• 83(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-07-18, 22:39)Milhouse Wrote: Clearly you got lucky to begin with, and your luck won't last forever. If you need drivers that are provided by the dvb_drivers build then it's highly unlikely you'll be able to continue using these test builds.

Is it somehow possible to get those dddvb drivers into your testbuilds, or how could I compile/add it on my own ?
This #618 Builds works ok (with den ddvb drivers from stable dvbdrivers branch).
But I'd like to carry on testing newer builds.

Anything I could do ?
(2016-07-18, 18:16)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-07-18, 18:00)mule1 Wrote:
(2016-07-14, 20:04)mule1 Wrote: Here we go!

Kodi log: http://pastebin.com/q7ZufGSV
Crash log: http://pastebin.com/9sGh4JtX

@Milhouse: Any idea whats going wrong with Dolby TrueHD-Sound in cunjunction with audio passthrough since build #0626? Is it an issue with ffmpeg3.1?

I think this is probably one for @fritsch who may have an idea what is causing it.

We were able to reproduce using this sample: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/samples/h...-DWEU.m2ts

@Milhouse: Do you know if Fritsch is already aware of this issue?
(2016-07-22, 18:23)Markus_23 Wrote: Is it somehow possible to get those dddvb drivers into your testbuilds, or how could I compile/add it on my own ?
This #618 Builds works ok (with den ddvb drivers from stable dvbdrivers branch).
But I'd like to carry on testing newer builds.

Anything I could do ?

Unfortunately those additional DVB drivers are non-standard (not an official part of LibreELEC) so they're not going to be added in these builds. You'll need to contact the original author of the custom build you were using for updated drivers. I suggest you stick with the custom build that works for you and forget about these test builds of mine if you require the extra drivers.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-07-22, 18:54)mule1 Wrote:
(2016-07-18, 18:16)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-07-18, 18:00)mule1 Wrote: @Milhouse: Any idea whats going wrong with Dolby TrueHD-Sound in cunjunction with audio passthrough since build #0626? Is it an issue with ffmpeg3.1?

I think this is probably one for @fritsch who may have an idea what is causing it.

We were able to reproduce using this sample: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/samples/h...-DWEU.m2ts

@Milhouse: Do you know if Fritsch is already aware of this issue?

I believe he's aware, but if he's not posted anything then it probably means he has nothing to contribute at this point in time (he's a busy guy).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse - yes this fixes it.
So am I stuck now or is there nothing we can do?

Thanks,
Neil

(2016-07-22, 16:53)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-07-22, 16:35)bazzz3 Wrote:
(2016-07-22, 12:50)Milhouse Wrote: What GPU does the D80 use - I did a quick Google for "zotac zbox d80" but came up empty, are you sure that's the model number? Please provide a full debug log and dmesg.

I'm wondering is it this Zotac he's talking about,with a
NVIDIA GeForce GT520M Zotac ID80 ?
Could be, in which case the updated nvidia driver would be the obvious candidate for breaking standby (in which case there's probably not much we can do).

@xxxnelly if your Zotac box is using an nvidia GPU, try build #0709x - this is the same as #0709 but uses the older 340.96 driver in place of 367.27. This should help confirm the standby issue is being caused by the latest nvidia drivers.
(2016-07-22, 20:23)xxxnelly Wrote: @Milhouse - yes this fixes it.

Thanks,
Neil

Since it's a bug in the latest nvidia driver the only thing we (you) can do is use the older (and working) legacy driver, 340.96.

Fortunately you can switch over to the 340.96 driver by using a custom udev rule.

Upgrade to the latest build, ie. #0721.

Then create the file named "/storage/.config/udev.rules.d/96-nvidia.rules" with the following content (as a single line):

Code:
ACTION=="add|change", SUBSYSTEM=="pci", ATTR{class}=="0x030000", ATTRS{vendor}=="0x10de", ENV{xorg_driver}="nvidia", TAG+="systemd", ENV{SYSTEMD_WANTS}+="[email protected]"

Save the file, then reboot.

Once the system has rebooted, confirm which driver is being used - it should now be 340.96:

Code:
LibreELEC:~ # grep "X Driver" /var/log/Xorg.0.log
[323711.623] (II) NVIDIA dlloader X Driver  340.96  Sun Nov  8 21:46:28 PST 2015

If you see 367.35 then you've mistyped the rule.

