v16 How to change time skip duration of Mouse wheel up/down
I have 3 questions which are actually co-related.
1) I am using kodi 16.1 on windows 10. I want to change mouse wheel up/down button skip duration . Currently it skips 25 to 30 seconds (depending on total length of video).
2) I also wanted to see the original keymap.xml or mouse.xml file saved on my system for viewing purpose only so that I can save my own customized mouse.xml file on Kodi\userdata\keymaps folder. ( mouse.xml on Github.com seems to be incomplete because some of the functions are not even defined there like default time skip by mouse wheel, Link : https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master.../mouse.xml )
3) I also wanted to know about some keymap sections. For example the <FullScreenVideo> section defines mappings that apply when you're watching a video full screen. Then what is the name of the section which shows up when you click mouse left button of full screen and navigation bar & button comes up. Because I want to have volume function during fullscreen and skip function during this navigation bar screen for my mouse wheel.

I have already tried to find these answers on kodi wiki and forums but found no right answer. Please Help.
The skipping is done in an analog like manner. The faster you scroll, the larger the time skip is. The slower you scroll, the smaller the skip is.

What you see on github is what you have on your system. Mouse wheel simply defaults to time skipping for full screen video when the action ID is "wheelup" or "wheeldown". It doesn't have a specific action, at least not specific to the mouse wheel/scroll. You could try this

Code:
<videoOSD>
  <mouse>
    <wheeldown>wheeldown</wheeldown>
    <wheelup>wheelup</wheelup>
  </mouse>
</videoOSD>

To do skips when the OSD is open, but I'm not sure that would work.
These might also work on a mouse wheel, but I haven't tried it myself:

AnalogFastForward
AnalogRewind

AnalogSeekForward
AnalogSeekBack
(2016-06-27, 18:22)Ned Scott Wrote: The skipping is done in an analog like manner. The faster you scroll, the larger the time skip is. The slower you scroll, the smaller the skip is.

What you see on github is what you have on your system. Mouse wheel simply defaults to time skipping for full screen video when the action ID is "wheelup" or "wheeldown". It doesn't have a specific action, at least not specific to the mouse wheel/scroll. You could try this

Code:
<videoOSD>
  <mouse>
    <wheeldown>wheeldown</wheeldown>
    <wheelup>wheelup</wheelup>
  </mouse>
</videoOSD>

To do skips when the OSD is open, but I'm not sure that would work.

I've checked ..but mouse wheel doesn't work this way. A single scroll skips 25 sec in a approx 100 minutes video. If I scroll faster , it skips faster like +50sec, +75 sec, +2 min etc. I want this minimum duration of 25 seconds to be reduced to 3 or 4 seconds.
I'll try seeing what I can figure out on my Windows 10 machine.
(2016-06-29, 10:26)Ned Scott Wrote: I'll try seeing what I can figure out on my Windows 10 machine.
Thanks Ned..but I've found a solution..I wrote this code in mouse.xml file and got what I wanted.

<keymap>

<FullScreenVideo>
<mouse>
<mousemove>noop</mousemove>
<wheeldown>StepBack</wheeldown>
<wheelup>StepForward</wheelup>
</mouse>
</FullScreenVideo>

<FullscreenInfo>
<mouse>
<wheeldown>VolumeDown</wheeldown>
<wheelup>VolumeUp</wheelup>