• 22(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
@Martijn, just tested HD audio with Hub's Marshmallow update and Kodi nightly kodi-20160718-2cac3e3-master-armeabi-v7a.apk, with refresh rate switching off...

DD+ 5.1/7.1 = Passed properly
TrueHD 5.1/7.1 = Passed as PCM 2.0
ATMOS = Passed as PCM 2.0
DTS-HRA 5.1/7.1 = No audio
DTS-HD MA 5.1/7.1 = No audio
DTS:X = No audio

http://imgur.com/a/vxU2y
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-07-19, 22:02)tredman Wrote: Tempted to make this my fourth wetek device Smile

One quick question before buying - has anyone tested live tv in Android? Specifically 576i mpeg2 and 1080i h.264.

The wetek core has/had issues with this in Android (libreelec was good)
I never had issues with both these on the Core and Hub when using WMP provided a PVR cache was setup in advancedsettings.xml. This was more critical when using the Core.

(2016-07-20, 03:45)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-07-19, 22:02)tredman Wrote: Tempted to make this my fourth wetek device Smile

One quick question before buying - has anyone tested live tv in Android? Specifically 576i mpeg2 and 1080i h.264.

The wetek core has/had issues with this in Android (libreelec was good)
I never had issues with both these on the Core and Hub when using WMP provided a PVR cache was setup in advancedsettings.xml. This was more critical when using the Core.
Thanks wrxtasy, what size of cache do you use?
(2016-07-20, 02:08)hdmkv Wrote: @Martijn, just tested HD audio with Hub's Marshmallow update and Kodi nightly kodi-20160718-2cac3e3-master-armeabi-v7a.apk, with refresh rate switching off...

Should I panic yet? Or is this just going through initial testing on Marshmellow?
(2016-07-20, 08:00)tredman Wrote: Thanks wrxtasy, what size of cache do you use?
Jarvis only:
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache

Code:
<network>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
    <readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
  </network>

<pvr>
    <minvideocachelevel>10</minvideocachelevel>
    <minaudiocachelevel>15</minaudiocachelevel>
  </pvr>

For Android create a plain text file called advancedsettings.xml file on a usb stick. Insert what Cache Sizes you want, then plug that into the Core/Hub and use Kodi's file manager to copy (long press the middle remote button) the advancedsettings.xml file from "A" window into the Profile Directory "B" window.
Exit Kodi, and you will have to reboot or kill and restart the Kodi process for it to take effect.

Experiment with upping the minvideocachelevel and <minaudiocachelevel> cache sizes.

(2016-07-20, 08:10)HomerJau Wrote:
(2016-07-20, 02:08)hdmkv Wrote: @Martijn, just tested HD audio with Hub's Marshmallow update and Kodi nightly kodi-20160718-2cac3e3-master-armeabi-v7a.apk, with refresh rate switching off...

Should I panic yet? Or is this just going through initial testing on Marshmellow?
Yes I think you should panic, and scream like in those good horror movies !!!
Run for the Hills with the Pitchfork whilst wearing your Tinfoil hat Wink Wink

Considering Marshmallow on AML and Kodi Krypton on Android AML have more bugs than a dodgy backpackers mattress and are no where near mainstream release for WeTek devices I would not worry and just stick with what works well ie. Jarvis and Lollipop.

I'm really scratching my head why WeTek would even choose to include a very buggy Kodi Krypton on the front page of their Launcher when the WeTek (Jarvis) Mediaplayer works so much better. Makes no sense to me at all, and goes no way to making it easy for the end (Newb) user to figure out if the actual Hub is buggy or not !

(2016-07-19, 13:09)HomerJau Wrote:
(2016-07-19, 13:00)Netweaver Wrote: 1st results not 100% positive yet. Will need more effort (probably from me) to get dts playing over avr. It still sees 2 channel audio only and when I set wetek video player audio to pass through, no sound at all. Grrr. Will try later, now have to strip a complete kitchen + tile floor, screed and concrete slab

Please post info on how this gets solved. Do you have the latest firmware?
The kitchen or the DTS?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Bug or Feature... i testest yesterday some 4K HEVC Testfiles on my 32" 1080p Samsung TV (TV in my Office). No one of them plays! WetekPlayer crashed. 1080p HEVC Files works fine.
Does Kodi want to switch to UHD when it plays 4K content?
Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
R.I.P. DAD: 17.06.1952 - 21.01.2017
(2016-07-20, 08:35)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes I think you should panic, and scream like in those good horror movies !!!
Run for the Hills with the Pitchfork whilst wearing your Tinfoil hat Wink Wink
LOL.