Assuming the old 340.96 driver has loaded, test if standby is working.

With the above custom udev rule you'll be able to continue testing the latest test builds but you'll always be using the 340.96 nvidia-legacy driver (it just so happens your GT 520M GPU is supported by both the legacy and non-legacy drivers).

If you ever want to go back to the non-legacy driver (for instance to test if a new version fixes your standby issue) then delete the file "/storage/.config/udev.rules.d/96-nvidia.rules" and reboot.

Chances are you won't see much if any picture quality difference using the older driver.
Perfect - all working.

(2016-07-22, 20:58)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-07-22, 20:23)xxxnelly Wrote: @Milhouse - yes this fixes it.

Thanks,
Neil

Since it's a bug in the latest nvidia driver the only thing we (you) can do is use the older (and working) legacy driver, 340.96.

Fortunately you can switch over to the 340.96 driver by using a custom udev rule.

Upgrade to the latest build, ie. #0721.

Then create the file named "/storage/.config/udev.rules.d/96-nvidia.rules" with the following content:

Code:
ACTION!="add|change", GOTO="end_video"
SUBSYSTEM=="pci", ATTR{class}=="0x030000", ATTRS{vendor}=="0x10de", GOTO="subsystem_pci"
ENV{xorg_driver}="nvidia", TAG+="systemd", ENV{SYSTEMD_WANTS}+="[email protected]"

LABEL="end_video"

Save the file, then reboot.

Once the system has rebooted, confirm which driver is being used - it should now be 340.96:

Code:
LibreELEC:~ # grep "X Driver" /var/log/Xorg.0.log
[323711.623] (II) NVIDIA dlloader X Driver  340.96  Sun Nov  8 21:46:28 PST 2015

If you see 367.35 then you've mistyped the rule.

Assuming the old 340.96 driver has loaded, test if standby is working.

With the above custom udev rule you'll be able to continue testing the latest test builds but you'll always be using the 340.96 nvidia-legacy driver (it just so happens your GT 520M GPU is supported by both the legacy and non-legacy drivers).

If you ever want to go back to the non-legacy driver (for instance to test if a new version fixes your standby issue) then delete the file "/storage/.config/udev.rules.d/96-nvidia.rules" and reboot.

