• 92(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
OK so I have managed to sort out NEARLY all three of my queries.Got the clock format position etc all sorted out now.I've also got the OSD to display the currently playing Movie etc,just need to work out how to grab the thumb from Radio Streams.

I too though also seem to have a lot of lag issues.Whenever the Skin is reloaded or Rebooted,each home 'section' (i.e Videos,Music,Addon's) takes at least 30 seconds to load.I am also experiencing a fair few freezes or crashes.

I will get onto debugging as soon as I can.
So,a quick question regarding KOver....

When viewtype is assigned to 'None' for a Home menu,the block 4 image has a small semi-transparent bar at the top which has the title of the Sub-Menu in it.I would like to keep this feature on my modifications but I can't seem to work out where in the KOver Designer it is coming from and once I make my own Viewtype that feature seems to unfortunatly dissapear.

Any ideas?
(2016-05-24, 16:12)pavlov70 Wrote: Hi,

Just discovered this skin last night and am really enjoying building my screens.

One question - does it support genre colors in the EPG? Currently every entry in the EPG is a black background.

Thanks!
rob

Hi, Nope, genre colors not supported.

(2016-06-29, 15:36)Wolfman Wrote: Hi,

Firstly...Kover is an absolutly brilliant skin made with style and finesse....love it!GREAT WORK.

Just discovered yesterday and am exploring the possibilities.I was intending to make a new skin from scratch but this is going to save a hell of a LOT of work and time.

Hi, Thanks for the kind words ... Smile

(2016-07-01, 13:22)Wolfman Wrote: OK so I have managed to sort out NEARLY all three of my queries.Got the clock format position etc all sorted out now.I've also got the OSD to display the currently playing Movie etc,just need to work out how to grab the thumb from Radio Streams.

I too though also seem to have a lot of lag issues.Whenever the Skin is reloaded or Rebooted,each home 'section' (i.e Videos,Music,Addon's) takes at least 30 seconds to load.I am also experiencing a fair few freezes or crashes.

I will get onto debugging as soon as I can.

Yes, lag issue is a known one :
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2208596

(2016-07-02, 21:48)Wolfman Wrote: So,a quick question regarding KOver....

When viewtype is assigned to 'None' for a Home menu,the block 4 image has a small semi-transparent bar at the top which has the title of the Sub-Menu in it.I would like to keep this feature on my modifications but I can't seem to work out where in the KOver Designer it is coming from and once I make my own Viewtype that feature seems to unfortunatly dissapear.

Any ideas?

This is hard coded for Home only. Position is fixed and content is taken from Skin Shortcuts labels. The only change you can apply is playing with colors through the Color editor.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Hey Jayz, nice to see you on the forum!
Any news regarding ReKover dev?
(2016-07-06, 13:35)djoole Wrote: Hey Jayz, nice to see you on the forum!
Any news regarding ReKover dev?
Hey djoole. Nope ... didn't find a moment to type a single line of code Sad
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Ow, a pity. Well real life matters more. I hope you get il all sorted out and come back.
Kover as it is is already a great skin.
Hi! I love this theme. Thanks so much for all the hard work. I was wondering, and I did do a couple of searches in the thread for this but ended up with nothing. - Besides the star rating for each movie/episode, is it possible to enable some more info like sound channels and video codec? This is a small request, I would just like to see it or know where to look for it to enable it. Sorry, I'm getting a bit lost in the theming and coloring and such. I did manage to set it up and make it look really nice, hehe. ^^

If it's not getting implemented at all, that's fine too, just wanted to ask. Smile

Thanks again!
Hey there, wonderful skin. Coded well, designed well, all around top notch. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. Firstly is there a way to set the default view for a certain page? I'm coming from aeon where this is possible. Example: When browsing tv shows I want it to be one view for picking the show and season then another for episodes. It seems to only remember the shows I've manually switched. Which is a huge pain. Secondly am I missing something when it comes to extended info? It fails to load the cast and similar videos on each and every show or movie. The director section seems to work though. Thanks for any input.

EDIT: Thought of one more question. Is it possible to have different menu colors for something other than the defaults? Example movies are one color photos are another. I want to make my add-ons differ in color.
Hi there,

For your first question, I don't have this issue.
I have a seasons/episodes view that is different from the movies/series and I didn't have to set it manually for each show.
I assume I set it in the beginning, don't recall.
Hello,

I'm trying to customize my menus and i stucked a little bit. I added 4 home menus for 4 playlists and selected the default Libraries viewtype for them. 2 of the menus using fanart as the background style (which is good) but 2 uses the posters (which is bad) and I can't figure it out why or how can I set them to use fanart as well.

Any advice would be appreciated. Smile

Edit:
Found the right configuration, I can see fanarts now on all 4.
Thanks anyway. Smile

What view style is this called? What preset do I need to autoinstall to get it?

How can I get it to import into my existing customization?

I really like it

Thanks!
(2016-01-08, 17:16)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 16:52)Shogun Wrote: Done.

Edit:

And a small request...is it possible to add an option for the idlefade function to be disabled if the Busyindicator is visible?
I love the autohide/idlefade for the sidebar (and the blocs), but you can't see if the next page is loaded or not until you push a button (if you use small intervalls like 5 seconds)....

Hmmm, that's something I missed Wink ... good point. I don't really use the IDLEFADE feature, it's more a requested dev and I thought the "loading" time was somehow freezing the window (at least no action is possible). Will try to catch this one, sounds not a big deal Smile

Was this ever implemented or fixed?

When the system is busy, the sidebar still auto-hides even though its not done being busy.

Then I just sit and stare at the screen like a monkey, wondering if the video im streaming failed, or if its just still working.
Actually, on second thought, is it possible to have the sidebar always visible? but have it beside vs overlayed over the content?

In other words, the width of the content is reduced and the sidebar is always visible, but doesn't display over things, but beside it.
I think KOver dev is over.

Let's hope Jayz come back for ReKOver, and surely you'll be able to do all of that on your own with this great skin :
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=271674
I cant install it from zip or from kodi repository It keeps saying failed to install dependency, any ideas how to fix it?.....

Fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling kodi
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18