• 23(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
Really odd one....if I turn off the to and turn it back on, it looks like the hub is back at the boot screen....but it's not, it's still in kodi as I can hear the audio as I step around the menu?

I'm using the libreelec build posted on here.

No major issues aside from I have to hard reboot after every time I turn the to off!
Yes, that is know issue/bug of OpenELEC/LibreELEC with uboot/bootloader. We are working on it, so soon changes will be pushed Wink
(2016-07-20, 23:33)Stimmenhotel Wrote: The IR remote is really a pain in the ... really ...
I really hope the upcoming replacement is able to replace it completely ...

The android is not really usable without a mouse, and the mouse of the ir remote is slow as hell.
No good user experience...
I even had problems to "first start" my hub, since I haven't know the mouse is working and the google login wasn't showing where the cursor (not the mouse, the d-pad) is ...

One thing about kodi...
The "kodi" app really freezes after a few clicks every second start. (just trying to add my NFS share, wasn't successful until now)
This is kodi 17? (haven't checked and I won't today)

Is there a manual somewhere?
What means the setting for remotes right next to Bluetooth? (default: off)
Do I need root for using the network storage app? In the wetek forum there is a thread that is saying it. Where are the folders appearing, if the link is successful?
Are there any settings for the app? The thrad on wetek is saying there is, but I don't see them ...
Thread: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p...fs-and-nfs

There is Kodi v17 Beta 2 and WeTek Media Player which is actually fork of Kodi. Dunno if You are informed that amcodec is no go anymore with Kodi v17, so probably best for you is to stick with WeTek Media Player or Kodi 16.1 for now.

You don't need root to use Network storage app, and once when you mount your network location, it will be system wide accessible from any app.
I bought the wetek hub I based on what I've heard here and because my odRoid c1+ had died. It arrived today and it looks very smart.

In the back of my mind is to install wrxstasy llibreelec build but until the SD card arrives I thought I would give the android out of the box experience a go.

The userability is awful, after booting being a google account holder I wanted to log in, trying to identify where the cursor is is almost impossible. You have to activate e mouse pointer and then laboriously scroll around e screen entering log in names and passwords.

When you try and use the play store you will pull your teeth out!

I'm sure at I will get this sorted how I like it but my first impression from a non technical standpoint is this device is a mess. If I gave one of ease to my mother and said don't worry I it is just like your phone she would be raging at me down he phone.

Apologies if I upset anyone but this device on the face of my first few hours from user point of view is shocking.

Sorry rant over.
Hehe, welcome to the D-Pad Air Mouse - Hub user torture test!!!
I did rant and rave and warn everyone.
My XMas party funds - swear Jar is full of coins after cursing at that damn thing Wink

@droidelec, Cmon are WeTek going to at the very least offer the WeTek Core's RF Airmouse remote as a purchase option for the Hub. That should be a no Brainer to sort out one would think reasonably quickly ?

(2016-07-21, 00:47)droidelec Wrote: Yes, that is know issue/bug of OpenELEC/LibreELEC with uboot/bootloader. We are working on it, so soon changes will be pushed Wink
Already patched the Logo display driver in the Kernel and fixed that for LibreELEC. I will pass on the patch for Android.
Courtesy of surkovalex aka. another bloke called Alex Wink

(2016-07-20, 23:33)Stimmenhotel Wrote: Are there any settings for the app? The thrad on wetek is saying there is, but I don't see them ...
Thread: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p...fs-and-nfs

That application is integrated now and do not need any extra permission. Just make sure to configure it right, it is supposed to take in Linux's fstab parameters, so for example if you want to configure a Samba (CIFS) share

Code:
url: "//192.168.0.100/ShareName"
options: if access is guest you do not need to set anything here otherwise "username=foo,password=bar" (no spaces between the parameters)

If it is NFS (should be a NFSv3, not v4)

Code:
url: 192.168.0.100:/volume1/Portage/distfiles
options: can be empty unless you want to play with the fancy mount options of NFS, but remember to include at least these settings "port=2049,nolock,proto=tcp" to avoid issues since it is not using portmap, also remember that you might need to set squashing options on the share as the UIDs will be different from your NAS / local server)
You can speed up the mouse a bit by going to Settings -> More settings -> Input -> Mouse speed (or something like that. I'll check when I get home from work)
It's not great after that, but a bit more usable.

One question. Can you modify the home screen? I mean change shortcuts etc.

edit. And btw, kodi 17 is Alpha 2, not Beta 2
(2016-07-21, 04:28)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-07-21, 00:47)droidelec Wrote: Yes, that is know issue/bug of OpenELEC/LibreELEC with uboot/bootloader. We are working on it, so soon changes will be pushed Wink
Already patched the Logo display driver in the Kernel and fixed that for LibreELEC. I will pass on the patch for Android.
Courtesy of surkovalex aka. another bloke called Alex Wink

Excellent, at Android is OK, just was issue with LE/OE.
(2016-07-21, 07:20)Veroni Wrote: One question. Can you modify the home screen? I mean change shortcuts etc.

