Release Hunt Channel
Updated version for Matrix now available. Live stream only. All on demand shows are available on Vimeo.

Hunt Channel - Matrix Version 2021.09.26

If you have any issues with the add-on, enable the log notices in the add-on settings, and post a link to a full, unedited debug log (wiki)

Requested here.

Hunt Channel provides Quality Outdoor Programming Blocks, including some of the best hunting, fishing and shooting shows out there. Watch the Live Stream, or choose from their library of episodes to watch instantly. New episodes are added to the On Demand section weekly.

Hunt Channel - version 2019.09.21

I've tested on Linux (Ubuntu 12.04 & Lubuntu 14.04), Mac OS (Lion), and Android (Lollipop), running Gotham, Helix, and Isengard, and experienced no issues.

If you have any issues with the add-on, please post a log (wiki).
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Thanks for the plugin... Maybe it's time to start your own repository? If you need help just let me know.

Sent from my SM-G935T
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I can't figure out how to do this from inside Kodi.. Can someone help? I'm using Fire TV so I don't use my computer. My husband's dying for the hunting channels. Thank you!
(2016-06-21, 03:10)vcerch63 Wrote: I can't figure out how to do this from inside Kodi.. Can someone help? I'm using Fire TV so I don't use my computer. My husband's dying for the hunting channels. Thank you!

Not sure if it's the same for Fire TV, but the process below for Firestick might be worth a try.

How to Download and Install Zip Files to Firestick Kodi

Good luck! Smile
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
Thanks for the plugin.

On downloading the file it shows up as part file,

Is it me or is there a problem.

Again many thanks for this plugin have been looking for this for some time.

All the best jamsb.
(2016-06-22, 00:56)jamsb Wrote: Thanks for the plugin.

On downloading the file it shows up as part file,

Is it me or is there a problem.

Again many thanks for this plugin have been looking for this for some time.

All the best jamsb.

Should be a .zip file, about ~450k is size. I just tried and it downloaded without issue. Sounds like maybe your download was interrupted. Are you using some type of download manager, or just clicking the link to the file on the tinyupload page? Have you tried right-clicking the link and choosing 'save as'?
(2016-05-24, 03:57)Lunatixz Wrote: Thanks for the plugin... Maybe it's time to start your own repository? If you need help just let me know.

Sent from my SM-G935T

I second this Smile @MetalChris, you have been avoiding github for too long Rofl(maybe some other place if you have something against git)
(2016-06-21, 19:14)MetalChris Wrote:
(2016-06-21, 03:10)vcerch63 Wrote: I can't figure out how to do this from inside Kodi.. Can someone help? I'm using Fire TV so I don't use my computer. My husband's dying for the hunting channels. Thank you!

Not sure if it's the same for Fire TV, but the process below for Firestick might be worth a try.

How to Download and Install Zip Files to Firestick Kodi

Good luck! Smile

Thank you MetalChris.. I do know how to install zip files etc I guess what I can't seem to find is the zip information (nor sure if you'd say url or file destination). I can add from a zip in Kodi.. I just need to know what I'm typing in! So sorry to be annoying!
@MetalChris

Thankyou that worked just fine.

Again thankyou for the addon.

All the best jamsb.
(2016-06-22, 02:50)siuside Wrote:
(2016-05-24, 03:57)Lunatixz Wrote: Thanks for the plugin... Maybe it's time to start your own repository? If you need help just let me know.

Sent from my SM-G935T

I second this Smile @MetalChris, you have been avoiding github for too long Rofl(maybe some other place if you have something against git)

If you do a search on github for metalchris, you'll see he has tried and failed twice to setup a repo. He also opened a repo help request, which only a few people replied to (me being one). [WIP] Why Doesn't My Repo Work?

@MetalChris: I am not stalking you!!! Laugh Another nice add-on. Found this in the Dev > Add-ons forum, maybe give it a try? [Release] Repository Bootstrapper (makes your own repo)
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
(2016-06-22, 02:55)vcerch63 Wrote: Thank you MetalChris.. I do know how to install zip files etc I guess what I can't seem to find is the zip information (nor sure if you'd say url or file destination). I can add from a zip in Kodi.. I just need to know what I'm typing in! So sorry to be annoying!

