• 20(current)
Release Phenomenal Skin
I do have a question. i noticed with the submenu items, if i give them a custom background & use hover over the item, the custom background displays fine. If i use a widget as the "submenu" setting (which displays my submenu items as icons & makes certain things nicer), the background does not change to the custom one when i hover over the item. Am i doing something wrong? is there a way to do this? i am willing to go into files & edit if necessary (tried & failed this way as well), i am just not that skilled into looking through the code. Due to excellent labelling by the Phenomenal skin creator, his code is easy enough to mostly figure out / edit but i am not sure if this is in one of the various other add ons. thanks!
If interested in removing the lower 3 buttons & expanding your side menu (vertical menu), this is what i did. At the current "button" width, it allows for 10 buttons utilizing no scroll wheel (for some reason, i just can't accept that on my personal home menu, a huge reason why i dont like horizontal menus either).

Edit the xml file below:

kodi\addons\skin.phenomenal\1080P\home.vertical.xml

change all instances of
<height>980</height> to <height>1080</height>
(i assume this part is to allow the menu area to be separate from the buttons at the bottom.

Remove

find & remove the code for this (both instances of it so it will be the same either RTL or LTR)

<description>Power push button</description>
<description>Settings button</description>
<description>Favourites button</description>

dont just take out the descriptions but the whole code in that area, its fairly obvious as the creator of phenomenal did a good job at putting in notations & separating out code.

then remove this code to remove the bottom line (its a black line used with the buttons that were there, looks funky if leave it in). There are 2 instances of this as well (the code is all basically duplicated for RTL & LTR).

<!-- Bottom line -->
<control type="image">
<left>1630</left>
<top>1000</top>
<width>290</width>
<height>20</height>
<texture>shadow_horizontal.png</texture>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="80" time="0" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
<animation effect="slide" start="290,0" end="0,0" delay="100" time="500">WindowOpen</animation>
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="290,0" delay="0" time="300">WindowClose</animation>
</control>

No more 3 buttons on the bottom home menu! Until a better solution comes out (& since i can function fine with this edit so i wont really be looking), this makes the skin exactly what i wanted Transparency (previous skin based heavily on fanart such as Phenomenal) to be.

I really hope he keeps up the skin in future releases. I like official skins, seem to just work & i like that.
Came across this skin whilst looking to try something new, very nice installed last night. Is there an option to show watched media files?
Many thanks to the skinner!
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
Hi Tomer,

Excellent work.

I'm hoping to get some help in adding MPAA ratings to the fanart view - I have young kids, and we often choose movies/tv shows based on ratings to make sure it's appropriate.

I've been using the following as a basis to insert ListItem.MPAA, but I must admit I'm a little lost as to exactly where best to incorporate it.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259764

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, again thanks for this great skin - even my wife likes the way I configured it Cool

Although, one question I have:
Normally in full screen mode if you change a TV channel Kodi shows channel information when switching channels.
With skin Confluence this works well.
With Phenomenal no channel info is shown when switching channels.
On the top screen of Phenomenal full screen only a small short info about caching is shown.

Am I missing a setting ? Or is this feature missing in Phenomenal ?

I'm using Phenomenal with Kodi 16.1.
"Show channel information when switching channels" is set e.g. to 5sec.
"Close channel OSD..." doesn't matter. (Doesn't work with either setting)
Smile 
Hi Tomer;

Your skin is Phenomenal! Smile I love the skin! I even donated to your cause, to support your hard work.

I would love to create a build using your skin. Just wondering, I noticed the KODI logo in the SETTINGS menus, is there a way to remove and/or replace it?
Hi mate one issui have is when using live tv, when i click on guide kodi crashes, i have tried on 3 different devices android and windows and with a clean uild but all the same
Of all the tried skins, your most I liked. The most interesting of the skin. Used on SONY ANDROID TV and MINIX NEO U1.
Thanks you.
Thank you all, for support and donations.

Sorry for ignoring previous posts, I'm very busy these days in personal life.
But I will start working on a version for Kodi 17 as soon as Krypton will be released as RC version.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Wow! Stumbled across this skin almost by accident, but its great.
Up until now Titan has been my favorite, but this looks even better, and just as configurable.
One thing I miss though - customizing the shutdown menu. Any chance of that being implemented? (and also the buttons on the bottom of the vertical menu...)
(2016-08-03, 10:52)THagen Wrote: Wow! Stumbled across this skin almost by accident, but its great.
Up until now Titan has been my favorite, but this looks even better, and just as configurable.
One thing I miss though - customizing the shutdown menu. Any chance of that being implemented? (and also the buttons on the bottom of the vertical menu...)

Well ... The point behind making the skin was - max flexibility (customize wize) with minimum menus and options.... So every option to customize actually makes the skin less minimalistic, so balance is always in mind when adding options

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-08-03, 22:36)Rafalovitch.tom Wrote:
(2016-08-03, 10:52)THagen Wrote: Wow! Stumbled across this skin almost by accident, but its great.

Well ... The point behind making the skin was - max flexibility (customize wize) with minimum menus and options.... So every option to customize actually makes the skin less minimalistic, so balance is always in mind when adding options

Sent from my iPhone

I see your point, maximum flexibility with a minimalistic design is definitely a hard combination.
I guess I was just amased of what had been put into this skin already, and saw it as a well designed alternative to Titan (which supports customizing the shutdown menu).

Oh well, I can live well with Titan, no problem.
(2016-08-04, 00:08)THagen Wrote:
(2016-08-03, 22:36)Rafalovitch.tom Wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

I see your point, maximum flexibility with a minimalistic design is definitely a hard combination.
I guess I was just amased of what had been put into this skin already, and saw it as a well designed alternative to Titan (which supports customizing the shutdown menu).

Oh well, I can live well with Titan, no problem.

It wasn't a "no", just letting you know that every option tomer considered adding was always put to that test.... Titan is a great skin but the number of options it has is over whelming

Sent from my iPhone
skin.phenomenal my MOD TREE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR4ugy2U...e=youtu.be
hello , i love this skin it's awesome !

will it be available at kodi v17 ?
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Phenomenal Skin12