Video output to Smart TV
hi,
how can I direct the video output from my laptop to my Smart TV.
when I select a video file and press "C", I sometime get the possibilty to choose "Play with".
in there, I can choose "DVDPlayer(default)" or "(TV)Samsung LED TV"
but this choice is not always available.

how can I change a setting, so that the TV is chosen by default ??
I don't think you can, but more sensibly, plug your laptop into your tv via hdmi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If the TV is detected as a UPnP target, and the file is compatible, you can do this using the external player (wiki) instructions by using the UPnP target name for the video player name. At least, some people have gotten it to work, some of the time.

nickr's suggestion would be the best way to go about it.
(2016-06-26, 12:25)nickr Wrote: I don't think you can, but more sensibly, plug your laptop into your tv via hdmi.

yes, I can do that, there is a 6 ft thunderbolt - hdmi cable.
but than I don't have my laptop available for myself.
and I want to downloading and streaming away from my laptop.
Really, get a kodi box for your tv.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
yes, but I don't want more equipment around my TV.
I could solve this with a kodi box or a Raspberry Pi 3.

so the question remains: can Kodi be set in such a way, that is will always direct the video output, over my local network, to my DNLA Smart TV ??
Intel NUC 5YPPH-8Go-SSD120go-external drive 1To
Windows 10 PRO - Kodi Krypton 17 - IconMix
(2016-06-27, 12:31)fred44nl Wrote: yes, but I don't want more equipment around my TV.
I could solve this with a kodi box or a Raspberry Pi 3.

so the question remains: can Kodi be set in such a way, that is will always direct the video output, over my local network, to my DNLA Smart TV ??

Yes, as I mentioned here (with link): http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2364665

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video output to Smart TV0