• 23(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
hi all, just a question: does wetek Hub have wifi AC or not? In the first post of this discussion wifi AC is present, but on Wetek website is not present (only b/g/n)
Yes, it have AP6335 802.11 B/G/N/AC, Bluetooth 4.0 and Gigabit Ethernet.
OK, that may sound like really stupid question but I'd like to be sure...
At the moment the difference between Play2 and Play2S are basically internal SSD slot and different remote, right? I wanted Play2S only because of the remote. So...is there a way to get that remote separately? This way I could buy Play2 which should be only later this summer...

I know we could make assumptions that delay opens window for better hardware (like 905 vs 912) but it's to far away to be bothered by this. Tongue
(2016-06-19, 12:47)wrxtasy Wrote: As a WeTek hardware Beta tester and OE / LE dev. I have been testing a Hub dev. board, so can make a direct comparison:

eMMC Storage is not upgradeable on either device.

Hub (S905) vs Core(S812):
  • Faster eMMC storage results in a bit faster booting up, slightly snappier performance in Android Kodi. OpenELEC speeds are similar.
  • 3D GPU performance if playing games is Superior on the Core. See the CNX chart.
  • I don't have the included retail IR remote for the Hub yet (arriving tomorrow) Smile, but it will be inferior I expect due to being IR as opposed to RF Wireless on the Core. I really like the super responsive remote on the Core with its accurate Air Mouse function.
  • Dual Band AC WiFi on the Hub vs Dual Band BGN on the Core.
  • HDMI 2.0 vs HDMI 1.4 on the Core, means the Hub is not limited to 2160p30Hz video output.
  • 10bit HEVC decoding vs 8bit on the Core.
  • 1 USB port vs 2 USB 2.0 ports
I expect 7.1 True HD and DTS-MA HD Audio Passthrough to be easily implementable on the S905 Hub when running OpenELEC or LibreELEC as I know what is required from ODROID C2 (S905) development.
Clued up Kodi users would have seen that one coming... Wink

I would really like to see WeTek include a few more extra cost - Remote control / keyboard options for Hub purchasers.

Thanks for your post!

I assume the WETEK Media Player app (modified Kodi) will support MCH PCM audio, like the core? Or will that require a post release firmware fix or Android 6.0 update?

As you know from the Odroid C2 thread I'm chasing a low cost device that supports MCH audio (FLAC and HD codec passthough). I have a Core already. It looks like there's no compelling reason to move to the Hub (yet).
(2016-06-19, 23:18)Draghmar Wrote: OK, that may sound like really stupid question but I'd like to be sure...
At the moment the difference between Play2 and Play2S are basically internal SSD slot and different remote, right? I wanted Play2S only because of the remote. So...is there a way to get that remote separately? This way I could buy Play2 which should be only later this summer...

Me too. I don't need an internal SSD or a card reader. I would buy a Play2 (with 2G Ram as somebody said) with the keyboard remote as a pack.
Also, Hub has Microsoft PlayReady support but Core doesn't have it.
(2016-06-19, 20:51)droidelec Wrote: Yes, it have AP6335 802.11 B/G/N/AC, Bluetooth 4.0 and Gigabit Ethernet.

ok thanks, but why Wetek reports "Wireless LAN: 802.11 B/G/N" on wetek website? :-)
(2016-06-20, 10:49)medulin Wrote:
(2016-06-19, 20:51)droidelec Wrote: Yes, it have AP6335 802.11 B/G/N/AC, Bluetooth 4.0 and Gigabit Ethernet.

ok thanks, but why Wetek reports "Wireless LAN: 802.11 B/G/N" on wetek website? :-)

Following spec HUB has AC but Play2 is supporting only BGN. Could someone confirm that?
I must to ask this again and again and again.
This new revision of Play 2 with 2gb ram,which cpu will have,S905DHuhHuh??
or what is about Vp9 or HDR with this new play2.
It is very strange thet at first wetek have told us about new 2016 products and some month later ,Amlogic have their new cpu list for 2016 year.
Now they have problems for play2 and play2 S because they dont have time for the latest amlogic cpu-s.
It is like wetek did not have phone or contacts from amlogic Shy
WeTek Play 2 is based on S905-H Revision C, and it will come with 2 GB of RAM.
Will you release a box with dual (2) dvb s2 tuners ??
(2016-06-21, 13:46)droidelec Wrote: WeTek Play 2 is based on S905-H Revision C, and it will come with 2 GB of RAM.
Thanks for info.

Play 2 will have combo tuners S2 +T2+C ?

Play 2S will have S905D or S912?
I want to have 2016 wetek DVB products with the latest Amlogic 2016 cpu family Blush
I can not decide to buy Play 2 if i dont know what Play 2S will be.It is hard for me to wait for 2017 to see which one to buy.
This link gives the specification of all the Wetek models

https://issuu.com/wetek/docs/leaflet_online6
yeah, so as I wrote before (regarding WiFi):

following spec HUB has AC but Play2 is supporting only BGN. Could someone confirm that?
(2016-06-21, 21:45)rabbit23 Wrote: yeah, so as I wrote before (regarding WiFi):

following spec HUB has AC but Play2 is supporting only BGN. Could someone confirm that?

As per the spec sheets it say Play2 will haveB/G/N whereas Play2S will have AC
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11