• 74(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0705: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux LibreELEC 4.7.0-rc6 #1 SMP Tue Jul 5 21:07:44 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160705210537-#0705-g17b17dd [Build #0705]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (17b17dd0, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (76d92ca5, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. libnfs update
  2. RTL8812AU update
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • moonlight-embedded: fix dependencies for imx6 project (PR:517, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libamcodec: make source arch-specific, not project-specific (PR:514, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • adafruit-libraries: new library addon with python libraries from adafruit (PR:509, 1 commit, 21 files changed)
    • libsndfile: update to libsndfile-1.0.27 (PR:519, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • init: Fix updating from img.gz when kernel resides on block device (PR:515, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • ffmpeg: rework (PR:477, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • kodi: Update RBP commits (PR:506, 2 commits, 6 files changed)
    • WeTek/Kernel: Fix kernel options to make use of https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9896 (#518) (5c880853)
  2. XBMC:
    • [PVR] Timers: Allow to change timer type for existing timers. (PR:10057, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Player.Process info label changes (PR:10069, 6 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [PeripheralCecAdapter] Fix: Slovak language code (slo) considered as Slovenian (slv) (PR:10066, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. libnfs:
    • Update some comment and fix typos (cdbcdfd7)
    • Add seekdir and telldir support (28e01e67)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: RTL8812AU: bump with kernel 4.7 support
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse

Noticed something regarding a FernetMenta VideoPlayer patch you include:
(VideoPlayer: continue normal playback if seek fails)
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8928

Does that mean, the patch shouldn't be included anymore? Not quite sure... If i'm completely wrong, don't bother Big Grin
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2016-07-06, 12:47)axbmcuser Wrote: @Milhouse

Noticed something regarding a FernetMenta VideoPlayer patch you include:
(VideoPlayer: continue normal playback if seek fails)
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8928

Does that mean, the patch shouldn't be included anymore? Not quite sure... If i'm completely wrong, don't bother Big Grin

That's one for @FernetMenta, it's in his tree.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse there are maybe some PR or patches of EGL Intel vaapi for krypton ? just for testing ?
All egl is already in kodi master. It will be released with Krypton.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
With latest Builds HQ Upscaling is not usable on my two Clients (see Signature). I got a lot dropped or skipped Frames. With Scaling set to Bilinear everything is fine. Think i have to update the Hardware to be ready for latest Kodi Builds.
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
(2016-07-07, 00:40)john.cord Wrote: With latest Builds HQ Upscaling is not usable on my two Clients (see Signature). I got a lot dropped or skipped Frames. With Scaling set to Bilinear everything is fine. Think i have to update the Hardware to be ready for latest Kodi Builds.

When you say "With latest builds", are you saying that HQ scaling has worked OK at some point in the recent past but now doesn't (if so, which is the first build that is "bad"?)

Or has HQ scaling never really worked on your two clients, as Lanczos (which I believe is the HQ scaler) may be much for your hardware.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0706: Generic

Code:
# uname -a
Linux LibreELEC 4.7.0-rc6 #1 SMP Wed Jul 6 22:55:58 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160706225435-#0706-g42be1ec [Build #0706]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (42be1ecd, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (261df2d7, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Fix Titan "modern_rounded" buttons issue
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • libbluray: update to 0.9.3 (PR:520, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Revert "lirc: add lircd-uinput service" (PR:511, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • CRenderManager: fix GetAspectRatio at playback start (PR:10071, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Added navigation controls for EDL (commercials) in PVR playback (PR:10064, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • [android/packaging] Sync rtmp removal (PR:10017, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. libnfs:
    • Make rpc_disconnect() a no-op if the session is already disconnected (fac3a954)
  4. inputstream.mpd:
  5. inputstream.rtmp:
  6. inputstream.smoothstream:
    • Make sure at least 1 stream is selected (ec5ca273)
    • fix linux compile error <math.h> (8dbe3ba4)
  7. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
(2016-07-07, 00:49)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-07-07, 00:40)john.cord Wrote: With latest Builds HQ Upscaling is not usable on my two Clients (see Signature). I got a lot dropped or skipped Frames. With Scaling set to Bilinear everything is fine. Think i have to update the Hardware to be ready for latest Kodi Builds.

When you say "With latest builds", are you saying that HQ scaling has worked OK at some point in the recent past but now doesn't (if so, which is the first build that is "bad"?)

Or has HQ scaling never really worked on your two clients, as Lanczos (which I believe is the HQ scaler) may be much for your hardware.

I set Kodi to use HQ Scaling above 20% and Scaling to Lanczos 3. I dont encounterd issus since the latest two or three builds but i cannot specify a build without further testing. But i read thate with this two machines Bilinear is the better and safest choice to avoid performance issues. I thought about new hardware but i think i wait for Kaby Lake to upgrade my clients.
Quote:I set Kodi to use HQ Scaling above 20% and Scaling to Lanczos 3. I dont encounterd issus since the latest two or three builds but i cannot specify a build without further testing. But i read thate with this two machines Bilinear is the better and safest choice to avoid performance issues. I thought about new hardware but i think i wait for Kaby Lake to upgrade my clients.

On Atom Z8300 (cherry Trail) eveything fine with HQ upscaler (lanczos3)
But for me help much forced in xorg.conf
Code:
Driver      "modesetting"
vu+ pvr service does not start automatically after restart. when i deactivate/activate the service it works and channels+epg is loading from pvr backend...

i'm on 3rd of july testbuild...
(2016-07-07, 22:45)QLink Wrote: vu+ pvr service does not start automatically after restart. when i deactivate/activate the service it works and channels+epg is loading from pvr backend...

i'm on 3rd of july testbuild...
No debug log (wiki), no problem.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0707: Generic

Code:
# uname -a
Linux LibreELEC 4.7.0-rc6 #1 SMP Thu Jul 7 21:10:11 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160707210601-#0707-g4cb4fca [Build #0707]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (4cb4fca3, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (706c3344, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Minors
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • Enable custom fonts to be installed in place of liberation fonts (PR:409, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • VideoPlayer: check for duplicate filenames when opening multi source … (PR:10076, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [VideoSyncD3D] CVideoSyncD3D should implement IDispResource interface… (PR:10082, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [cmake] Small improvements and fixes (PR:10078, 5 commits, 6 files changed)
    • vdpau: refcount decoder with surfaces given to ffmpeg, align with vaa… (PR:10075, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • guilib: do not kill plugin script if we are waiting for user input (PR:10080, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. pvr.stalker:
    • token cache (PR:68, 3 commits, 9 files changed)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: Bump included addon versions to prevent online updates
    • Updated: [env] patch: Enable pvr and adsp addons
There is a little addon scraper for music videos , which is required. I used it wit the artist - song.mp? file names and worked like a charm.
Anyway where do you access your music videos in Kodi 17? It doesnt appear?
Also when I put an Audio CD into my USB drive it doesnt appear anywhere (DVD physical discs work on latest nightly)
(2016-07-07, 21:32)piotrasd Wrote:
Quote:I set Kodi to use HQ Scaling above 20% and Scaling to Lanczos 3. I dont encounterd issus since the latest two or three builds but i cannot specify a build without further testing. But i read thate with this two machines Bilinear is the better and safest choice to avoid performance issues. I thought about new hardware but i think i wait for Kaby Lake to upgrade my clients.

On Atom Z8300 (cherry Trail) eveything fine with HQ upscaler (lanczos3)
But for me help much forced in xorg.conf
Code:
Driver      "modesetting"

Maybe thats the issue. I had set it to Lanczoz 3 since a long time ago and never problems. I will test this with the modesettings driver. thx
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11