• 207(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
i3-6100 was tested by @DeejayT, no issues reported. But, blurriness reported by @movie78 w/graphics driver no matter what he tried. Looking at specs for Intel G3900 and Intel G4400, both should do MVC and HD audio, but unless I missed any user reports here, you may be going it alone and letting us know.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
On Intel Datasheet for G3900 there are these informations :
4K Support Yes, at 60Hz
Intel® Quick Sync Video Yes
Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology Yes
But I don't know for HD audio.
G3900 / G4400 provide Intel Graphics 510 and G4500 / i3-6100 provide Intel Graphics 530
Professional articles on 3D are few and far between these days, but here's a decent little one on viewing angle at Sound & Vision.
My HT
@hdmkv: I remember a while back before you updated your Post you had a few explanations how to set up the Raspi/Openelec/LibreElec in terms of Sound and 3D Settings. I can't find that anymore, i found that very useful because i didn't fully understand everything myself. I wanted to look it up againsince I reset my PI. Is there anywhere i can find that Explanation or somethign similiar?

Thank you Smile
(2016-06-09, 10:08)D-m-x Wrote: @hdmkv: I remember a while back before you updated your Post you had a few explanations how to set up the Raspi/Openelec/LibreElec in terms of Sound and 3D Settings. I can't find that anymore, i found that very useful because i didn't fully understand everything myself. I wanted to look it up againsince I reset my PI. Is there anywhere i can find that Explanation or somethign similiar?

Thank you Smile

what are your thoughts on the Pi? i have the pi2 but have since stopped using it for video because the quality is lacking as compared to my intel 5100 gpu which is slightly inferior to my nvidia 750M gpu. i found the pi has way too much color banding in playback that the others dont exhibit nearly as bad

i do love the small size, constant builds and updates, and the 3D playback is near perfect except the audio sync issues.
(2016-06-08, 23:52)hdmkv Wrote: Professional articles on 3D are few and far between these days, but here's a decent little one on viewing angle at Sound & Vision.

Talking about 3D and 4k UHD, for now, I think I prefer 3D than 4k UHD.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-06-09, 15:17)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-06-08, 23:52)hdmkv Wrote: Professional articles on 3D are few and far between these days, but here's a decent little one on viewing angle at Sound & Vision.

Talking about 3D and 4k UHD, for now, I think I prefer 3D than 4k UHD.

i would agree. active shutter 3D at home is simply amazing once you dial in everything.

4K is beautiful as well and i love thst a 4K display can do full resolution passive 3D.
(2016-06-09, 10:08)D-m-x Wrote: @hdmkv: I remember a while back before you updated your Post you had a few explanations how to set up the Raspi/Openelec/LibreElec in terms of Sound and 3D Settings. I can't find that anymore, i found that very useful because i didn't fully understand everything myself. I wanted to look it up againsince I reset my PI. Is there anywhere i can find that Explanation or somethign similiar?

Thank you Smile
@D-m-x, I haven't used RPi in a while, but basic steps for Pi2/3 would be:
  1. Download 'RPi2 and RPi3 (Combined) Build' from here (image), under 'New Install and Manual Update for LibreELEC (.img.gz)'
  2. Extract to get .img (image) file, and use this tool to write image to microSD card
  3. Put mSD card into Pi and power on
  4. Go through LibreELEC wizard until you get to main Kodi UI. Go to settings and note Pi's IP address
  5. Leave Pi on and connected to your network, and now get latest Milhouse 'RPi2' build here (.tar file)
  6. Browse to your Pi on your network via File/Windows Explorer on your PC, and just copy over the .tar file over the the 'Update' folder
  7. Reboot Pi to apply update
  8. In Kodi, go to settings and toggle to 'Expert' view to see all options
  9. Under Videos > Playback, enable 'Adjust display refresh rate to match video' on start/stop. But, leave 'Sync playback to display' disabled
  10. Under System > Audio, choose 7.1 or 5.1 channels (whatever your set-up is), and 'Enable passthrough' should be unchecked. Instead choose 8-channel PCM option (forgetting what it's labeled as exactly)
  11. Ensure 'Use Full HD HDMI mode for 3D' is enabled and anything that says 'MVC' (again, I'm forgetting what these are named as)
  12. [Optional, but recommended if you use MPEG2 and VC-1] Get codec licenses from Pi foundation

