• 28(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
(2016-07-25, 20:24)Sando Wrote:
(2016-07-25, 17:52)ChristianTroy Wrote: The mentioned OTA update is online

Awesome! Gonna check how Spotify and Netflix (Android tv) work.

Works great!

(2016-07-25, 21:12)Halloway Wrote: I've tried installing the Netflix Android TV app from here: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netflix-inc...ndroid-tv/

But when I run it I get an error message: "This version of Netflix app is not compatible with your device (-13)."

Is this the right app or is there something else I should be doing besides?

This one is modified for use with Android (not tv) systems:

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p...android/p1
(2016-07-25, 21:51)Sando Wrote:
(2016-07-25, 20:24)Sando Wrote:
(2016-07-25, 17:52)ChristianTroy Wrote: The mentioned OTA update is online

Awesome! Gonna check how Spotify and Netflix (Android tv) work.

Works great!

Can second that! just make sure that the framerate matching app doesnt have netflix selected as blue. that solved my very minuscule issue after the update.

(2016-07-25, 21:51)Sando Wrote:
(2016-07-25, 21:12)Halloway Wrote: I've tried installing the Netflix Android TV app from here: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netflix-inc...ndroid-tv/

But when I run it I get an error message: "This version of Netflix app is not compatible with your device (-13)."

Is this the right app or is there something else I should be doing besides?

This one is modified for use with Android (not tv) systems:

[/quote]

I should have 3.1.1 updated and modified if you want the latest android tv app that fixes the whitelist/blacklist check that the app normally does. I'm contacting JJ-Kwik to get him the file link to update that page.

see below for link to 3.1.1
https://mega.nz/#!58IjBDST!T1_V01g9RU1_X..._THmk2yxdA
Working well mattk926 this v3.1.1 (April 28, 2016) with the Hub and the new v1.02 WeTek OS update.
Thx. Smile

I've posted install instructions and any minor issues I had over on the Core's leanback Apps sub-forum:
http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p...ment_37234

First of all, thanks everyone from this thread, and this forum, you're doing an impressive job !

I have a few questions, I am not to get all the points Smile

I am currently using a RPi 2 + Kodi as media center. Great value for the price, but now I am facing a lot of H265/HEVC files and the RPi 2 just can't decode them. It's stuttering, you know the thing.

So I was looking for a new "Kodi Box" for this feature : playing H265 movie with Kodi.

Wetek Hub seems to be a really good option, so I ordered it Smile

Now my questions before the box finally arrives :
- Storage : there's en embedded emmc storage with android. But I can also buy a microSD for having dual boot to another system, right ? 8gb is enough for just Kodi ?
- Alternative OS : If I just want Kodi, LibreElec seems to be really cool, is there an official realease or not yet ? Is there a guide on how to install it ? (if yes, you should pin it in front page, or just the link to the post Smile)
- Kodi : We agree, that even the android version, it's a full kodi version, I can add plugin, etc ?
- Remote : I used to navigate with my TV remote (probably through CEC) or kodi remote app iOS, will it still work ?

Thanks for those who have an idea, I'll be glad to help once I finally got the box Smile
Storage) I would get the biggest SD card you can afford if you have a large Kodi library, the price difference between 16/32/64GB should not be much.

I only recommend Samsung EVO(+) or Sandisk Class 10 UHS1 microSDHC cards. Kingston and lessor brands have been known to cause issues on AML devices.

Alternative OS) there will be an Official LibreELEC release for LE 8.0.x and Kodi Krypton 17.x The Hub, along with the ODROID C2 missed the LE 7.0.x "Freeze" date for inclusion in the official LE Code sources. My LE 7.0.2 is already up on the WeTek Hub forums and working well. BT support is still a WIP as is HDMI-CEC control. Yes I will add it to Post #1. Installation is the same as flashing SD cards for RPi's.

Kodi) Use the WeTek Media Player. Its a fixed/modded version of Kodi Jarvis 16.1 for the Core + Hub. You can add Add-Ons just like any other version.

Remote) You can use the Hub's IR remote in Kodi, it has none of the D-Pad mouse navigation problems like you seen using regular Android Apps. Yes CEC works in Android and Kodi along with Kodi iOS Remote app.

Well, you're awesome guys !

If you're interested I can give you some feedbacks, comparison with RPi 2 once I'll get the box.

