• 39(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2016-07-11, 16:48)DanCooper Wrote: Should been fixed since Alpha17: Commit
Do you use the latest Alpha?

Cool. I hadn't had a chance to upgrade. If I have a problem with the latest, I'll post again.
Hi Dan,

Just want to clarify:

1.) Theme scraper still not working. It doesn't scrape any themes for movies or Tv shows.
2.) Season scraping not working. It doesn't give me anything when I re-scrape season.

PS: I did install the new Alpha version.
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
I've used the bulk-renamer with movies successfully, but it looks like some things that might be helpful for TV shows are not available.

Is there any way to use it only on just marked shows or selected shows or a particular source? This probably could apply to movies as well.

Also, is it possible to append the absolute episode number of a show at the end? For instance, instead of ShowName.SXXEYY.EpTitle, you would have ShowName.SXXEYY.EpTitle - (ZZZ).mp4.
(2016-07-13, 07:22)ss4johnny Wrote: I've used the bulk-renamer with movies successfully, but it looks like some things that might be helpful for TV shows are not available.

Is there any way to use it only on just marked shows or selected shows or a particular source? This probably could apply to movies as well.
The Bulk Renamer is always based on current list filters. If you filter by Marked, the Bulk Renamer lists also only marked movies/tv shows. Maybe i can change that a little bit and add also Selected like in Custom Scraper.

(2016-07-13, 07:22)ss4johnny Wrote: Also, is it possible to append the absolute episode number of a show at the end? For instance, instead of ShowName.SXXEYY.EpTitle, you would have ShowName.SXXEYY.EpTitle - (ZZZ).mp4.
No, that's not possible. This value is not always known. TVDB has informations about absolue or DVD numbering and that will not be saved in database.
(2016-07-13, 07:17)JanM201 Wrote: Hi Dan,

Just want to clarify:

1.) Theme scraper still not working. It doesn't scrape any themes for movies or Tv shows.
2.) Season scraping not working. It doesn't give me anything when I re-scrape season.

PS: I did install the new Alpha version.

1) Theme scraping works for movies, but only with the Televisiontunes scraper. GoEar is a little bit crappy atm.
1) Theme scraping for tv shows is not really implemented, maybe I can fix that

2) Season scraping do only scrape season informations and images, not episode informations. It's planed to change this, but atm I work on a new scraper structure.
How do I actually scrape themes for movies? When I scrape a movie it doesn't scrape
any themes.
Also, When I re-scrape a season, it doesn't give me any images. In fact it doesn't do
anything.
Thanks
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
(2016-07-13, 12:57)JanM201 Wrote: How do I actually scrape themes for movies? When I scrape a movie it doesn't scrape
any themes.
Also, When I re-scrape a season, it doesn't give me any images. In fact it doesn't do
anything.
Thanks

I don't scrape themes ;-)

You can check if it works in Edit dialog => Theme (tab) => Scrape. Try it with a blockbuster movie like Matrix or Titanic.

Which tv show scraper do you have enabled and i which order? Also try to scrape the images manually in Edit Season dialog. The preselted image in top of the Image Select dialog is the same like Ember use while autoscraping.
(2016-07-13, 09:25)DanCooper Wrote: The Bulk Renamer is always based on current list filters. If you filter by Marked, the Bulk Renamer lists also only marked movies/tv shows. Maybe i can change that a little bit and add also Selected like in Custom Scraper.

Great.

Quote:No, that's not possible. This value is not always known. TVDB has informations about absolue or DVD numbering and that will not be saved in database.

What if you allow that information to be pulled by TVDB? Could be helpful for re-naming anime.

One other question: I noticed that Video Source is rarely ever set in any of my movies, so it really doesn't make sense to use with the bulk re-namer. How does that value get set?
(2016-07-13, 13:55)ss4johnny Wrote:
Quote:No, that's not possible. This value is not always known. TVDB has informations about absolue or DVD numbering and that will not be saved in database.

What if you allow that information to be pulled by TVDB? Could be helpful for re-naming anime.
I can add that after I've done all rework on modules functions.

