• 4(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
Hmm, cant find anything lying about starting to wonder if I should remove existing addon.db from Userdata/Database folder and then let LibreELEC Kodi rebuild the addon.db cleanly
(but then will have fun of re-enabling all my addons etc)
Was using other TV Guide derivatives before TV Guide Fullscreen on the Rpi2, oh well strange....
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2016-07-20, 00:15)MikeKL Wrote: Hmm, cant find anything lying about starting to wonder if I should remove existing addon.db from Userdata/Database folder and then let LibreELEC Kodi rebuild the addon.db cleanly
(but then will have fun of re-enabling all my addons etc)
Was using other TV Guide derivatives before TV Guide Fullscreen on the Rpi2, oh well strange....

You could always trying renaming the .kodi directory or addons.db and restarting to check if it is Krypton or your setup.
Then you can get back to how it was after you test it.
Primeval, just to let you know I was about five nightly Milhouse Krypton builds behind latest for the rpi2, updated to latest tonight and tried to access your repo to view available addons and it's working fine now Blush

So now I am using latest version of TV Guide Fullscreen, updated automatically from your repo. Cool
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
version 0.0.48
* osd fix - osd menu is back with normal ability to change channels with arrow keys

@MikeKL I'm glad it is fixed. I think I'll stay away from Krypton until it gets more stable. I have enough bugs of my own to find. Wink
(2016-07-18, 22:07)MikeKL Wrote: I also remembered that you can change extension from channels.m3u to channels.strm and again Kodi at base level recognizes list of channels within the .strm file when browsing and opening directly without any modification. Cool

So I then quickly tried to use channels.strm option in TV Guide Fullscreen to assign to a channel in guide but currently it just adds whole playlist and then plays first channel contained within playlist. (Currently no option to browse through playlist and select specific channel from it)

Perhaps this could be added within existing Channel, Setup Stream, ".strm file" option within TV Guide addon? Blush

version 0.0.49

The ".strm file" page now supports sub-streams as long as they follow the m3u format. You should be able to pick a stream from a m3u, m3u8 or strm file.

@MikeKL I would appreciate it if you check whether this works ok with your pvr backend.
(2016-07-21, 22:16)primaeval Wrote: version 0.0.49

The ".strm file" page now supports sub-streams as long as they follow the m3u format. You should be able to pick a stream from a m3u, m3u8 or strm file.

@MikeKL I would appreciate it if you check whether this works ok with your pvr backend.
No problem, looking forward to testing, away with work tonight, wont be able to try till tomorrow eve. Cool
(2016-07-21, 22:16)primaeval Wrote: @MikeKL I would appreciate it if you check whether this works ok with your pvr backend.
Using all channels m3u list provided by accessing my tvheadend service at http://TVHEADENDSERVER:9981/playlist/channels and then renaming the downloaded files channels.m3u and channels.strm

I tested both files for access and individual channel selection within the list of channels via the Setup Stream and .strm option.
  • I could search through channel list and select channel and save easily.
  • tvheadened channel streams once setup played fine via the TV Guide Fullscreen.

Really great CoolCool

A noted a couple of issues when using TV Guide Fullscreen to setup streams from within addons and .strm generally. (because I was deliberately testing setup with numerous channels)
  • When setting up multiple channels to streams you can loose track of channel name you intend to add a stream url too; once you searching through an addon or .strm as there is no reminder reference of channel you selected in initial TV guide window.
  • The old Choose Stream option is redundant now we have new option Setup Stream? (Still visible)

General for information observation in (Nightly Krypton, with my specific video settings?) with Video overlay of the tvheadend HD streams on top and behind TV Guide.
Best way I can describe it is I would start tvheadend HD channel, and screen would go black, but I would know stream had started correctly, as I could hear audio.
Using back option (to get to tv guide) video would then appear correctly behind TV Guide Fullscreen and then using tab key I would then see video/audio fine for normal viewing.
Issue appears to occur exclusively with my tvheadend HD channels (not SD) and I currently believe it relates to latest video playback and the available user settings in Krypton for best picture quality etc.