It won't be as technical as some others people here, but I think it can still help people to decice wether it worth it or not Wink
I don't mind the lack of air mouse, as I mentioned before, but there is something up with the IR emitter in the remote. At least mine. It's very "touchy" if pointed up at all. I'll have to take it apart and see if the emitter got pushed back or something
(2016-07-26, 09:56)Ned Scott Wrote: I don't mind the lack of air mouse, as I mentioned before, but there is something up with the IR emitter in the remote. At least mine. It's very "touchy" if pointed up at all. I'll have to take it apart and see if the emitter got pushed back or something

Is your IR range also suffering?
The range is fine. It's almost as if the emitter is blocked on one side internally, making it so that the remote has to be pointed just right. Using a different IR remote it performs very well, so the internal receiver on the Hub is fine.

There are a lot of factors that could be causing something like this. It could even be a light bulb in my room that is causing an issue (as weird as that sounds, it has happened before). Thankfully, the IR receiver is fine, which is what I was worried about. This means other remotes can be used. The included remote is kind of like the keyboard/mouse that used to come with cheap PCs.. it's alright, but a lot of people ended up getting something else ;)

That being said, I'm still going to investigate. I have a feeling that this can be corrected easily. Maybe bending the LED a little bit, or something like that.
As a little OT about weird IR remotes behaviors: when I bought Dune Prime 3.0 a few years ago I had problem with device registering to many button pressings. For example if I wanted to move volume up for one digit I could end up several dozens more. Support didn't know what to do - it worked in their environment. And what was the problem? There is a plastic filter on the device that should remove almost all visible light and pass only IR. But it seems that it wasn't good enough. I ended up attaching piece of old 3.5" fdd foil into it as a additional filter. Worked like a charm. Smile
So I got the Hub a few days ago and I gotta say it's a great device for it's price.

I was still rocking a 5y old ac ryan so this is a really big upgrade for me. The device works very fluid (especially in Kodi), the main UI is great very clean.

Only downside is the pretty shitty remote. It's fine for kodi but for other apps you are gonna want a other remote.

Guys can U explain how I put the netflix .apk file on my Hub? it's my first time with a media player with android system so I have no clue how to hook it up or acces it or something.. thanks!

(2016-07-26, 10:46)Ned Scott Wrote: The range is fine. It's almost as if the emitter is blocked on one side internally, making it so that the remote has to be pointed just right. Using a different IR remote it performs very well, so the internal receiver on the Hub is fine.

There are a lot of factors that could be causing something like this. It could even be a light bulb in my room that is causing an issue (as weird as that sounds, it has happened before). Thankfully, the IR receiver is fine, which is what I was worried about. This means other remotes can be used. The included remote is kind of like the keyboard/mouse that used to come with cheap PCs.. it's alright, but a lot of people ended up getting something else Wink

That being said, I'm still going to investigate. I have a feeling that this can be corrected easily. Maybe bending the LED a little bit, or something like that.

I have the same issue with the remote. If I don't point it very much directly at the Hub it won't register any buttons used. Kind of annoying.
(2016-07-26, 18:29)robboman93 Wrote: Guys can U explain how I put the netflix .apk file on my Hub? it's my first time with a media player with android system so I have no clue how to hook it up or acces it or something.. thanks!

There are undoubtedly more sophisticated methods but I just put it on a USB pen drive, plug it into the Hub and use one of the file managers to install the APK.

*Edit*

You can also ftp into the device.
Thumbs Up 
(2016-07-26, 18:39)Halloway Wrote:
(2016-07-26, 18:29)robboman93 Wrote: Guys can U explain how I put the netflix .apk file on my Hub? it's my first time with a media player with android system so I have no clue how to hook it up or acces it or something.. thanks!

There are undoubtedly more sophisticated methods but I just put it on a USB pen drive, plug it into the Hub and use one of the file managers to install the APK.

*Edit*

Ah of course haha, thanks for method 1! Smile
or copy it by ftp to /sdcard, then open file manager and click it from there
(2016-07-26, 18:52)robboman93 Wrote:
(2016-07-26, 18:39)Halloway Wrote:

*Edit*

Ah of course haha, thanks for method 1! Smile

Another handy way to do it is to log onto a PC, install Google Drive onto the Hub (https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai....apps.docs), and then simply download the file to Drive from the PC. Then you can just click it in the Drive app on the Hub.

By the way, I'm currently using the Spotify Android TV app. If I leave the app closed for a while, and then open it again I always have to login again (using facebook login). Seems like it won't cache the user details. Anyone else having the same problem?

Edit: Seems like I'm having trouble logging in at all, for some reason.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3