to switch to the correct one.
I also tried to change the Stereo header to 14 in the mkv but that didn't work either.

A couple of other issues... I tried The Mermaid, the chinese movie, and the english subtitles seem to be in 2D as they are way back in the background making it painful to read them.

I also tried to watch The Finest Hours in 3D but had to switch to 2D half way through because I had a lot of blurriness with things in the background, like people's cloth who were standing in the back, or walls and stuff.
It seemed like if anything in the background was watched through a dirty glass...

I also noticed a bug that happens with the N2820 as well. At the end credits, if I fast forward then the screen turns black and Kodi crashes.
But to be honest I hope afedchin will still be working on it because IMO, 3D playback is far from stable. Like the TrueHD/Atmos skipping issues mentioned previously or chapter skipping overall on mvc mkvs.

But of course I'm grateful for what we have so far Smile

I just wanted to chime in on the 3D playback quality issue.... I am using an Intel NUC NUC5i5RYH. I do not have as severe issues as you, but 3D playback is still wierd as compared to other devices (such as Dune Solo 4K, Q10 Pro, Oppo 103D, or even the Samsung K8500 UHD player). Besides the ever present Lip Sync issue in 3D MVC mkv playback, the images on my LG 4K OLED look almost too deep with some foreground images seen in the background. It's hard to pin down the exact problem with the images, but it is annoying enough the I have tried to readjust the depth and point of view by adjusting the LG OLED 3D settings with minimal improvement. I don't see blurry images, but the 3D image is just not right.

Any other people experiencing image difficulty with 3D playback?
NUC: NUC5i5RYH (Intel Core i5-5250U, Intel HD Graphics 6000)
RAM: 16 GB Crucial DDR3-1600
SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD
Display: LG 65EF9500 OLED
AVR: Pioneer Elite SC-99
Are you guys experiencing the same issues with ISO playback?
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
I'm curious about that too, not that container should make a difference, but who knows.

Watched these week before last or last week, with May 12 build on D34010WYK NUC:
  • 'Drive Angry' (3D ISO, is right-eye first), the flip-eyes was automatic and 3D looked good
  • 'The Finest Hours' (3D ISO), the PQ and 3D effect were both good
The "blurriness" and "dirty glass" effects you describe are likely graphics driver related. I had the latest beta graphics driver at one point and didn't really noticed the issues until @movie78 called it out.
My HT
(2016-06-07, 17:08)hdmkv Wrote: I'm curious about that too, not that container should make a difference, but who knows.

Watched these week before last or last week, with May 12 build on D34010WYK NUC:
  • 'Drive Angry' (3D ISO, is right-eye first), the flip-eyes was automatic and 3D looked good
  • 'The Finest Hours' (3D ISO), the PQ and 3D effect were both good
The "blurriness" and "dirty glass" effects you describe are likely graphics driver related. I had the latest beta graphics driver at one point and didn't really noticed the issues until @movie78 called it out.

i watched the finest hours 2 days ago with no issues either on latest MVC build.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-06-07, 17:37)dukester Wrote:
(2016-06-07, 17:08)hdmkv Wrote: .

i watched the finest hours 2 days ago with no issues either on latest MVC build.

I assume your 3D files are in ISO format.
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10