• 29(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
I have the Epson 5030UB and PQ to my eyes is excellent.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2016-06-07, 12:04)essjay Wrote: Hi guys. What's the picture quality like on these little boxes for full 1080p Blu-ray rips circa 30GB (from a NAS, 1gig network)? I'm looking for something specifically for use with a projector (130" screen) so picture quality is important (everything gets highlighted on the big screen!)......

You'll find almost everything does a reasonable job with 1080p H264 content - the only caveats are devices that go from 16-235 to 0-255 to 16-235 and introduce banding.
(2016-06-01, 19:28)Jdiesel Wrote: I bit the bullet and ordered one to play around with. Not exactly cheap at $130CAD shipped with a 16GB eMMC, case, and power supply but it seems like it has a lot of potential.

What is the likelihood of seeing a more recent kernel on the C2? Will an outdated kernel limit development on the C2 or will it apply more to issues with attached devices?

Well add another $16CAD for duties to the total price. I shouldn't be surprised as it shipped through FedEx but those considering the C2 should factor that into the total cost. The total cost is now approaching $150CAD which IMO is no longer such a great deal considering a local shop of mine is selling the Wetek Core for $165CAD. Either way I am looking forward to testing this out soon.
(2016-06-08, 20:39)Jdiesel Wrote:
(2016-06-01, 19:28)Jdiesel Wrote: I bit the bullet and ordered one to play around with. Not exactly cheap at $130CAD shipped with a 16GB eMMC, case, and power supply but it seems like it has a lot of potential.

What is the likelihood of seeing a more recent kernel on the C2? Will an outdated kernel limit development on the C2 or will it apply more to issues with attached devices?

Well add another $16CAD for duties to the total price. I shouldn't be surprised as it shipped through FedEx but those considering the C2 should factor that into the total cost. The total cost is now approaching $150CAD which IMO is no longer such a great deal considering a local shop of mine is selling the Wetek Core for $165CAD. Either way I am looking forward to testing this out soon.

where did you get yours from?
(2016-06-10, 05:06)jebise Wrote:
(2016-06-08, 20:39)Jdiesel Wrote:

where did you get yours from?

Direct from Hard Kernel
I do know for those Ordering from Pollin in Germany that you can subscribe to their Newsletter and save some money:
http://app.sendnode.com/120105/

Sandisk micro sd reader from officeworks sorted out my emmc reading issues.

The c2 is a snappy little unit.
Looking forward to the continued support and LE releases.

Thanks all.

Richie
(2016-06-10, 05:39)wrxtasy Wrote: I do know for those Ordering from Pollin in Germany that you can subscribe to their Newsletter and save some money:
http://app.sendnode.com/120105/
You don't need to subscribe to the newsletter. Just fetch a recent code from Mydealz or some other coupon website. It costs 50€ delivered to Germany and takes about a week. There is also an offer for a good 32 SD-Card to keep the budget small Wink. It might be cheap enough so that guys from other EU countries could buy the odroid from there (around 5€ more, check http://www.pollin.de/shop/versandbedingungen.html). But enough "advertising" for now.

I've tried to cross compile the "media_build" package for recent TV tuners but it failes. The driver for the Astrometa receiver produces compiler errors if I try it manually. Is someone able to compile it or can share the kernel modules? I might try to compile it on the device itself in case if I have the time.
Hi @wrxtasy,

thanks for answering.

(2016-05-29, 22:02)wrxtasy Wrote: - Black Case to try and Shield the extra Bright Blue Kernel Activity - Flashing LED (I've got to tame that bugger down a bit !)
- iPhone Charger with minimal USB Dongles connected, sometimes a FLIRC.

For peace of mind you may just want to grab a HK PSU as they don't look that expensive anyway, and plug straight into EU Sockets.

I am going to order the black case and use an old iPhone charger.

(2016-05-29, 22:02)wrxtasy Wrote: Also No support for the HiFi Shield with LibreELEC on the C2.
I had to revert all HardKernel - Kernel Audio Mods to get any sort of Audio Passthrough working properly. I doubt I will look at it again.

What exactly do I need the hifi shield for? Do I need it for hd audio passthrough (dts-hd ma, dts-hd hra, dolby true-hd) per hdmi?

I don't need analog audio ports.

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Hi

new on this forum i'm looking like many others to have information before buying a new device.

I have for the last years use a HDI DUNE Player (BD prime 3.0).
very satisfied, easy to use, not cheap though but it served well and is still very alive.
(but echoes on new version are not so great, and 4K doesn't seems to work at the better)

I got a raspberry 2 when it was issued and was using it as retrogaming.
it was reemployed recently as a kodi player for another TV at home.
(rasp 3 doesn't seems to do the job either)

After upgrading my equipment (new home theatre at home, UHD TV), i tried to play UHD content on my prime but remerber quickly it was not compatible. :-) (i know you just start smiling)

so i'm looking for a new UHD compatible device and was lost in the process...
i tried for a short time a Nvidia shield but it was not entierly satisfied, so i sent it back.

