Clean database
Hi,

I'm running version 1.4.7.2 x86 and wanted to get rid of old movies that I've deleted. Updating the library no longer seem to do this, although I believe it did in the past.

Anyone got any help here?
Tools => Clean Database
(2016-06-29, 00:05)DanCooper Wrote: Tools => Clean Database

Ouch! Can't believe I didn't see it...
When I use "clean database" (is also executed automatically when updating the database), Ember suddenly hangs, meaning it never finishes the cleaning, no matter how long I wait. I can only kill it via the task manager. What could be the reason and how can I fix this? I currently cannot update the database anymore :-(
(2016-07-06, 21:53)pigeldi Wrote: When I use "clean database" (is also executed automatically when updating the database), Ember suddenly hangs, meaning it never finishes the cleaning, no matter how long I wait. I can only kill it via the task manager. What could be the reason and how can I fix this? I currently cannot update the database anymore :-(

It needs very long time to do a deep clean. But you can disable "Clean Database after Update" in settings for movies and tv shows (Settings => Movies/TV Shows => Files and Sources).
(2016-07-06, 23:34)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-07-06, 21:53)pigeldi Wrote: When I use "clean database" (is also executed automatically when updating the database), Ember suddenly hangs, meaning it never finishes the cleaning, no matter how long I wait. I can only kill it via the task manager. What could be the reason and how can I fix this? I currently cannot update the database anymore :-(

It needs very long time to do a deep clean. But you can disable "Clean Database after Update" in settings for movies and tv shows (Settings => Movies/TV Shows => Files and Sources).

That was not the issue, I did not have many movies. I found out what the problem was: After restarting the computer, it needed user/password to access one of the shares. However Ember did not tell me, it just waited forever, until I accessed the share in the explorer and typed in the credentials.
Would be helpful if Ember either terminates after some time with a message or could even ask for the credentials on its own.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean database0