I am pretty proud of the launcher I created, you can do pretty much anything on it to customize it (and in future builds there are two juicy features added).

Long pressing on a "highlighted app" (the bigger in the top row) allows you to map another application. To add a shortcut you can pres MENU key from the app in the drawer (on all other devices is * but Core does not have * button so I had to think about something) to add it as favourite app, and you can use the same button to remove it.

Basically on the launcher you can try to long press OK or short press * (menu for Hub) button pretty much anywhere to discover new things Big Grin
(2016-07-21, 01:31)gredawarha Wrote: I bought the wetek hub I based on what I've heard here and because my odRoid c1+ had died. It arrived today and it looks very smart.

In the back of my mind is to install wrxstasy llibreelec build but until the SD card arrives I thought I would give the android out of the box experience a go.

The userability is awful, after booting being a google account holder I wanted to log in, trying to identify where the cursor is is almost impossible. You have to activate e mouse pointer and then laboriously scroll around e screen entering log in names and passwords.

I'm sure at I will get this sorted how I like it but my first impression from a non technical standpoint is this device is a mess. If I gave one of ease to my mother and said don't worry I it is just like your phone she would be raging at me down he phone.

Apologies if I upset anyone but this device on the face of my first few hours from user point of view is shocking.

Sorry rant over.
Just use play store on your PC browser and choose install to hub. Once you have used the mouse to register the wetek on your account it shouldn't be used again.

Any TV box which requires a mouse of any kind to function is fundamentally broken imo!
(2016-07-21, 08:16)ChristianTroy Wrote:
(2016-07-21, 07:20)Veroni Wrote: One question. Can you modify the home screen? I mean change shortcuts etc.

I am pretty proud of the launcher I created, you can do pretty much anything on it to customize it (and in future builds there are two juicy features added).

Long pressing on a "highlighted app" (the bigger in the top row) allows you to map another application. To add a shortcut you can pres MENU key from the app in the drawer (on all other devices is * but Core does not have * button so I had to think about something) to add it as favourite app, and you can use the same button to remove it.

Basically on the launcher you can try to long press OK or short press * (menu for Hub) button pretty much anywhere to discover new things Big Grin
Awesome! Thanks!
(2016-07-21, 08:17)tredman Wrote:
(2016-07-21, 01:31)gredawarha Wrote: I bought the wetek hub I based on what I've heard here and because my odRoid c1+ had died. It arrived today and it looks very smart.

Sorry rant over.
Just use play store on your PC browser and choose install to hub. Once you have used the mouse to register the wetek on your account it shouldn't be used again.

Any TV box which requires a mouse of any kind to function is fundamentally broken imo!

Thanks for the tip, I really should have thought about that myself. I was in a foul mood last night having bruised my ribs so again apologies for the rant. Taking it easy today and will have a more patient play with the hub.
I am using my mele f10 right now, since I purchased it at a cheap promo action for a future TV device.
It is much better.
Even after reading the review about the remote... I wasn't ready for this experience, thought it can't be that bar.

Thanks for the Infos about the storage app, I will take a close look later. Right now it works with the tutorial of the NFS wiki page.
The question where I will find the network storage was, where do I have to navigate?
Will it be a folder in /mnt/sdcard/?
Or in /mnt/?

Yesterday I haven't succeeded with this, even if the green dot was present in front. Or I haven't found the folder ?
But I got it working inside kodi itself.

If Kodi 17 won't work right now with Amlogic, why even include it and most importantly... Put it on the home screen?
I will definitely change the shortcut to the wetek player.

Is long clicking with the ir remote control even possible?
While entering my password for Google I tried to long click on the keyboard (d-pad selection) and it just typed many letters in the field.
Haven't tried it with mouse selection.

In the first post it says, free delivery....
I ordered inside EU, Germany to be precise, and had to pay 10€ shipping.... There is no free delivery...

One last thing,
The remote setting you can turn on or off the right next to the Bluetooth setting...
What does it do?
After a good few hard resets and the unpleasant remote (also very bad IR range with full batteries, fully charged eneloop AAA) and Android/Netflix experience i decided to return my HUB, me and even more importantly my wife couldnt live with the handling of the HUB compared with the Shield what we also have.
If you ask me i hope that Wetek in the future can give us the option to run Android TV and include a wife friendly remote, then i would really reconsider a new Wetek device.
Well, if you actually looked into any of this instead of expecting to be spoonfed, then you would have seen how easy it is to install the Android TV version of things like Netflix.

I don't mean to "blame the customer", but from your other posts you were clearly looking for a problem to exist even before you got your unit.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3