• 56(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
(2016-07-20, 03:08)wesk05 Wrote: * that is unlikely Tongue I know that there will be a (or two) stutter(s) because when I converted from R3D to AVI, by mistake I had used a 24fps timeline. The original video is actually 23.976fps.
Okay, I should have said fairly smooth Tongue ... there's a minor stutter at around the 21 and at the 31 second marks. Also, not sure if it's due to framerate switching enabled for 23.976 and 24.000 by HiMedia w/firmware v1.0.5, it takes a while longer for each of these clips to initiate playing.

A new f/w is expected tomorrow. Unsure if it's just for beta testers. It appears w/1.0.5, the issue is with the native player, which is rendering 23.976 at 24.000, and sending that out. The h/w itself can output properly at 23.976Hz, but isn't getting that from the native player app.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Good news.
it means himedia can "symply" modify its Himedia Center to output 23.976 properly (as they claims on their website).

I was afraid 'cause when i bought my xtreamer, after months & months, they had to admit it was a hw issue (not a firmware issue), so.... owners must stay with this problem on their mediaplayer.
(2016-07-20, 14:21)hdmkv Wrote: Okay, I should have said fairly smooth Tongue ... there's a minor stutter at around the 21 and at the 31 second marks. Also, not sure if it's due to framerate switching enabled for 23.976 and 24.000 by HiMedia w/firmware v1.0.5, it takes a while longer for each of these clips to initiate playing.
It is still impressive that the HiMedia can decode 2160p 10-bit YUV 4:4:4 and 12-bit YUV 4:2:2 videos. Shield can't do it even with software decoding in Kodi. So does a Haswell Core i5.
(2016-07-20, 11:22)oktober Wrote: Can anoyone explain me base differences between (or give me a good url to study):
YUV444
YUV422
YUV420
and what's the best configuration?
Thx!
If available, YCbCr 4:2:2 is considered to be the best option for most displays.
Hello wesk05,

with himedia Q10/5 pro, we do not have the choice between 8 or 10Bit with YCbCr 4:2:2, it is normal ?

thanks in advance

Olivier
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

(2016-07-20, 17:00)wesk05 Wrote: It is still impressive that the HiMedia can decode 2160p 10-bit YUV 4:4:4 and 12-bit YUV 4:2:2 videos. Shield can't do it even with software decoding in Kodi. So does a Haswell Core i5.

Just to be sure, I'll re-test later today. @pcristi PM'd me to say yuv422 and yuv444 didn't play for him. In my case, they did, or so I think... But, w/some of the clips you posted, it's possible the native player just skipped to the next file in the folder when the present one didn't play. Just need to (re)confirm each using 'Info' button.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(EDIT: Sorry about the wall of text quote, guys. I removed it. Hope you can all find it in your hearts to forgive me.)

@HDMKV!!!! Hey, it's been a while! Haven't spoken since I moved down to Atlanta in January. It's been several months but I'm getting ready to ramp up my home theater and I had a question for you. I've got a HiMedia Q5 Quad and although it's a great machine (3d mvc, hd audio formats), the forced subtitle issue is killing me. I've been following your reviews closely but I have to admit, it's a lot of info and I might be reading too much into it. I want to upgrade my Q5 Quad with a streamer that does exactly the same stuff but with forced subtitle support in iso's. Any recommendations? Your opinion here is worth its weight in gold!

-Eddy
@efernandejr,

Cmon mate have some forum manners and Edit the above post to remove the

SUPER BIG WALL OF TEXT QUOTING you have here.

User are viewing the forum on Tablets and using mobile data, and nothing shits them off more than someone quoting wall of text like you have done above. Sad

(2016-07-12, 20:23)wrxtasy Wrote: Speaking of which, I've noticed with testing Android Marshmallow on the WeTek Hub, there is now a "Deep Color" option (or similar).
I've been told there are noticeable color improvements for some displays, with this option turned on.
Deep color on Amlogic S905X seems to be limited to 4K resolutions. At least that is how it is implemented in Mini M8S II box. It didn't change the color bit depth or color space for 1080p resolutions.
Hi, i am not able to list out the difference betwen Himedia Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro box. Why two seperate box? Doest Q10 Pro has NAS support and Q5 Pro doesnt?

What is the main difference apart from internal HDD support as the price difference is huge between the two?

Also i dont like the Himedia user interface which i totally like of Zidoo 6 Pro. However good user interface doesnt give me the feature pack of Q10 Pro

Can anyone tel me the difference between the 2?
Official 1.0.6 is out but it's just a minor bugfix.

Changelog (1.0.6 bugfix):

1. LED display showing"----" fixed
2. The box die in certain time when play HDR fixed
(2016-07-27, 12:31)aelfwine Wrote: Official 1.0.6 is out but it's just a minor bugfix.

Changelog (1.0.6 bugfix):

1. LED display showing"----" fixed
2. The box die in certain time when play HDR fixed

I personally believe it fixes a lot more than that.

Firstly they have released a new version every month or 2. Why suddenly release a new one for minor changes after 2 days.

Secondly. 1.0.5 was completely broken for me. Movies would not play correctly from my nas. I had to reinstall 1.0.3 and all was fine again. I then tried 1.0.6 and all fine. Just to make sure I then installed 1.0.5 again and it was broken. Movies pausing and stuttering and generally lagging out like crazy.

I think they broke the networking side of thins and did a hot fix without making themselves look bad by detailing what they actually did.
(2016-07-27, 14:22)PJDavis1970 Wrote: I personally believe it fixes a lot more than that.

Amen for that. However I won't update anything till a firmware comes out that fixes shuttering. 1.0.5 is stable for me on my Q5 Pro right now so I don't see any reason to upgrading. And I'm too lazy to reconfigure everything again. Smile
(2016-07-27, 15:14)aelfwine Wrote:
(2016-07-27, 14:22)PJDavis1970 Wrote: I personally believe it fixes a lot more than that.

Amen for that. However I won't update anything till a firmware comes out that fixes shuttering. 1.0.5 is stable for me on my Q5 Pro right now so I don't see any reason to upgrading. And I'm too lazy to reconfigure everything again. Smile

You could just save your settings and just load them back after firmware update Smile
(2016-07-27, 16:11)PJDavis1970 Wrote: You could just save your settings and just load them back after firmware update Smile

I plan to do that with the next firmware (if it ain't broke, don't fix it). ^_^
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8