• 2(current)
[T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control
(2016-06-25, 16:19)bam80 Wrote:
(2016-06-22, 16:58)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-06-22, 16:30)bam80 Wrote: Is it have "first-char-wakeup-sends-bad-code" behavior as [MX3-M], so that it needs to push button twice after sleep?
If I wake the remote up by pressing the cursor key the cursor appears on the screen and if I move the remote the cursor moves as expected.
If I wake the remote by pressing the return key the expected action happens.
So I only press a button once and the expected action happens.
Thanks Jeffers24, does it mean that sleep mode completely transparent for you?
Are you sure remote was sleeping when you pressed the keys? How did you know that? Does it reacts with delay in that case? How much time does it need to sleep?

I did not realise remotes went to sleep until I had the cursor problem with the MX3 RXii, when waking it back up by pressing a key.

I found the MX3 went to sleep after 20 seconds then when I tried to use it the cursor woke up and it did not operate as I expected it to making it unusable, I did not realise at the time that the MX3 transmitted an incorrect code until you reported it, that would contribute to making the MX3 more difficult to use :-)

With the T3 as stated above I do not know it goes to sleep, it operates like I expect it to and like any other remote I have ever used. There is no delay, you press the key and the receiving box responds immediately. Even after not touching the remote for 15 - 30 minutes

Order one from Amazon, if does not operate correctly you can return it as I did with my MX3. Just make sure you order the correct remote as there are a lot of similar looking ones at different prices. The one I ordered from Amazon UK was at this link:- https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01F...UTF8&psc=1 you may see cheaper remotes with similar/same name that look the same/similar but they are not the same.
(2016-06-07, 06:25)dasco Wrote: This remote has now become my favorite Kodi Remote. (Similar to the MX3 Remote but with upgraded features and extra keys)
dasco, do you have MX3 Remote also?
Can you confirm this one has improvement over MX3 in that it doesn't need double press key to get action when remote is asleep?
(2016-06-25, 17:24)Jeffers24 Wrote: I found the MX3 went to sleep after 20 seconds then when I tried to use it the cursor woke up and it did not operate as I expected it to making it unusable, I did not realise at the time that the MX3 transmitted an incorrect code until you reported it, that would contribute to making the MX3 more difficult to use :-)

With the T3 as stated above I do not know it goes to sleep, it operates like I expect it to and like any other remote I have ever used. There is no delay, you press the key and the receiving box responds immediately. Even after not touching the remote for 15 - 30 minutes
Thanks Jeffers24,
well, T3 manual states about 20 secs to sleep also, so maybe the problem was solved indeed.
There is one enother case - your remotes doesn't go to sleep at all - then, it'll drain your battery very quickly Wink Hope it won't though
(2016-06-25, 17:56)bam80 Wrote:
(2016-06-25, 17:24)Jeffers24 Wrote: I found the MX3 went to sleep after 20 seconds then when I tried to use it the cursor woke up and it did not operate as I expected it to making it unusable, I did not realise at the time that the MX3 transmitted an incorrect code until you reported it, that would contribute to making the MX3 more difficult to use :-)

Thanks Jeffers24,
well, T3 manual states about 20 secs to sleep also, so maybe the problem was solved indeed.
There is one enother case - your remotes doesn't go to sleep at all - then, it'll drain your battery very quickly Wink Hope it won't though

Logically going to sleep and saving the battery make sense.

