Req Now Playing
This is the smoothest and he best skin I've come across.
The only thing I'm struggling is the now playing screen. Is there a setting I can change so I can get the now playing screen like in confluence? not just a box of settings?
I'm not sure what screen you are referring to. If you are referring to the player controls / osd menu, then no.
Yeah player control.
Thanks for your reply anyway.
Just use it for some time.
The very first time I used refocus I was kinda confused (almost) of how jeroen implemented it BUT after using it for some time
I quickly learned that this is probably the most elegant way of doing it.

It's just so much easier to use and you'r generally way faster with his implementation over the ones from other skins (No offense to other skin-devs).
As I said, just keep using it for some time and I promise you'll start liking it a lot :) (at least I did and already asked Jeroen to NEVER change it, so thanks jeroen for keeping your promise so far :D)
To add to that, as this question comes up from time to time, the function of the window you see when pressing the menu button, or enter button, is to provide player controls and settings. To see information about playing media press the info button. Over time, unfortunately, these two separate windows have been turned into windows that basically provide overlapping functionality. At least in Confluence they have.

In my experience and opinion the menu based approach allows you to reach the most used functions quicker than a layout similar to the one used in Confluence for example. Also, because of the text based approach no guessing as to what is what.
Makes sense.
When I goto video information, it doesn't show the media type I'm playing. Like in confluence it shows 1080p, 5.1 ch sound etc etc. Any way of getting this info?
(2016-07-08, 03:16)x007sunny Wrote: Makes sense.
When I goto video information, it doesn't show the media type I'm playing. Like in confluence it shows 1080p, 5.1 ch sound etc etc. Any way of getting this info?

It should definitely show that at the bottom in the video information screen:

If you mean during video playback it should show the video resolution:

I don't really want to overload the screens with info. Can you give me an example of a situation in which you would need to see the info during video playback?
Like when I play a video on YouTube. There is no info displayed.
(2016-07-08, 16:39)x007sunny Wrote: Like when I play a video on YouTube. There is no info displayed.

(2016-07-08, 17:03)x007sunny Wrote:
(2016-07-08, 16:39)x007sunny Wrote: Like when I play a video on YouTube. There is no info displayed.

VS confluence
Ah, I see. Basically, the skin shows a set of data based on what type of content type is being played (movies, tvshows, etc). When a non-library item (content that can't be scanned into the library) is played, it shows the path of the item and the resolution. But when we're dealing with an online source that path/url of course can be really long causing the resolution info to be pushed off screen. It's also not all that interesting to show the path in that case either.

So, to make a long story short I will filter local from online content and show different data when it's an online source. Resolution and audio info would suffice I think?
Absolutely mate. Thank you. Waiting for the update release Smile
Awesome work on the skin. Don't know why this doesn't get enough credit in here like other skins.
This is the best skin I've tried so far. And I've almost tried them all.
Decided to take a slightly different approach. The video and audio info will display for online and local content. The description area will show a plot / description when available. If not, it will show the path / url.

This is available on Git now, it will be pushed to the Kodi repo when I have some more changes lined up.

Thanks for the kind words, glad you're enjoying reFocus Smile
Thanks mate.
Any plans to adding addon shortcuts?
(2016-07-09, 14:27)x007sunny Wrote: Thanks mate.
Any plans to adding addon shortcuts?

That depends, not sure what you mean by that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Now Playing0