• 92(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-08-01, 07:46)madhits Wrote:
(2016-08-01, 07:39)atoulmin Wrote: Understand, but why fix something for Nvidia users by screwing over Intel users in the process?

We gotta make our own builds. It seems LibreElec is only for the PI moving forward..

What makes you say that?
(2016-08-01, 07:46)madhits Wrote:
(2016-08-01, 07:39)atoulmin Wrote: Understand, but why fix something for Nvidia users by screwing over Intel users in the process?

We gotta make our own builds. It seems LibreElec is only for the PI moving forward..

Give it a rest madhits.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

It's not so much fixing anything for Nvidia users, the simple fact is that these Intel patches (in their current form) are not going to be merged so why continue using them in these test builds?

The purpose of these builds is to test changes that *will* be committed upstream. By including commits that are only in these builds and are never merged upstream I could be introducing problems that are not seen in official releases. Or worse, I could be masking problems that are then only seen in official releases once it affects tens of thousands of users.

Yes, I/we realise it sucks to drop these Intel commits. Patches welcome. Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-08-01, 08:45)Milhouse Wrote:

It's not so much fixing anything for Nvidia users, the simple fact is that these Intel patches (in their current form) are not going to be merged so why continue using them in these test builds?

The purpose of these builds is to test changes that *will* be committed upstream. By including commits that are only in these builds and are never merged upstream I could be introducing problems that are not seen in official releases. Or worse, I could be masking problems that are then only seen in official releases once it affects tens of thousands of users.

Yes, I/we realise it sucks to drop these Intel commits. Patches welcome. Smile

Fair enough an understandable.

According to the discussions it seems adding the appropriate commands to the autostart.sh file will fix the issue for intel users anyway?
(2016-08-01, 09:05)atoulmin Wrote: According to the discussions it seems adding the appropriate commands to the autostart.sh file will fix the issue for intel users anyway?

Yes it should do. It's not ideal, but for those willing to edit autostart.sh then that is the solution. Hopefully longer term a solution will emerge that makes editing autostart.sh unnecessary.
Keep up the good work @Milhouse
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
So can someone confirm this is what's needed in the autostart.sh to patch intel?

OUTPUT=`xrandr -display :0 -q | sed '/ connected/!d;s/ .*//;q'`
xrandr -display :0 --output $OUTPUT --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"
No ... just look at the dropped patch ... it's all in there.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thx for dropping the intel drivers! Instead of a movie I can watch a green screen now :/

@Fritsch: Can you provide more info or post the script how to patch it? I'm a noob in that Wink
According to fritsch's commit I think you have to paste this into your autostart.sh ...

https://github.com/MilhouseVH/LibreELEC....llrange.sh
(2016-08-01, 18:12)Tequilla9 Wrote: Thx for dropping the intel drivers! Instead of a movie I can watch a green screen now :/

@Fritsch: Can you provide more info or post the script how to patch it? I'm a noob in that Wink
Not related, but another commits most likely Updates deint settings in a non compatible way. Try changing these while playing a video.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi all

thanks for you great work with this project

i have a ?

i used to use the #0604 with intel cherry audio support, and i have sound, then ive updated to the latest version #0730 , and now i have no sound ?

any ideas ?

im using Tronsmart ara x5

/ Stainlessdk
intel cherry audio is _not_ supported. It lives somewhere out of tree and it will eventually come back if it properly fits into the patchset. This is when the upstream author merges it mainline or when he rebases on kernel 3.7

For the green screen: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10211 <- this will fix it.
(2016-08-01, 18:33)Engelsen Wrote: According to fritsch's commit I think you have to paste this into your autostart.sh ...

https://github.com/MilhouseVH/LibreELEC....llrange.sh

@fritsch: is this the right way ?? Is this enough ?

(A bit confused form the pull)

Thx for helping!
Yes. Don't copy the #!/bin/sh twice.

Use it in combination with kodi's "Use Limited Range" setting.
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11