Visualisation in Jarvis
(2016-02-28, 19:11)vmstek Wrote: Here is what worked for my Ubuntu 14.04 with Kodi 16.0 Jarvis and an ATI video card. note: correct visualization spelling for install....it differs in Kodi menus

sudo apt-get install kodi-visualization-*
cd /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/addons
sudo mv visualization.* /usr/lib/kodi/addons/

Then restart Kodi, or sudo reboot

You then have to select a Visualization as it defaults to none.
Shadertoy does not appear to work correctly on my system, the others were OK.

This worked for me. Thank you for the instructions. Now if I could just get the artist fanart to go away while the visualization is playing.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche
(2016-06-14, 15:21)linesma Wrote: This worked for me. Thank you for the instructions. Now if I could just get the artist fanart to go away while the visualization is playing.

What skin are you using?
Hey guys, I use Slackware not Debian. Before the visualization were included and we could enable or disable while compiling. I understand that you have moved them into addons . But now it seems the visualization are Debian focused. I tried to compile with cmake but it needs and can not find KodiConfig.cmake. Is there any instructions on how to move forward? I tried copying the Isengard visualization so over and they do show up but are non functional. So any hints on what to do next? I love kodi and mostly use it for video but def not having any visualization so that work are a problem. i have read the ideas in the forum but the solutions seem deb based. Is there a visualization repository? If they are addons why are they not just in a repository like all the other addons?
nothing debian centric about anything.

you make install in kodi. that installs, among other things, KodiConfig.cmake.
then you can build the add-ons (assuming the installation prefix of kodi is in your prefix paths) as you build any other cmake driven software, 'cmake, make, make install'

visualizations and other binary add-ons are in separate repos, one for each add-on. you can find the info for each of them in the meta repository at https://github.com/xbmc/repo-binary-addons

make sure to use the 'Jarvis' branch in the meta repo as the master of add-ons do not compile against jarvis (changes..).
Did anyone have any luck getting shadertoy working? I have the same issue (flashing white and black screen) and can't seem to figure it out. Other visualizations work fine.
Too weak gpu probably. That sounds like what happens when shaders isnt supported by hw.
(2016-09-02, 08:07)ironic_monkey Wrote: Too weak gpu probably. That sounds like what happens when shaders isnt supported by hw.

No, more like a lack of support for the OS. I'm running Kodi on a Linux PC with exemplary hardware. None of the visualizations have worked for me since Jarvis. I have given up.
Thanks guys. Either one is a bummer. I'd love to get shadertoy working. Oh well...not the end of the world
You can thank stevepusser at Debian forums for the quick fix for Debian/ubuntu users http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f...64#p615348
Awesome - thanks for the info. I'll give that a shot
Would someone point me to where I can get the 3D bar chart visualization (music)? I installed the ones I could find in 'usr.lib.share.addons', so Jarvis visualizations will work, but the 3D bar chart that was in 14.04 is missing ...

Thanks

(ProjectM is awesome)
Wink 
(2016-02-28, 19:11)vmstek Wrote: Here is what worked for my Ubuntu 14.04 with Kodi 16.0 Jarvis and an ATI video card. note: correct visualization spelling for install....it differs in Kodi menus

sudo apt-get install kodi-visualization-*
cd /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/addons
sudo mv visualization.* /usr/lib/kodi/addons/

Then restart Kodi, or sudo reboot

You then have to select a Visualization as it defaults to none.
Shadertoy does not appear to work correctly on my system, the others were OK.

Oh my god, you saved my arse, i just built a gamer computer , and install ubuntu 16.04 64 bits. and amd support Rx 470 graphics video card,
and after i made a lor of repository installation the dammn project m was working, until you game the right and precise solution, thanks a lot brother.
Now i can enjoy project m on kodi 17, and on clementine, also i installed project m, as independant vizualator, thanks a bunch again brother, cheers...

my specs are,
Radeon RX 470 Overclocked 4GB GDDR5 Rear Blower 4M (3 x DP, HDMI)
ASUS VZ249H Frameless 23.8” 5ms (GTG) IPS Widescreen LCD/LED Monitors, HDMI 1920X1080 Ultra-Slim Design, W/ eye care feature and flicker free Technology, 178/178 Viewing Angle and build in speakers
CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z
CPU FX 8350
RAM 8 GB Kingston Hyper X 2400 Mhz, (it is just set as 1333 Mhz as deafault)
Hard drive a normal Western digital of 1 TB

Thanks brotha
try this link [link removed]
(2017-06-08, 20:31)samria Wrote: try this link [link removed]

Removed the link as downloading zip files is totally unnecessary.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Visualisation in Jarvis0