I did not realise remotes went to sleep as they are only transmitters and I thought they only use battery power when you pressed a button. My batteries last a long time so I guess they all take a rest and go to sleep Smile
(2016-06-25, 18:02)Jeffers24 Wrote: I did not realise remotes went to sleep as they are only transmitters and I thought they only use battery power when you pressed a button.
In IR case they are,
but RF remotes need power to keep the link up, and suffer additional delay when the link eventually broken(remote go to sleep) to set it up again (may be small though).
Quote:My batteries last a long time so I guess they all take a rest and go to sleep Smile
Hope your T3 batteries do the same Smile
(2016-06-25, 17:24)Jeffers24 Wrote: With the T3 as stated above I do not know it goes to sleep, it operates like I expect it to and like any other remote I have ever used. There is no delay, you press the key and the receiving box responds immediately. Even after not touching the remote for 15 - 30 minutes
Jeffers24, could you please check this behavior for other common keys also - such as Power, OK, Nubers, etc. - do they all respond immediately while remote asleep? I would be very appreciated
(2016-06-25, 22:15)bam80 Wrote:
(2016-06-25, 17:24)Jeffers24 Wrote: With the T3 as stated above I do not know it goes to sleep, it operates like I expect it to and like any other remote I have ever used. There is no delay, you press the key and the receiving box responds immediately. Even after not touching the remote for 15 - 30 minutes
Jeffers24, could you please check this behavior for other common keys also - such as Power, OK, Nubers, etc. - do they all respond immediately while remote asleep? I would be very appreciated

Hi Bam I would think all keys will wake up the remote in the same way.

May I repeat my suggestion that you buy one from Amazon giving you the option to check it out and return it if it is not operating as it should.
(2016-06-25, 17:26)bam80 Wrote:
(2016-06-07, 06:25)dasco Wrote: This remote has now become my favorite Kodi Remote. (Similar to the MX3 Remote but with upgraded features and extra keys)
dasco, do you have MX3 Remote also?
Can you confirm this one has improvement over MX3 in that it doesn't need double press key to get action when remote is asleep?

Hi bam80,
I have the MX3 remote also. However i have now changed all my MX3 remotes over to the new T3 remote because of the improvements and extra available keys that can be mapped. The remote wakes from sleep without issue, any single press of a button will reactivate it.
Thank you guys.
I can't order from Amazon because it doesn't deliver to Russia, but AliExpress has some very similar variants (I think they're the same). I would buy one with microphone built-in.
Jeffers24, why I asking to test because I have had another remote with strange key behavior - part of them responded immediately after sleep, but another part took first press on waking up, and only second press leaded to action.
But if you guys tell that there is no problem, I think the risk is justified. It would be awesome remote after all!
Bam,
As in one of my earlier posts be very careful, there are very similar looking/named air mice BUT they are not the same and may have bigger issues than having to press a key twice.
I had a quick look on Ali Express but I could not find the one Dasco posted here and I purchased.
Look closely at the keys on the pics Dasco has posted to compare what you think is the same.
Also suggest you look at other sources, some Chinese suppliers may ship to you.
Well, there is some risk anyway(if ordering from another suppliers).
Here is the one I've found:
T3-2-4GHz-Fly-Air-Mouse-with-Microphone-T3-M-Mini-Keyboard-Qwerty-Wireless-Remote-Controller
Hope it's the same as yours
That looks exactly the same as mine and the pics posted by Dasco, including the box.
Good luck, let us know how you get on.
HELP with pairing.
Mine was working well in an Android TV box.
Bought a Sony Android TV plugged receiver into Sony TV USB port, TV did not respond to remote so tried re-paring remote to the receiver in the Sony TV.
No joy, plugged in USB, pressed OK and TV buttons, got green and red flashing light and no pairing, sits on green and red flashing lights for over 20 minutes.
Tried to pair back in the Android box where remote was working before no joy, tried to pair in my laptop no joy, just green and red flashing light on remote until I take the battery out, tried a number of times same result.
Anyone any idea how I get out of this?
Have you tried resetting the remote by pressing the Tv and Del button, then try pairing again.
Hi Dasco,

Thanks for response, yes picked that idea up on the M3 thread, tried it and it did not make any difference.

Bought two of T3s off Amazon, so I have done some further testing and it appears one of the dongles has gone bad.

I am thinking this because both handsets will pair and work with one of the dongles, both handsets don't pair with the other dongle.

Don't know that there is much I can do but get back on to Amazon as it appears faulty.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control3