Ok, not sure exactly where you are stuck, so let's see if we can narrow this down.

Have you downloaded the file, and can't find it on the Fire TV, or are you stuck at the point where you would enter the url in ES File Explorer for the .zip that you want to download (I think that would be step 13)?

(2016-06-22, 07:44)jamsb Wrote: @MetalChris

Thankyou that worked just fine.

Again thankyou for the addon.

All the best jamsb.

Excellent! Happy to see it's working for you. Smile

(2016-06-22, 17:59)misty01 Wrote:
(2016-06-22, 02:50)siuside Wrote:

Sent from my SM-G935T

If you do a search on github for metalchris, you'll see he has tried and failed twice to setup a repo. He also opened a repo help request, which only a few people replied to (me being one). [WIP] Why Doesn't My Repo Work?

@misty01 - Thanks for your input in that thread, I was able to fix the issue with icons not showing up, and get a bit closer to having a working repo.

@siuside - I've actually tried other places besides git, and the results were even worse! Rofl I'm not giving up, it's just low on my list of priorities.

@Lunatixz - Thanks for the offer, next time I make an attempt at creating a repo I'll send a PM.

(2016-06-22, 17:59)misty01 Wrote: @MetalChris: I am not stalking you!!! Laugh Another nice add-on. Found this in the Dev > Add-ons forum, maybe give it a try? [Release] Repository Bootstrapper (makes your own repo)

Laugh Thanks for the link, I'll take a look and see if I have better luck.
Originally I had downloaded the schedule for the live stream to a json file that the add-on would read, but I've noticed that there are some changes to the schedule every couple of weeks. I've updated the add-on to scrape the schedule from the website so the live stream info will be more accurate. I've also changed the way the url for the live stream is obtained.

EDIT: Please download the latest version from post #14 below.

Tested on Linux (Ubuntu 12.04 & Lubuntu 14.04), Mac OS (Lion), and Android (Lollipop), running Gotham, Helix, Isengard, and Jarvis.

Any and all feedback is welcome, and appreciated.

If you have any issues with the add-on, please post a log (wiki).
MC,

Just downloaded the latest and got an error when trying to launch the add-on. I know we're not supposed to put error log snippets, but this so small not worth it to use pastebin.
Tested on Mac OS 10.7.5, kodi 15.2.

Code:
23:34:25 T:4731785216   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('0:30 AM',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/abc/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.hunt-channel/addon.py", line 59, in <module>
                                                shows = data[nowstring]
                                            KeyError: ('0:30 AM',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I added a "nowstring" dump for testing. The add-on is working now with 'nowstring' at '1:00 AM', the KeyError does not like a 'nowstring' of '0:30 AM'.

Code:
00:06:32 T:4582281216  NOTICE: URL: http://www.huntchannel.tv
00:06:32 T:4582281216  NOTICE: Name: On Demand
00:06:32 T:4582281216  NOTICE: Hunt Channel VOD
00:06:32 T:4583084032  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
00:07:04 T:4498919424  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
00:07:04 T:4611264512  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
00:07:04 T:4611264512  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
00:07:05 T:4611264512  NOTICE: nowstring: 1:00 AM
00:07:05 T:4611264512  NOTICE: Mode: None
00:07:05 T:4611264512  NOTICE: URL: None
00:07:05 T:4611264512  NOTICE: Name: None
00:07:05 T:4611264512  NOTICE: Generate Main Menu
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
(2016-08-21, 06:45)misty01 Wrote: I added a "nowstring" dump for testing. The add-on is working now with 'nowstring' at '1:00 AM', the KeyError does not like a 'nowstring' of '0:30 AM'.

Whoever invented our current 12 hour time scheme obviously did not consider that it would cause problems like this. Wink

The add-on just doesn't like having a zero hour. I've added a check for this, and it should convert the zero hour to 12. Please download the latest version below:

EDIT: Link removed. Please download from post #21.

Alternatively, users can continue with the previous version and just not watch between Midnight and 1 AM ET, but that's really not acceptable.

Thanks @misty01 for being awake later than me and letting me know about this. Smile
Hey MC,

Thanks, the new link is downloading 0.0.5 not v 0.0.6.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hunt Channel1