(2016-07-20, 08:35)wrxtasy Wrote: Considering Marshmallow on AML and Kodi Krypton on Android AML have more bugs than a dodgy backpackers mattress and are no where near mainstream release for WeTek devices I would not worry and just stick with what works well ie. Jarvis and Lollipop.
+1 Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Hi there,

Just received my HUB today. I wanted to install libreelec right away (I don't like android on a media center).
Problem right now is, that I'm not able to start into libreelec at all:
If I use this image http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p...by-wrxtasy I'm not even presented with the boot menu.
If I use the original image from the second post in this thread I see the boot menu, but nothing happens when I press the power button on the RCU ...

Didn't count how often I already tried pressing the power button and how often I've created a new images on my 32gb samsung sd card (using dd) ...

Would be great if anyone could point me into a helpful direction

thanks

----------------------------

UPDATE: forget my last cry for help. I updated Android and now it works to access libreelec via the bootmenu
(2016-07-20, 17:53)kodbug Wrote: Hi there,

Just received my HUB today. I wanted to install libreelec right away (I don't like android on a media center).
Problem right now is, that I'm not able to start into libreelec at all:
If I use this image http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p...by-wrxtasy I'm not even presented with the boot menu.
If I use the original image from the second post in this thread I see the boot menu, but nothing happens when I press the power button on the RCU ...

Didn't count how often I already tried pressing the power button and how often I've created a new images on my 32gb samsung sd card (using dd) ...

Would be great if anyone could point me into a helpful direction

thanks

----------------------------

UPDATE: forget my last cry for help. I updated Android and now it works to access libreelec via the bootmenu

a couple of us are going thru this even though I already have latest android OTA update installed. Anyone else having this issue? For more details:
http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p...rxtasy&amp;
4GB ODROID N2 64GB eMMC, Asus i3 Chromebox 128GB, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Wetek Hub, AFTV
CoreELEC Nightly, LibreELEC 9.2, Kodi 20.2 
LG 65" OLED C9 and Integra DRX 3.4 w/ Dirac Live Atmos 5.1.2
so far I'm happy. Almost everything works more or less out of the box. Even my remote works without doing anything ... if I remember back with my old RPi and what I had to do to get it working the way I wanted ... ;-)

So far I've encountered two things which will require a little bit more digging:

1) A few times now I suddenly received the boot menu screen ("press power to boot from nand") when disconnecting the hdmi output of the (e.g. changing the source on my receiver from hub to something else). I still could hear the sound of the movie/live tv channel that was running but I couldn't do anything anymore. the box just wouldn't react to any input. Only way to get it back up was rebooting it

2) because of my setup (LG TV - Denon Receiver - Hub) the overlay in movies and live tv is not correct. You can see it when you enter the menu during a playback. Parts of the menu are out of the screen area. I remember with my RPi I had to directly connect it to the tv to get the edid infos and put that edid.dat in /boot. Some entry in config.txt and everything worked fine. ... That's basically because the receiver reports some bull**it.
Does anyone know if there is some way for the HUB to achieve the same?

thanks

P.S.: thanks at wrxtasy for this great work
(2016-07-20, 10:06)sunnyfunny Wrote: Does Kodi want to switch to UHD when it plays 4K content?

if you have refresh rate on, Kodi tries the best matching resolution (also bumping 1080p -> 4k for example but this will not work as the framework has to do such change that involves setting different scaling options, fb parameters, etc), if you disable that switch and use the automatic refresh rate at level 2 the change will be limited to the resolution that you have selected (changing actually only refresh rate, not also resolution)
(2016-07-20, 20:17)ChristianTroy Wrote:
(2016-07-20, 10:06)sunnyfunny Wrote: Does Kodi want to switch to UHD when it plays 4K content?

if you have refresh rate on, Kodi tries the best matching resolution (also bumping 1080p -> 4k for example but this will not work as the framework has to do such change that involves setting different scaling options, fb parameters, etc), if you disable that switch and use the automatic refresh rate at level 2 the change will be limited to the resolution that you have selected (changing actually only refresh rate, not also resolution)

Thanks for the tip. I tetest all combinations. No success.
Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
R.I.P. DAD: 17.06.1952 - 21.01.2017
The IR remote is really a pain in the ... really ...
I really hope the upcoming replacement is able to replace it completely ...

The android is not really usable without a mouse, and the mouse of the ir remote is slow as hell.
No good user experience...
I even had problems to "first start" my hub, since I haven't know the mouse is working and the google login wasn't showing where the cursor (not the mouse, the d-pad) is ...

One thing about kodi...
The "kodi" app really freezes after a few clicks every second start. (just trying to add my NFS share, wasn't successful until now)
This is kodi 17? (haven't checked and I won't today)

Is there a manual somewhere?
What means the setting for remotes right next to Bluetooth? (default: off)
Do I need root for using the network storage app? In the wetek forum there is a thread that is saying it. Where are the folders appearing, if the link is successful?
Are there any settings for the app? The thrad on wetek is saying there is, but I don't see them ...
Thread: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p...fs-and-nfs
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3