(2016-07-13, 13:55)ss4johnny Wrote: One other question: I noticed that Video Source is rarely ever set in any of my movies, so it really doesn't make sense to use with the bulk re-namer. How does that value get set?
You can set it manually in Edit Movie/Episode dialog.

We have 4 ways to automatically recognize the videosource (all only while importing the media to database or if you use Reload/F5):
  • based on BMDV or VIDEO_TS folder/file structure
  • based on file extension mapping (Settings => Misc=> Media Sources Editor)
  • based on file/folder name regex mapping (Settings => Misc=> Media Sources Editor)
(2016-07-08, 09:51)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-07-08, 03:41)michaeljtaylor Wrote:
(2016-07-07, 23:18)DanCooper Wrote: What do you have set in expert settings?

here are my settings

tv show tab:
fanart field: fanart.jpg
nfo field: series.nfo
poster field: folder.jpg

season tab:
fanart field: <seasonpath>\season {2}.jpg
poster field: <seasonpath>\folder.jpg

episode tab:
nfo field: <filename>.nfo
poster field: <filename>.jpg

it seems to be the same issue Fail$tyle420 has..

NFO's are created but no fanart poster or any artwork.

I've tried it with the folder names season 0, season 00 and specials. doesn't work for any of them.

thanks

-Mike

Has been fixed: Commit
Will be available in Alpha 18.

Dan,

the changes you made in alpha 18 work for me with my season specials, thank you... just another quick question. I currently use themetabrowser but will be moving to ember.. question is does ember or can ember use existing artwork and nfo files? would like to migrate without having to rescrape and/or the least amount of issues if possible.

thanks

-Mike
(2016-07-13, 17:51)michaeljtaylor Wrote:
(2016-07-08, 09:51)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-07-08, 03:41)michaeljtaylor Wrote: here are my settings

tv show tab:
fanart field: fanart.jpg
nfo field: series.nfo
poster field: folder.jpg

season tab:
fanart field: <seasonpath>\season {2}.jpg
poster field: <seasonpath>\folder.jpg

episode tab:
nfo field: <filename>.nfo
poster field: <filename>.jpg

it seems to be the same issue Fail$tyle420 has..

NFO's are created but no fanart poster or any artwork.

I've tried it with the folder names season 0, season 00 and specials. doesn't work for any of them.

thanks

-Mike

Has been fixed: Commit

Dan,

the changes you made in alpha 18 work for me with my season specials, thank you... just another quick question. I currently use themetabrowser but will be moving to ember.. question is does ember or can ember use existing artwork and nfo files? would like to migrate without having to rescrape and/or the least amount of issues if possible.

thanks

-Mike

Ember can read NFO if they have the same nodes like Kodi/Ember use(maybe you can post a NFO on http://pastebin.com/ for me to check it).
It's also possible to add any file name for posters, fanarts ect. in expert settings. Please also post a screenshot or list of your existing image file names.
(2016-07-13, 18:13)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-07-08, 09:51)DanCooper Wrote: Has been fixed: Commit

Dan,

thanks

-Mike

Ember can read NFO if they have the same nodes like Kodi/Ember use(maybe you can post a NFO on http://pastebin.com/ for me to check it).
It's also possible to add any file name for posters, fanarts ect. in expert settings. Please also post a screenshot or list of your existing image file names.

this gives me hope, I'm pretty sure I have themetabrowser save metadata using xbmc/kodi saver as well as a saver for netgear (no longer use netgear ntv550's though) I will definitely provide the info you requested when I get home.

thanks.

