• 14(current)
v19 Playon Browser
(2016-07-13, 06:51)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 06:05)fr3qu3ncy Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 05:30)Lunatixz Wrote: Did you enable meta in settings? Also it will appear for most videos... but not at the folder level.

Yes sir. I get the HD Posters. I saw talk about Metadata as well as the setting which is why I asked if it was implemented as I wasn't aware of it. I just tried a new install of the plugin and still no luck. Will a log help you or is there a way for me to test?

Log isn't needed... It should work when a Movie or TV show is detected... depending on the folder you enter.
If you enter a mixed folder or a nondescript one no meta is included.
Mostly just testing on Hulu and Netflix content where there is Metadata through UPNP. I'll keep toying with stuff. Thanks Lunatixz.

Edit: Ok. I see it now. I guess just not receiving Metadata in the sections I would hope. Wink
Thanks again Lunatixz!
(2016-07-13, 18:40)fr3qu3ncy Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 06:51)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 06:05)fr3qu3ncy Wrote: Yes sir. I get the HD Posters. I saw talk about Metadata as well as the setting which is why I asked if it was implemented as I wasn't aware of it. I just tried a new install of the plugin and still no luck. Will a log help you or is there a way for me to test?

Log isn't needed... It should work when a Movie or TV show is detected... depending on the folder you enter.
Mostly just testing on Hulu and Netflix content where there is Metadata through UPNP. I'll keep toying with stuff. Thanks Lunatixz.

The main issue is playon server provides absolutely no usable information beyond its internal links and limited content information. This makes matching titles to metadata next to impossible.

To avoid making mismatched meta pairings, I have strict rules for what gets a meta search and what doesn't.

Movies: any video file (not folder) found in a directory that has 'Movie' in the title gets a search.
TV: any video file (not folder) found with season/episode information (ie S01E02) and its parent folder has the word 'Season' in it... get's a lookup

Hope that explains it. I tested different combos... this was the best method to avoid incorrect pairings.
Any suggestions let me know.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2016-07-13, 18:52)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 18:40)fr3qu3ncy Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 06:51)Lunatixz Wrote: Log isn't needed... It should work when a Movie or TV show is detected... depending on the folder you enter.

The main issue is playon server provides absolutely no usable information beyond its internal links and limited content information. This makes matching titles to metadata next to impossible.

To avoid making mismatched meta pairings, I have strict rules for what gets a meta search and what doesn't.

Movies: any video file (not folder) found in a directory that has 'Movie' in the title gets a search.
TV: any video file (not folder) found with season/episode information (ie S01E02) and its parent folder has the word 'Season' in it... get's a lookup

Hope that explains it. I tested different combos... this was the best method to avoid incorrect pairings.
Ahhhh ok. Explains why not receiving in sections like Netflix (New releases, recently added) and Hulu (Popular Feature Films). If I come up with a solution programmatically then I'll let you know. Sorry for not testing further as those were the sections that I wanted Metadata! Great work though!

What specifics would you need for scraping? Basically "Title (Year)"? If anything I can always create channels that grabs in that format.
(2016-07-13, 19:09)fr3qu3ncy Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 18:52)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 18:40)fr3qu3ncy Wrote: Mostly just testing on Hulu and Netflix content where there is Metadata through UPNP. I'll keep toying with stuff. Thanks Lunatixz.

Ahhhh ok. Explains why not receiving in sections like Netflix (New releases, recently added) and Hulu (Popular Feature Films). If I come up with a solution programmatically then I'll let you know. Sorry for not testing further as those were the sections that I wanted Metadata! Great work though!

What specifics would you need for scraping? Basically "Title (Year)"? If anything I can always create channels that grabs in that format.

By channels you mean PTVL? that would need to be discussed in the appropriate forum.

I'd like to keep discussion here centered around Playon plugin only.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935T
(2016-07-13, 19:36)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 19:09)fr3qu3ncy Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 18:52)Lunatixz Wrote: The main issue is playon server provides absolutely no usable information beyond its internal links and limited content information. This makes matching titles to metadata next to impossible.

