• 13(current)
v19 Playon Browser
Hello, first I'd like to thank you for this addon. I was hoping someone could answer a question for me. some of my streams tend to terminate early in kodi, Primarily when a commercial has been injected. Good example of this seems to be disney stuff. This issue seems to be limited to Kodi as my other players play the stream to completion. Is there a way to resolve this? I haven't found much searching around, However, I can't be the first to notice this, which leads me to wonder if maybe I am just missing something that should be obvious. Any help or ideas would be absolutely great.

Thanks again for all the hard work you have put forth, it is very much appreciated.
I have this issue as well which is why I have stopped watching things on Hulu of possible. But I would get streams ending 43 minutes in because I believe PlayOn browser was expecting 43 minute shows but with the commercials added in you end up missing the last 5-10 minutes.

I don't seem to have the problem when accessing PlayOn via the upnp direct method
Unfortunately I have this problem whether I use the Upnp directly or through the addon. Which leads me to believe maybe I am missing something.
Hmm I'll have to check again with upnp. Maybe I just didn't notice
I'm curious to know if you tried this yet? Smile
Trying to setup this plugin for the first time, and my list of streams in Playon Browser is blank. If I load m.playon.tv in my browser, I can connect to the server, select "Movies and TV", and see a list of all the streaming services. Selecting Netflix or Hulu works, and I can watch a stream.

In Kodi, I select the Playon Browser addon, then "Movies and TV", but the list of streams is blank!

I'm only trying to use the Netflix and Hulu streams, so I have disabled everything else in Playon. What am I doing wrong?
(2016-07-11, 04:44)heyou Wrote: Trying to setup this plugin for the first time, and my list of streams in Playon Browser is blank. If I load m.playon.tv in my browser, I can connect to the server, select "Movies and TV", and see a list of all the streaming services. Selecting Netflix or Hulu works, and I can watch a stream.

In Kodi, I select the Playon Browser addon, then "Movies and TV", but the list of streams is blank!

I'm only trying to use the Netflix and Hulu streams, so I have disabled everything else in Playon. What am I doing wrong?

Are you able to see the upnp server from the videos section(auto discover)? If so, make sure the port in Playon Browser is correct(the default wasn't working for me). What are you using for the ip address(names are finicky, better to use address)?
Lunatixz Repo updated:

v1.0.13
- Auto detect upnp id change.
- Enhanced Metadata & Artwork w/trakt scrobbling support (When available).
- Improved PseudoTV Live support, auto-disable "Play Direct Link", PTVL avoids using expiring tokens.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Oooo I see the library integration coming soon. What features do you have planned?
(2016-07-11, 19:43)spyder Wrote: Are you able to see the upnp server from the videos section(auto discover)? If so, make sure the port in Playon Browser is correct(the default wasn't working for me). What are you using for the ip address(names are finicky, better to use address)?

I can see the upnp server, I can view Playon streams through it inside Kodi. It's like Playon Browser just isn't retrieving the right info. The Playon server and port box in Kodi shows the exact same address I see in my web browser if I access "m.playon.tv". Both this and the upnp info was pulled automatically when I installed Playon browser. What port did you end up using?

EDIT: Found a tip in searching for an issue I was having with the youtube addon, to delete all instances of the Playon Browser plugin within he Kodi folder. I then re-install Playon Browser, performed setup, and now everything works! Not sure exactly what happened, but I'm happy. Thanks!
Sorry Lunatixz but is Metadata implemented already? Everything is working great but still am not getting any metadata.
So I implemented the update and tried to use MyLibrary to import into the Kodi library in an effort to get around expiring links. Noticed 2 things, One: I noticed that it took much much longer to process using the plugin path rather than the upnp. Two: it was unable to determine what was a movie and what was an episode/show. So basically it created all the episode STRMS in the movies folder.

Anyone using this with MyLibrary have any input. I can post my XML if it helps
(2016-07-13, 04:12)fr3qu3ncy Wrote: Sorry Lunatixz but is Metadata implemented already? Everything is working great but still am not getting any metadata.

Did you enable meta in settings? Also it will appear for most videos... but not at the folder level.
(2016-07-13, 05:30)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 04:12)fr3qu3ncy Wrote: Sorry Lunatixz but is Metadata implemented already? Everything is working great but still am not getting any metadata.

Did you enable meta in settings? Also it will appear for most videos... but not at the folder level.

Yes sir. I get the HD Posters. I saw talk about Metadata as well as the setting which is why I asked if it was implemented as I wasn't aware of it. I just tried a new install of the plugin and still no luck. Will a log help you or is there a way for me to test?
(2016-07-13, 06:05)fr3qu3ncy Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 05:30)Lunatixz Wrote:

Yes sir. I get the HD Posters. I saw talk about Metadata as well as the setting which is why I asked if it was implemented as I wasn't aware of it. I just tried a new install of the plugin and still no luck. Will a log help you or is there a way for me to test?

Log isn't needed... It should work when a Movie or TV show is detected... depending on the folder you enter.
If you enter a mixed folder or a nondescript one no meta is included.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playon Browser4