I came across the ODROID after several search and it seems that it's the ultimate device for what i'm looking for.
just need confirmation from you.

here is my actual usage :

- all media are stored on a NAS (syno 1511+)
- all devices at home are connected by wire in gigabit cat 6 (no wifi for media streaming)
- in the main room, media player is connected to the amp (yam RV-A750)
- amp is connected to the tv which is now 4K compatible (Pana 65DX750)
- always using passthrough for audio (amp is doing the job)

content :

- all kind of content quality (depending on availability)
- mainly HD or Blu ray iso (no issue through LAN despite Prime not supporting Gigabit)
- no web streaming

new usage :

- capable of decoding UHD format through LAN smoothly

could it be the device i'm looking for ?

ps :
for those who are questionning why i pass on the Shield, i tried some trailer found in 4K, was ok on a usb on my TV, but not got lag on shield.
tried bigger movies but picture was not really smooth got a little lag.
I'm not a huge fan of android other than for a smartphone, too many things for my need, which slow down on the important (IMO).
I prefer to have just the OS that does the job than an app on another OS. (simplier the better :-))
Funny - I have almost same setup, demands and problem as you. Smile I've made great research that gave three results at the moment: Shield TV, ODROID C2 and WeTeK Play2s. I have some problem believing in Shield TV and I do want some ease to setup device. That's why I'm waiting for WeTeK reviews and I'll buy it if they will say that it's really as good device as specs says. You could only stick to Hub version if you don't need DVB-T. Of course both C2 and WeTeK with linux version not an adroid one. Tongue
(2016-06-12, 22:08)hoppel118 Wrote:
(2016-05-29, 22:02)wrxtasy Wrote: Also No support for the HiFi Shield with LibreELEC on the C2.
I had to revert all HardKernel - Kernel Audio Mods to get any sort of Audio Passthrough working properly. I doubt I will look at it again.

What exactly do I need the hifi shield for? Do I need it for hd audio passthrough (dts-hd ma, dts-hd hra, dolby true-hd) per hdmi?

Greetings Hoppel
The HiFi Shield was needed for Analog Audio, and now with the revised "Plus" version S/PDIF output as well.
Unsupported anyway in LE Jarvis at the moment as it breaks HD Audio passthrough if the modded HiFi Shield Audio code is left in the Kernel.

(2016-06-13, 14:42)Draghmar Wrote: Funny - I have almost same setup, demands and problem as you. Smile I've made great research that gave three results at the moment: Shield TV, ODROID C2 and WeTeK Play2s. I have some problem believing in Shield TV and I do want some ease to setup device. That's why I'm waiting for WeTeK reviews and I'll buy it if they will say that it's really as good device as specs says. You could only stick to Hub version if you don't need DVB-T. Of course both C2 and WeTeK with linux version not an adroid one. Tongue

That makes three of us Big Grin Very similar setup and needs.

I'm waiting for the Wetek Play2s and Hub to be released to make my decision. I like the "thought" of the Wetek brand but the C2 has al the specs I need for less money.
(2016-06-13, 15:01)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-06-12, 22:08)hoppel118 Wrote:

Greetings Hoppel
The HiFi Shield was needed for Analog Audio, and now with the revised "Plus" version S/PDIF output as well.
Unsupported anyway in LE Jarvis at the moment as it breaks HD Audio passthrough if the modded HiFi Shield Audio code is left in the Kernel.

OK, I don't need Analog Audio or S/PDIF outputs. I think for the most of us users it's more relevant to get a working hd audio passthrough per hdmi instead of a working hifi shield for old analog audio or old S/PDIF. Wink

(2016-06-13, 15:07)Eneko Wrote:
(2016-06-13, 14:42)Draghmar Wrote: Funny - I have almost same setup, demands and problem as you. Smile I've made great research that gave three results at the moment: Shield TV, ODROID C2 and WeTeK Play2s. I have some problem believing in Shield TV and I do want some ease to setup device. That's why I'm waiting for WeTeK reviews and I'll buy it if they will say that it's really as good device as specs says. You could only stick to Hub version if you don't need DVB-T. Of course both C2 and WeTeK with linux version not an adroid one. Tongue

That makes three of us Big Grin Very similar setup and needs.

I'm waiting for the Wetek Play2s and Hub to be released to make my decision. I like the "thought" of the Wetek brand but the C2 has al the specs I need for less money.

I think that a lot of us are reading the same threads here in the forum every day. The questions is: who is the real game changer? -> "Odroid C2", "Wetek Hub" (or Wetek Play 2S) or "Nvida Shield" Wink

I can't wait anymore. I am going to order the odroid c2 today! Big Grin

EDIT: OK, I ordered from pollin in germany. The phone charger with mini usb I have allready here at home. I hope the following products are all I need?

Quote:Menge Bestellnr. Artikel Status Einzelpreis
1 Stück 94-810 491 ODROID-C2 verfügbar 49,95 €
1 Stück 94-810 505 ODROID-C2 eMMC-Modul, 16GB verfügbar 44,95 €
1 Stück 94-810 383 ODROID-C1 IR-Fernbedienung verfügbar 6,95 €
1 Stück 94-810 430 ODROID-C1+ Gehäuse, schwarz verfügbar 6,95 €

Versandkostenpauschale DE: 4,95 €
Gesamtpreis in Euro (inkl. MwSt. 19,00%): 113,75 €

Greetings Hoppel from Germany
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2016-06-13, 17:31)hoppel118 Wrote: I think that a lot of us are reading the same threads here in the forum every day. The questions is: who is the real game changer? -> "Odroid C2", "Wetek Hub" (or Wetek Play 2S) or "Nvida Shield" Wink

I can't wait anymore. I am going to order the odroid c2 today! Big Grin
I would buy C2 because it's cheaper and I'd get some fun making it working but I need this device for my wife too and she won't be pleased when something won't work because I've make some mistakes. Wink
Anyway - grats for finally choosing one. I hope you'll going to tell us your impression. Smile
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610