Thanks for all your hard work and reacting so quickly to my request for search through an m3u list to add channels primaeval WinkCool
(2016-07-22, 20:01)MikeKL Wrote:
(2016-07-21, 22:16)primaeval Wrote: @MikeKL I would appreciate it if you check whether this works ok with your pvr backend.
Using all channels m3u list provided by accessing my tvheadend service at http://TVHEADENDSERVER:9981/playlist/channels and then renaming the downloaded files channels.m3u and channels.strm

I tested both files for access and individual channel selection within the list of channels via the Setup Stream and .strm option.
  • I could search through channel list and select channel and save easily.
  • tvheadened channel streams once setup played fine via the TV Guide Fullscreen.

Really great CoolCool

A noted a couple of issues when using TV Guide Fullscreen to setup streams from within addons and .strm generally. (because I was deliberately testing setup with numerous channels)
  • When setting up multiple channels to streams you can loose track of channel name you intend to add a stream url too; once you searching through an addon or .strm as there is no reminder reference of channel you selected in initial TV guide window.
  • The old Choose Stream option is redundant now we have new option Setup Stream? (Still visible)

General for information observation in (Nightly Krypton, with my specific video settings?) with Video overlay of the tvheadend HD streams on top and behind TV Guide.
Best way I can describe it is I would start tvheadend HD channel, and screen would go black, but I would know stream had started correctly, as I could hear audio.
Using back option (to get to tv guide) video would then appear correctly behind TV Guide Fullscreen and then using tab key I would then see video/audio fine for normal viewing.
Issue appears to occur exclusively with my tvheadend HD channels (not SD) and I currently believe it relates to latest video playback and the available user settings in Krypton for best picture quality etc.

Thanks for all your hard work and reacting so quickly to my request for search through an m3u list to add channels primaeval WinkCool

I hoped I had fixed that background playback issue. It looks like I haven't. Does it happen in both skins: Default and pip?

There is a black overlay that gets triggered when starting playback but should vanish when the video is available. Streams can be played in several different ways and plugins can do their own thing too. It gets pretty confusing.

I'll add some info about the current stream when selecting a new one.

I am not sure how to arrange the Remove Stream, Choose Stream and Stream Setup buttons. I am open to suggestions.
@MikeKL Try deleting the main Thumbnails folder and Textures13.db on the rpi2.
One of the earlier textures that blacked out the main window used to have transparency and didn't trigger a visibility flag properly. You might still have that version in your Thumbnails folder. Kodi doesn't always update textures when they change.
(2016-07-24, 09:44)primaeval Wrote: @MikeKL Try deleting the main Thumbnails folder and Textures13.db on the rpi2.
One of the earlier textures that blacked out the main window used to have transparency and didn't trigger a visibility flag properly. You might still have that version in your Thumbnails folder. Kodi doesn't always update textures when they change.
I have milhouse texturecache installed on my rpi and could run that with a specific command to remove specific item(s) from db and cache?
What item needs removing and then I assume it will be automatically reloaded where needed when using the addon? (Saves me deleting all thumbnails and Textures13.db)
(2016-07-24, 10:13)MikeKL Wrote:
(2016-07-24, 09:44)primaeval Wrote: @MikeKL Try deleting the main Thumbnails folder and Textures13.db on the rpi2.
I have milhouse texturecache installed on my rpi and could run that with a specific command to remove specific item(s) from db and cache?
What item needs removing and then I assume it will be automatically reloaded where needed when using the addon? (Saves me deleting all thumbnails and Textures13.db)

I am not sure exactly. Try the ones with black or grey in the name or the ones that look black or grey. You could temporarily rename Thumbnails and Textures13.db and restart to test.

Next time I will rename textures that I modify after being released.
OK I renamed both files then tried addon again and I still occasionally see blacked out screen, when going into guide and selecting a HD channel to play.
(After TV Guide EPG Updates?)