By channels you mean PTVL? that would need to be discussed in the appropriate forum.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935T
No sir! Sorry! By channels I mean in PlayOn itself.
(2016-07-13, 23:44)fr3qu3ncy Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 19:36)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 19:09)fr3qu3ncy Wrote: Ahhhh ok. Explains why not receiving in sections like Netflix (New releases, recently added) and Hulu (Popular Feature Films). If I come up with a solution programmatically then I'll let you know. Sorry for not testing further as those were the sections that I wanted Metadata! Great work though!

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935T

Unfortunately playon titles don't follow a standard... Ideally movies should be Title (year)... and tv shows have season information.
(2016-07-13, 23:54)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 23:44)fr3qu3ncy Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 19:36)Lunatixz Wrote: By channels you mean PTVL? that would need to be discussed in the appropriate forum.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935T

Unfortunately playon titles don't follow a standard... Ideally movies should be Title (year)... and tv shows have season information.

Got it! Thanks! If I come up with something then I'll get with you.
Tried again to get MyLibrary to work pointing to the PlayOn browser plugin. To try to fix expiring links.

I ran into multiple issues. If any one has MyLibrary working with this add-on as a source, if you could please please post your config.xml I would really appreciate it.
I can play videos fine through the UPnP access, but videos will not play through the add-on. I have tried both the "stable" in the Kodi repo, and the latest beta from yours.

Here is the log - SPMC on Nvidia Shield using version from your repo: http://pastebin.com/ufjApzjJ

I also tried in Kodi 17 Beta - Not sure if it is supported yet, but didn't hurt to try: http://pastebin.com/CB1sThzn

I have tried various combinations of the settings, with no luck.
(2016-09-17, 20:52)sdsnyr94 Wrote: I can play videos fine through the UPnP access, but videos will not play through the add-on. I have tried both the "stable" in the Kodi repo, and the latest beta from yours.

Here is the log - SPMC on Nvidia Shield using version from your repo: http://pastebin.com/ufjApzjJ

I also tried in Kodi 17 Beta - Not sure if it is supported yet, but didn't hurt to try: http://pastebin.com/CB1sThzn

I have tried various combinations of the settings, with no luck.

Fixed my issue. I had 2 Playon servers running in my house... one for normal playback, and the other I used sparingly just to set up recordings or use in a pinch when credentials got lost on the main unit.

Stopping the 2nd server resolved my issues.
How do I proceed to avoid the expiring tokens? I've made a test, put "my list" of Netflix on favs, rebooted my machine, and when I enter, I see may TV SHOWS/MOVIES, but when I came to enter in season level on TV shows, nothing happens.

I need to configure something?
(2016-11-17, 23:03)sagrath Wrote: How do I proceed to avoid the expiring tokens? I've made a test, put "my list" of Netflix on favs, rebooted my machine, and when I enter, I see may TV SHOWS/MOVIES, but when I came to enter in season level on TV shows, nothing happens.

Please install my beta repo... Test latest build.

When stable it will be made available to the official repo.

Sent from my SM-G935T
(2016-11-17, 23:40)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-11-17, 23:03)sagrath Wrote: How do I proceed to avoid the expiring tokens? I've made a test, put "my list" of Netflix on favs, rebooted my machine, and when I enter, I see may TV SHOWS/MOVIES, but when I came to enter in season level on TV shows, nothing happens.

Please install my beta repo... Test latest build.

When stable it will be made available to the official repo.

Sent from my SM-G935T (typie typie)

Sorry to bother again

But this time I've instaled the version on your beta repo.
Now i've add "my list" from netflix to my favorites, reboot the machine, and when i've go to "my list" from the shortcut in my favorites, and try to play something, i've receive an error.
Follow the log:

http://pastebin.com/GnE8pXY1

Thanks in advance.
Up?
Playon updated to v.1.0.15
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playon Browser4