-Mike
(2016-07-08, 09:51)DanCooper Wrote: Has been fixed: Commit

Dan,

thanks

-Mike

actually i had some time so I remoted into my nas and grabbed all the info you requested.

this is what a movie folder currently looks like. all movies in separate folders

example
movies\divergent (2014)
divergent (2014).mkv
divergent (2014).nfo
divergent (2014).jpg
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
divergent (2014)-fanart.jpg (redundant and will eventually delete)
divergent (2014)-poster.jpg (redundant and will eventually delete)
divergent.tag (netgear tag file, don't need and will eventually delete)

sample nfo file http://pastebin.com/eJQ2sgHJ

pretty sure I can configure ember to name all artwork to match so hopefully the nfo is good to work with ember.

thanks again for your help and great program

-Mike
(2016-07-13, 19:26)michaeljtaylor Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 17:51)michaeljtaylor Wrote: Dan,

thanks

-Mike

actually i had some time so I remoted into my nas and grabbed all the info you requested.

this is what a movie folder currently looks like. all movies in separate folders

example
movies\divergent (2014)
divergent (2014).mkv
divergent (2014).nfo
divergent (2014).jpg
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg

pretty sure I can configure ember to name all artwork to match so hopefully the nfo is good to work with ember.

-Mike

Images looks good, but you have to keep all <filename>-fanart.jpg and <filename>-poster.jpg. Default Kodi image naming for movies is always <filename>-imagetype.ext. Look at our table to find the proper ones: Link

But the NFO looks horrible Confused
There are some issues you have to fix manually:

the Top250 value has to be 0 or another integer, empty is not allowed:
Code:
<top250>0
</top250>

all "false" and "true" values have to be in lowercase, not "False" or "True":
Code:
<forced>false</forced>

Maybe there are more issues in other NFOs...

But there is an easy way to fix all NFO (in two steps or so) with TextCrawler. You can use simple regex find and replace all bad entries. Use this one:

STEP 1:

Reg Ex:
Code:
<top250>.*?</top250>

Replace:
Code:
<top250>0</top250>

STEP 2:

Find:
Code:
True

Replace:
Code:
true

STEP 3:
do the same for False

EDIT: Btw, I whould rescrape all NFO and metadata after adding your movie the Embers database. There are some informations missing. You can use the Custom Scraper to rescrape only NFO and Metadata to keep your existing images and trailers.
(2016-07-13, 20:33)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 19:26)michaeljtaylor Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 18:13)DanCooper Wrote: Ember can read NFO if they have the same nodes like Kodi/Ember use(maybe you can post a NFO on http://pastebin.com/ for me to check it).

example
movies\divergent (2014)
divergent (2014).mkv
divergent (2014).nfo
divergent (2014).jpg
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg

-Mike

Images looks good, but you have to keep all <filename>-fanart.jpg and <filename>-poster.jpg. Default Kodi image naming for movies is always <filename>-imagetype.ext. Look at our table to find the proper ones: Link

But the NFO looks horrible Confused
There are some issues you have to fix manually:

the Top250 value has to be 0 or another integer, empty is not allowed:
Code:
<top250>0
</top250>

all "false" and "true" values have to be in lowercase, not "False" or "True":
Code:
<forced>false</forced>

Maybe there are more issues in other NFOs...

But there is an easy way to fix all NFO (in two steps or so) with TextCrawler. You can use simple regex find and replace all bad entries. Use this one:

STEP 1:

Reg Ex:
Code:
<top250>.*?</top250>

Replace:
Code:
<top250>0</top250>

STEP 2:

Find:
Code:
True

Replace:
Code:
true

STEP 3:
do the same for False

EDIT: Btw, I whould rescrape all NFO and metadata after adding your movie the Embers database. There are some informations missing. You can use the Custom Scraper to rescrape only NFO and Metadata to keep your existing images and trailers.

Wow,

thank you so much for the detailed information and instructions... I too am sure there are many .NFO files that are in just as bad shape as the one I posted
I will follow your instructions and hopefully all goes well... not sure when I'll have time to do this but I will let you know how it goes when I do prepare nfo's and attempt migration to ember.. one other quick question. I know this is alpha but it seems pretty stable so far, but at this time I'm only testing this using limited test datasets for movies and tv shows. I have over 1000 movies + tv shows. do you think it would be best to wait until ember is out of alpha phase?

thanks again.. your help is greatly appreciated.

-Mike
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2