This seems most repeatable with the Live tvheadend provide HD streams after playing a stream HD or SD from one of the addons.
(But I am noticing more that its not occurring every-time and it is difficult to find a clear common repeatable failure pattern?)

Don't forget that I am using Krypton and (popcornmix suggested) video settings which optimize video playback which black out screen for a couple of seconds before playback of video at optimum settings.
(Going back to guide "video playing behind guide" and then using tab to go Fullscreen, always resolves issue)

Not sure if this information is any help Blush

By the way (for general info) when we are within TV guide and watching a channel in watch mode I realize (knew this before, with original addon) that we are not actually fully in normal video watch mode and we cannot for example use "ok" key in kodi GUI interface to change audio stream for example. If however we hit the "tab" key on keyboard, this does seem to switch to standard video mode allowing us to use OK key to access playback options to change audio stream etc. Using back key drops back into TV Guide, using back key again stops playback and drops us out of addon.
(2016-07-24, 17:27)MikeKL Wrote: OK I renamed both files then tried addon again and I still occasionally see blacked out screen, when going into guide and selecting a HD channel to play.
(After TV Guide EPG Updates?)

This seems most repeatable with the Live tvheadend provide HD streams after playing a stream HD or SD from one of the addons.
(But I am noticing more that its not occurring every-time and it is difficult to find a clear common repeatable failure pattern?)

Don't forget that I am using Krypton and (popcornmix suggested) video settings which optimize video playback which black out screen for a couple of seconds before playback of video at optimum settings.
(Going back to guide "video playing behind guide" and then using tab to go Fullscreen, always resolves issue)

Not sure if this information is any help Blush

By the way (for general info) when we are within TV guide and watching a channel in watch mode I realize (knew this before, with original addon) that we are not actually fully in normal video watch mode and we cannot for example use "ok" key in kodi GUI interface to change audio stream for example. If however we hit the "tab" key on keyboard, this does seem to switch to standard video mode allowing us to use OK key to access playback options to change audio stream etc. Using back key drops back into TV Guide, using back key again stops playback and drops us out of addon.

It confused me too about the fullscreen mode for a while. TV Guide effectively overrides the normal osd with its own, unless a stream uses a plugin that overrides that.

If you want to try and track down the bug you can experiment with the file script-tvguide-main.xml in each skin.
The videowindow is the video window. Wink The other image blacks out the epg when starting playback.
If you change the texture to nothing or background-cover.png you should be able to see what is going on.
The video window is at the top of the file in the Default skin and the bottom in the pip skin.

Code:
<control type="videowindow">
            <description>video window</description>
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>1280</width>
            <height>720</height>
            <animation type="Conditional" condition="!Control.IsVisible(5000)">
                <effect type="zoom" end="25" center="0,720" time="500" />
            </animation>
            <visible>true</visible>
        </control>
Code:
<control type="image">
                    <description>loading background</description>
                    <posx>-340</posx>
                    <posy>-310</posy>
                    <width>1280</width>
                    <height>720</height>
                    <texture>black.png</texture>
                </control>

The loading screen which blanks out the video gets turned on and off in the file gui.py in the function onRedrawEPG. Its name is C_MAIN_LOADING and its id is 4200.

I hope this helps as I can't see the problem with my devices any more. I run Jarvis on Android and Windows and occasionally rpi OpenElec.
Just a report, no logs yet. I just installed a couple of hours ago. on kodi 17 on Windows10.

While watching a stream the stream broke, bounced back to the guide, when I tried to restart the stream got an error from the app and then the guide stopped then Kodi "stopped responding".

I was just playing so no log.
(2016-07-25, 17:28)donbrew Wrote: Just a report, no logs yet. I just installed a couple of hours ago. on kodi 17 on Windows10.

While watching a stream the stream broke, bounced back to the guide, when I tried to restart the stream got an error from the app and then the guide stopped then Kodi "stopped responding".

I was just playing so no log.

Can you give me a clue? Which plugin and stream?

In my defence Kodi 17 still has lots of problems and Windows10 is the spawn of the devil. Wink
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8