Chances are you won't see much if any picture quality difference using the older driver.
Will try that nvidia 610 has the same problem. Motherboard is zotac d2550.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0722: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.7.0-rc7 #1 SMP Fri Jul 22 21:09:29 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160722210608-#0722-gb74e416 [Build #0722]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (b74e4164, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (6638834a, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes FernetMenta "VideoPlayer" patches
  • Includes latest kodi-platform master (c8188d82)
  • Includes latest libcec master (6d68d212)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (fac3a954, ahead +34)
  • Includes latest p8-platform master (041a8c6c, ahead +1)
  • Includes latest addons: inputstream.mpd (2316b712, +22), inputstream.rtmp (7bf2298e), inputstream.smoothstream (99e77711, +4), peripheral.joystick (6090a90e, +1), pvr.argustv (e536f32e), pvr.demo (01c68c88), pvr.dvblink (20e1ccb4, +2), pvr.dvbviewer (7a7ead36, +1), pvr.filmon (efd379b8), pvr.hdhomerun (a71e816d), pvr.hts (66dcb89f, +2), pvr.iptvsimple (21e91a5f, +1), pvr.mediaportal.tvserver (72452b9d, +2), pvr.mythtv (a9ea5816, +6), pvr.nextpvr (32b3c2ff, +2), pvr.njoy (b5d65655), pvr.pctv (12d8baf1), pvr.stalker (b6cb9b87, +9), pvr.vbox (f38f82f0, +2), pvr.vdr.vnsi (8515b4bf, +6), pvr.vuplus (4f2ad621, +2), pvr.wmc (979c37db, +2)
  • Includes commits from xbmc/master, ahead +2 (FernetMenta)
  • Include [env] e7cbe9cb: xf86-video-intel: Explicitely disable TearFree and TripleBuffer
  • Include [env] ed774729: Intel: Implement Passthrough-Range
  • Include [env] 98c65e6a: Kodi: Use Limited Range by default
  • Include [env] patch: Add kodi binary addons (pvr, adsp, other)
  • Include [env] patch: Don't build ADSP addons
  • Include [env] patch: Bump included addon versions to prevent online updates
  • Include [env] patch: Install libbrcmEGL/libbrcmGLESv2 shared libraries, with sym links for backward compatability
  • Include [env] patch: HACK: Disable multiple PVR addons during migration. Always enable inputstream.*, os.* and peripheral.*
  • Include [env] patch: Add experimental splash video for RPi
  • Include [env] patch: ffmpeg: bump 3.1.1
  • Include [env] PR:481: linux: Update to 4.7 (WIP)
  • Include [env] PR:526: Cpu temperature readings for devices with aml_thermal interface
  • Include [env] PR:535: init: Add upgrade check to avoid incompatible upgrades [RFC,WIP]
  • Include [env] PR:555: Package updates
  • Revert [env] 46b9b7b3: rtmpdump (Reason: use newclock5 bump)
  • Include [pkg] 441217d8: logging: Add microsecond timer to log messages (kodi)
  • Include [pkg] patch: drm/i915: Extend Fake HDMI live status to Valley View (linux)
  • Include [pkg] patch: [skin.estuary] Hide watched items on home (kodi-theme-Estuary)
  • Include [pkg] PR:8645: [video] Add season/TV show artwork to episodes/seasons even if they have their own fanart.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8824: videodb: fix smart playlists not honoring "Show empty TV shows" setting.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8922: [guiinfo] extend ranges for listitem properties
  • Include [pkg] PR:9803: [PeripheralCecAdapter] fix playback stopping on screensaver deactivated
  • Include [pkg] PR:10141: set tvshow thumb on *all seasons node
Build Highlights:
  1. inputstream.mpd updated
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • connman: bump to 1.33 (PR:548, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • eventlircd: Add support for Amazon Fire TV Stick Bluetooth remote (PR:556, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • Fix win32 installer and add DLL to gitignore (PR:10152, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • GLX: fix vsync for glXSwapIntervalMESA after f0c02bd1adb8be38d8a5ae56… (PR:10150, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [estuary] Show fallback behind thumb in addoninfo preview list (PR:10146, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Remove pointless check in python setUniqueIDs (and fix description) (PR:10148, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • CColorManager::Create3dLut: fix return-type (PR:10154, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  3. inputstream.mpd:
    • initialization of defaultkeyid (2316b712)
TrueHD is broken, yes - but it has no priority right now. If you don't want it forgotten, open a trac.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-07-22, 22:14)illiac4 Wrote: Will try that nvidia 610 has the same problem. Motherboard is zotac d2550.

Hopefully it works for you too. Sorry this wasn't suggested earlier as you also identified the change between #0522 and #0523b.

Unfortunately it's probably the best solution while the latest nvidia drivers have this problem. We could drop the GT520M (and possibly, GT610) from the current rules and always force them to use the legacy driver but then anyone that doesn't care about standby will demand to use the latest driver (regardless of any benefits in terms of picture quality) so for now this is likely to remain a custom solution for those that need it.
(2016-07-22, 23:04)fritsch Wrote: TrueHD is broken, yes - but it has no priority right now. If you don't want it forgotten, open a trac.
Thanks for you feedback. Will open a trac.
@xxxnelly & @illiac4: A simplified udev rule that should achieve the same effect (ie. forcing the legacy nvidia driver) is:

in /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/96-nvidia.rules:
Code:
ACTION=="add|change", SUBSYSTEM=="pci", ATTR{class}=="0x030000", ATTRS{vendor}=="0x10de", ENV{xorg_driver}="nvidia", TAG+="systemd", ENV{SYSTEMD_WANTS}+="[email protected]"
Enter it as one single line, replacing all of what you had before.
(2016-07-23, 00:19)Milhouse Wrote: @xxxnelly & @illiac4: A simplified udev rule that should achieve the same effect (ie. forcing the legacy nvidia driver) is:

in /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/96-nvidia.rules:
Code:
Enter it as one single line, replacing all of what you had before.

TNX tested and it works. Will observe if future nvidia driver release will fix this.
Ive followed all the steps and it was looking well but i cannot use Amazon VOD with it Sad

It loads, screen goes black and after some seconds it shows me Kodi 17 Screen again and restarts.

Any suggestions what could be gone wrong? Im runing it on an Intel NUC
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11