Think those are it... if any further questions or issues, you may want to ask in the Raspberry Pi section.
My HT
(2016-06-09, 17:12)hdmkv Wrote:

Thank you Smile
@D-m-x, I haven't used RPi in a while, but basic steps for Pi2/3 would be:
  1. Download 'RPi2 and RPi3 (Combined) Build' from here (image), under 'New Install and Manual Update for LibreELEC (.img.gz)'
  2. Extract to get .img (image) file, and use this tool to write image to microSD card
  3. Put mSD card into Pi and power on
  4. Go through LibreELEC wizard until you get to main Kodi UI. Go to settings and note Pi's IP address
  5. Leave Pi on and connected to your network, and now get latest Milhouse 'RPi2' build here (.tar file)
  6. Browse to your Pi on your network via File/Windows Explorer on your PC, and just copy over the .tar file over the the 'Update' folder
  7. Reboot Pi to apply update
  8. In Kodi, go to settings and toggle to 'Expert' view to see all options
  9. Under Videos > Playback, enable 'Adjust display refresh rate to match video' on start/stop. But, leave 'Sync playback to display' disabled
  10. Under System > Audio, choose 7.1 or 5.1 channels (whatever your set-up is), and 'Enable passthrough' should be unchecked. Instead choose 8-channel PCM option (forgetting what it's labeled as exactly)
  11. Ensure 'Use Full HD HDMI mode for 3D' is enabled and anything that says 'MVC' (again, I'm forgetting what these are named as)
  12. [Optional, but recommended if you use MPEG2 and VC-1] Get codec licenses from Pi foundation

Think those are it... if any further questions or issues, you may want to ask in the Raspberry Pi section.

Thank you so much, gonna bookmark this for the future Smile
This Setup works and sounds just fine Blush
I'm lucky I found this Topic a while ago since it's really helpful in terms of 3D comparison. Haven't seen a better Topic out there Big Grin

(2016-06-09, 15:09)TheShoe Wrote:

Thank you Smile

what are your thoughts on the Pi? i have the pi2 but have since stopped using it for video because the quality is lacking as compared to my intel 5100 gpu which is slightly inferior to my nvidia 750M gpu. i found the pi has way too much color banding in playback that the others dont exhibit nearly as bad

i do love the small size, constant builds and updates, and the 3D playback is near perfect except the audio sync issues.

Well I'm using the Pi2 roughly for about 1 Year now. It took me a while to set it up so it would fit my needs and work right. But now i love it! Sure there are a few things that are not optimal (Reboots once in a while, maybe once every 2 Months because some Addon hung up or something like that, also some Skins are just to resourceful).
Apart from that everything works as it should, I have no Problems. I'm using hdmkv's Settings which are working just fine apart from one thing: "But, leave 'Sync playback to display' disabled" -> That Point I changed to "Adjust PLL"

You can read more about it here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1840053 If I leave that off i notice the mentioned occasional stutters with that on it's just perfect Tongue
Excellent 3D BD effect scale by @Zivouhr at Blu-ray.com forum here. Added to post #1 of this thread already.
My HT
(2016-06-12, 01:50)hdmkv Wrote: Excellent 3D BD effect scale by @Zivouhr at Blu-ray.com forum here. Added to post #1 of this thread already.

Great article.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I'm thinking about getting the rpi 3 for the obvious 3D reasons mentioned here. The nvidia shield first got my attention, but won't do it due to poor 3D support.

Is anyone using the rpi3 on a 4K TV? I'm a bit worried the 1080p output will result in poor image quality on the TV for subtitles.

Also that brings me to my other question: are the 3D subtitles also good on these devices? I currently have a minix neo x8h plus, but the 3D subs are a disaster.
RPi3's 1080p PQ on your 4K TV should be just fine. Yes, Pi2/3, Intel NUC and HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro all support 3D subs in 3D.
My HT
I just setup my RPi3 yesterday (just for the 3D MVC playing) and so far, it's working quite well. I initially had some intermittent video blacking out issues, but oddly enough, it resolved by itself. The ability to play full 1080P 3D on my TV is well worth the $50 bucks I spent on the device. It's a shame that my Shield TV can't do this, especially because it's the perfect device in every other way.
Can I take it that the NUC5i3RYK is just as good for Kodi/3D/Bitstream as the NUC5i5RYK, only the processing power is less?
  • 207(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17