Lightpack 2 Kickstarter - Discussion
The lightpack team have just announced there new device.

Lightpack 2 is a lighting set that brings you a whole new experience while watching movies by lightening the background of your TV and room.

Lightpack 2 has 4 HDMI inputs to connect all of your media devices to your TV. Lightpack controls a LED strip that contours to the back of your TV and can include what we call Pixels: wireless LED-based lighting modules placed on the wall around the main screen. Lightpack uses complex, patented algorithms to process the input video signal and conduct this ambient backlight orchestra. The result is a huge improvement in your overall viewing and gaming experience.

Pre-order prices start from $179 and shipping is estimated for February 2017. The major improvements seem to be:
  • Accepts any HDMI source
  • Individual addressable LED's (more zones)
  • Pixels - new addditions bulbs/lights you can add

Edit: link to kickstarter page:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/woo...-your-livi
The 4 port HDMI pass through is nice. I have a few of gen1 and am happy with them. Can't imagine watching a movie or TV show without it now.

Sent from my XT1254
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2016-06-29, 11:14)bry- Wrote: The 4 port HDMI pass through is nice. I have a few of gen1 and am happy with them. Can't imagine watching a movie or TV show without it now.

Sent from my XT1254

Yeah that's probably going to be the biggest selling point, opens it up to use with any device and work with a non technical setup. I think it could potentially hurt them that it only support 1080p though as no one knows what 4K support and adoption is going to be like by Feb 2017.
I backed at $159. I have 38 days to change my mind before getting charged.

Sent from my XT1254
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
The longer I look at the project and think about it the more likely I think I am to back the $259 one with the pixels.
Why do you think those pixels are good? I mean they look as a great distraction from the TV itself.
(2016-06-29, 14:50)Draghmar Wrote: Why do you think those pixels are good? I mean they look as a great distraction from the TV itself.

They look like the work quite well on the wall in videos but I imagine a better use might be to have them around the room where the lightpack doesn't reach to bring more illumination and immersion.

I think worst case scenario you end up using them as stand alone mood lighting for rooms. My biggest concern for them is that taking them down and charging 5-10 pixels on a regular basis could be a major pain.
(2016-06-29, 15:01)ianuk2005 Wrote:
(2016-06-29, 14:50)Draghmar Wrote: Why do you think those pixels are good? I mean they look as a great distraction from the TV itself.

They look like the work quite well on the wall in videos but I imagine a better use might be to have them around the room where the lightpack doesn't reach to bring more illumination and immersion.

I think worst case scenario you end up using them as stand alone mood lighting for rooms. My biggest concern for them is that taking them down and charging 5-10 pixels on a regular basis could be a major pain.

exactly what I had planned. I already have philips hue but figure the pixels would be a nice addition around the room.
+5 on SmartCorners
-10 on no 4k display support.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
(2016-06-29, 18:52)MrMC Wrote: -10 on no 4k display support.

+10
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I backed but will more than likely pull my support if 4k does not become a reality.

Sent from my XT1254

IMPORTANT:
It's kinda weird that there's no support for that. I mean...this device costs more then media boxes. I know that there are LEDs there too but I know how much those can cost...It's a great thing to have but unfortunately it's too expensive for me. Sad I'll follow them though to see if anything changes before campaign will end.
(2016-06-29, 22:56)Martijn Wrote:
(2016-06-29, 18:52)MrMC Wrote: -10 on no 4k display support.

+10

Yep, 4k or bust... Project looks promising, but pricy! diy project would cost a lot less.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Remember that a lot of people want otb solutions like this. No home build stuff they need to assemble or program or whatever and are certainly willing to pay for it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I have been burnt by kickstarter/indiegogo in the past. Paid $100 for zambilight, they went bust and never saw any of the money since paypal refused to help.

I do want a nice solution like this. I only need 1 HDMI since everything is connected to my receiver and there's just one output going to Tv. I ended up putting a $7 lamp behind my tv that I turn on when dark, it works well enough for now Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lightpack 2 Kickstarter - Discussion0