• 211(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
I'm looking to repurpose a computer I already have with a Celeron G550. Will that work for 3D and HD Audio? I don't want to upgrade this from Win 7 to Win 10 if it's a no go.

Also, my receiver does not work with 3D, would it be possible to install a 2nd video card to send the HD audio to the receiver while the Celeron provides the 3D video to the TV?

I will be using MVC Iso's with movie only from tsMuxer.
Since you already own the computer, just install the build and if it doesn't work then you look for solution.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-07-13, 20:02)movie78 Wrote: Since you already own the computer, just install the build and if it doesn't work then you look for solution.

I don't want to upgrade to windows 10 for no reason.
(2016-07-13, 21:20)brimorga Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 20:02)movie78 Wrote: Since you already own the computer, just install the build and if it doesn't work then you look for solution.

Well if 3D MVC is important to you then you have a reason.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2016-07-13, 22:02)movie78 Wrote:

LOL. Well, I do have my raspberry pi up and running with 3D MVC and can easily move that from room to room. But HD audio and 3D is important to me so your point stands!!

Why is Windows 10 so important for 3D?
(2016-07-13, 22:49)mcbo84 Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 21:20)brimorga Wrote: I don't want to upgrade to windows 10 for no reason.

Why is Windows 10 so important for 3D?

Because of the SDK that was released by Intel to support MVC ( Windows 8/8.1/10) are the operating system that support MVC
I recall with the Q5 Futeko had a better version of the device, is this still the case with the Q5 Pro or are they all the same now?

I am in the US hence why I am looking for other options...

Thanks
There are only two versions: Chinese-market and International market. You want the latter, whether Q5 or Q5 Pro, via Futeko or any etailer. If eBay, just need to confirm English version box with English firmware before buying.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-07-13, 19:50)brimorga Wrote: I'm looking to repurpose a computer I already have with a Celeron G550. Will that work for 3D and HD Audio? I don't want to upgrade this from Win 7 to Win 10 if it's a no go.

Also, my receiver does not work with 3D, would it be possible to install a 2nd video card to send the HD audio to the receiver while the Celeron provides the 3D video to the TV?

I will be using MVC Iso's with movie only from tsMuxer.

I suggest getting a HDMI splitter and a HDMI EDID feeder. Split the output on the PC, one to the TV and one to the receiver via the EDID feeder.
where can I find the 3dmvc build? The link seems to be bad.
(2016-07-22, 02:34)robl45 Wrote: where can I find the 3dmvc build? The link seems to be bad.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=266316
Apologies, I posted this on the other thread where the download to the Kodi MVC is posted, but I'm thinking thats just for people with NUC boxes so I'm reposting here.

So I tried this just now as MVC works perfect on MPC-HC, but the subtitles are flat. So it worked, but it keeps putting the videos into top and bottom mode and I have to manually put the projector into top and bottom mode. Is that the way its supposed to go? With MPC-HC and madvr, it automatically switches to stereo mode and thats that. Do I have to leave stereo mode enabled on the resolution on windows at all times for this? My playercore file also doesn't seem to be working with this, is there some change for this version? Subs were working beautifully.

I am using an I3 6100 but I didn't connect to internal graphics, I was using GTX950. I didn't download any separate file, could that be the issue?

EDIT: same thing happened playing ISO and MKV MVC

EDIT2: So I tried again just now, I set the resolution to 3d before going into Kodi and now it played correctly. However, with Madvr and MPC-hc it automatically sets 3d resolution and takes it off when not playing 3d. I might be crazy, but it looks like with 3d enabled on the resolution that the screen is a lot lighter. Do you guys just leave it in 3d resolution all the time for 3d and non 3d?

It actually stopped working and was just showing I guess 2D at the end, but I tried playing with the internal graphics as well and I think something got botched up with KODI, i'll have to try again. with the internal Intel 530 graphics it was skipping and stuff and didn't look smooth. I don't know if thats because its not set primary or because I didn't reboot when switching between the cards.
Currently using the 6/30 build as the subsequent 2 newer builds have an artwork cache problem stemming from the core test build.

Download Intel_Media_SDK_2016.msi from Intel website. You will need to register with them to gain access to the download. Once installed, check you have Intel Media SDK 2016 is 1.7 (Intel_Media_SDK_2016.0.1) info in programs folder.

Be certain your folder/file have .3D in the naming. Don't forget the period (dot).

Remember, to run the stereoscopic setup in Nvidia control panel and always enable stereoscopic. The main quirk, when 24Hz matched refresh rate is switched, Nvidia enables 3D for 2D titles, has been addressed. When Kodi starts, 3D is disabled globally (system wide) allowing 2D 24Hz titles to render correctly. When a 3D title is selected, Kodi will enable 3D globally and turn it back off when finished. When exiting Kodi, 3D will again be enabled globally. The GUI runs at 60Hz as it should, and titles run at perfect frame rate such as 23.976. Do not change any refresh rates in Windows or Nvidia control panel except as outlined in my guide.

Furthermore, add this to your advancedsettings.xml or create if you don't have one.

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<forcemodechangebeforestereo>true</forcemodechangebeforestereo>
<usedisplaycontrolhwstereo>true</usedisplaycontrolhwstereo>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I have the latest SDK from the drivers for the intel graphics. Folder says media SDK and appears to be from june 2016. Files do have the .3d and I added the advanced settings you mentioned.

I had to go into windows display settings and change the setting allow stereoscopic 3d to on otherwise Kodi was playing the files in over under format and not framepacking. Should I not have to do this? I also noticed a quirk today when I loaded up Kodi on my monitor (I test the 3d on my 3d projector in the family room) that it decided to render the whole gui in blue and red anaglyph. I had to go into the Nvidia drivers and uncheck stereoscopic output to get it back to normal. Possibly I don't have something setup up correct although it did work playing the files.

Can anyone confirm if playercorefactory is supposed to work in this version? I don't get my external player like I do with all other Kodis.

(2016-07-23, 23:16)brazen1 Wrote: Currently using the 6/30 build as the subsequent 2 newer builds have an artwork cache problem stemming from the core test build.

Download Intel_Media_SDK_2016.msi from Intel website. You will need to register with them to gain access to the download. Once installed, check you have Intel Media SDK 2016 is 1.7 (Intel_Media_SDK_2016.0.1) info in programs folder.

Be certain your folder/file have .3D in the naming. Don't forget the period (dot).

Remember, to run the stereoscopic setup in Nvidia control panel and always enable stereoscopic. The main quirk, when 24Hz matched refresh rate is switched, Nvidia enables 3D for 2D titles, has been addressed. When Kodi starts, 3D is disabled globally (system wide) allowing 2D 24Hz titles to render correctly. When a 3D title is selected, Kodi will enable 3D globally and turn it back off when finished. When exiting Kodi, 3D will again be enabled globally. The GUI runs at 60Hz as it should, and titles run at perfect frame rate such as 23.976. Do not change any refresh rates in Windows or Nvidia control panel except as outlined in my guide.

Furthermore, add this to your advancedsettings.xml or create if you don't have one.

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<forcemodechangebeforestereo>true</forcemodechangebeforestereo>
<usedisplaycontrolhwstereo>true</usedisplaycontrolhwstereo>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
  • 211(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17