• 26(current)
Release ESPN 3
Quote: Thinking about renaming it to -- plugin.video.watchespn

That would seem quite logical to me.
I know in the past, @awaters1 had expressed no interest in renaming (possible gray area in his opinion discussed in Issue #23 in his old repo). I think we leave it to him and also how he wants to maintain the addon in his and or official repos going forward too. One of the best things about this addon was not being subject to the nonsense that @erack had to deal with in the NBC thread and I hope we can continue that way. He is very responsive via github and that gives us room to not even worry about bumping this or other threads.
ESPN names their official apps watchespn so I would prefer to avoid using it for an unofficial addon, I am open to other names though.
Are you open to adding a "Refresh" option in the add-on, particularly where there is live content. Though I can see some value nearly everywhere a video is listed. I find myself needing to exit the addon to refresh what is currently being shown all the time.

Edit: ViewESPN it's the same but differentWink
(2016-06-23, 05:36)mrdally204 Wrote: Are you open to adding a "Refresh" option in the add-on, particularly where there is live content. Though I can see some value nearly everywhere a video is listed. I find myself needing to exit the addon to refresh what is currently being shown all the time.

Edit: ViewESPN it's the same but differentWink

i can see that... with the way the menu is setup now with the live events on the first screen.
or maybe a live events section? so you don't get that feeling that you've left the addon to go back in again.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Even as a sub menu it would still require one to go up a level and reentry when a refresh option would be a one click fix. Being that is it a sports news addon, the available content is constantly changing and being added. It would be nice to be able to refresh to see if new content has been added while I was watching related videos sections. It's just a thought I had after using the addon for a few days.

No opinion on the "ViewESPN" name? Wink
Would you mind also adding a way to hide/omit channels that a user doesn't have access to?

For instance, my cable login only gives me access to ESPN/ESPN2 and not ESPNNews/ESPNU/ect

You could also display a message saying 'Channel Not Authenticated' instead of the plugin running into a script error when trying to play channels that the credentials don't have access to

Thanks!
I'm not sure how to find out what channels a user has access to, I'll see if I can make a better error message.
(2016-06-27, 02:29)awaters1 Wrote: I'm not sure how to find out what channels a user has access to, I'll see if I can make a better error message.

That would be great - thanks!!
(2016-06-25, 17:03)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote: Would you mind also adding a way to hide/omit channels that a user doesn't have access to?

For instance, my cable login only gives me access to ESPN/ESPN2 and not ESPNNews/ESPNU/ect

You could also display a message saying 'Channel Not Authenticated' instead of the plugin running into a script error when trying to play channels that the credentials don't have access to

Thanks!

In the old days (pre-version 1.0.0), the option to select channels displayed was available in the add-on settings. This was stripped out when the premium channels stopped working, and only ESPN3 was available.

This might be nice to have again as I also do not have access to the full slate of ESPN channels with my credentials.

(2016-06-27, 02:29)awaters1 Wrote: I'm not sure how to find out what channels a user has access to, I'll see if I can make a better error message.

In the xml returned from the Session URL generated by the add-on, there is an <auth status> attribute which contains an <errorCode> attribute. You might be able to key on this to check for authorization for specific channels.

If you can't add more specific error handling, perhaps you'd consider bringing back the option to select channels in the add-on settings - it has the added benefit of reducing clutter in the menu.

Whichever is easier (or neither), as long as the add-on works I'm happy. Smile
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
Hey, @GriffeyJuni0r what does the log say when the channel doesn't work? I am subscribed to all of the channels so I am unable to reproduce it.
(2016-06-29, 02:35)awaters1 Wrote: Hey, @GriffeyJuni0r what does the log say when the channel doesn't work? I am subscribed to all of the channels so I am unable to reproduce it.

I've posted a log when trying to play a channel that I'm not authenticated for, looks like a 403 error?

Error Contents: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

http://pastebin.com/raw/eJcUqDDT
Thank you, I added in code to detect this, show an appropriate error message, and disable the channel in the settings. Right now it is at version 2.9.9, I want to give this a few days of testing before pushing it to the official kodi repository.
Any other takers on the ViewESPN name? I'm partial to using something that starts with ESPN so that it shows in the addon list near the Es.
(2016-06-30, 04:08)awaters1 Wrote: Any other takers on the ViewESPN name? I'm partial to using something that starts with ESPN so that it shows in the addon list near the Es.

That's amusing to me. I suggested ViewESPN as it would place it next to the W in the addon list for users who would be looking for "WatchESPN" Smile Being that this is now your addon, you can name it ESPNawaters1 for all we care. As long as it delivers sports we will be happy.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESPN 32