• 45(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2016-07-22, 02:37)McButton Wrote: Batman The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1 seems to do the same thing. The "part" is removed if it is a multi part entity. I changed to IMDB scraper and had the same issue with .nfo and images. I had to manually change it.

I actually already had the correct .nfo files in the folders with the correct name, but they were disregarded and a 2nd .nfo added. I can't seem to stop it.

I have had this same issue.
(2016-07-21, 15:48)McButton Wrote: It seems only when I update EMM via overwrite of the install folder. I just started new with v20 and it scraped in faster than I've ever had. The log looked normal. ..but I'll treat again with new updates to see if we can avoid it.

Thanks again for keeping EMM strong!

This works for me. Strange.
try using just brackets without the part

ie the dark night(1) in your file name

it's the "part" keyword that triggers the file stacking response
1.4.8.0 Alpha 21

So I've been having an issue for a couple of versions now, but I'm by no means a long-time user. Ember isn't picking up all of the files that exist for some shows. It is scraping content for the files that it finds, it's just not finding them all. I had the same issue with some other shows which I was able to correct by renaming the files. For example, I changed the filename from "Band.of.Brothers.s01e01.mkv" to "Band of Brothers.s01e01.mkv" and then Ember recognized that was present in the folder.

See the attached photo for an example that I can't figure out how to fix. Ember identifies that s01e01 and s01e02 exist, but it doesn't see that eps 03-08 exist before jumping to s02. I've tried deleting the entire show from the database and clearing out everything from the folder other than the video files themselves (i.e. no old .nfo or .jpg files). I tried changing the capitalization from S01E03 to s01e03. No joy. Anyone know what's going on here?

Hey Dan,

I don't think this is specifically an Alpha thing, but the German 'Die', 'Der' and 'Das' appear by default in the Sort token to Ignore list.

For my German friends - perfect!
For me, not so much as "Die Another Day" becomes "Another Day, Die".

It's more a feature suggestion I guess, but it might be nice to separate them out by language and let the user choose the movie language.. or something...not exactly sure how to work it in in a user-friendly way

English - A, An, The
German - Ein, Die, Der, Das (your German is better than mine!)
French - Un, Une, Le, La, Les
etc.. and so on.

Just a thought and thanks again for all your work on Ember Smile
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
Is there full support for unicode? When I scrape certain movies, the results come out garbled:

Code:
<title>Y tu mamá también</title>
  <originaltitle>Y tu mam├í tambi├⌐n</originaltitle>

When it should probably appear like:

Code:
<title>Y Tu Mamá También</title>
  <originaltitle>Y Tu Mamá También</originaltitle>
Hi Dan, könntest du bitte bei den Serien eine "Rechtsklick" Option einbauen das wenn man in der Staffel Übersicht einen Rechtsklick auf den Menüpunkt einer einzelnen Staffel und/oder ALLE Staffeln macht die Option (Video Quelle Festlegen) hat. Um für JEDE Episode der Staffel oder eben für alle Episoden aller Staffeln die "Video Quelle" auf einmal einzugeben.
Aktuell ist es extrem Nervig insbesondere bei neu hinzugefügten Serien mit teilweise bis zu 200+ Episoden von Hand bei jeder einzelnen Episode einer jeden Staffel die Quelle (DVD, HDTV, BluRay) hinzuzufügen.
(2016-08-02, 01:11)fnwc Wrote: Is there full support for unicode? When I scrape certain movies, the results come out garbled:

Code:
<title>Y tu mamá también</title>
  <originaltitle>Y tu mam├í tambi├⌐n</originaltitle>

When it should probably appear like:

Code:
<title>Y Tu Mamá También</title>
  <originaltitle>Y Tu Mamá También</originaltitle>

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=284204
(2016-08-02, 06:46)Gamefaq Wrote: Hi Dan, könntest du bitte bei den Serien eine "Rechtsklick" Option einbauen das wenn man in der Staffel Übersicht einen Rechtsklick auf den Menüpunkt einer einzelnen Staffel und/oder ALLE Staffeln macht die Option (Video Quelle Festlegen) hat. Um für JEDE Episode der Staffel oder eben für alle Episoden aller Staffeln die "Video Quelle" auf einmal einzugeben.
Aktuell ist es extrem Nervig insbesondere bei neu hinzugefügten Serien mit teilweise bis zu 200+ Episoden von Hand bei jeder einzelnen Episode einer jeden Staffel die Quelle (DVD, HDTV, BluRay) hinzuzufügen.

English only please. Use the Ember official german forum if you want: http://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Board...a-Manager/
(2016-07-31, 18:19)tinyhands Wrote: 1.4.8.0 Alpha 21

So I've been having an issue for a couple of versions now, but I'm by no means a long-time user. Ember isn't picking up all of the files that exist for some shows. It is scraping content for the files that it finds, it's just not finding them all. I had the same issue with some other shows which I was able to correct by renaming the files. For example, I changed the filename from "Band.of.Brothers.s01e01.mkv" to "Band of Brothers.s01e01.mkv" and then Ember recognized that was present in the folder.

See the attached photo for an example that I can't figure out how to fix. Ember identifies that s01e01 and s01e02 exist, but it doesn't see that eps 03-08 exist before jumping to s02. I've tried deleting the entire show from the database and clearing out everything from the folder other than the video files themselves (i.e. no old .nfo or .jpg files). I tried changing the capitalization from S01E03 to s01e03. No joy. Anyone know what's going on here?

It works with "Band.of.Brothers.s01e01.mkv" and "Band of Brothers.s01e01.mkv".
If Ember does not recognize a file then in most cases the file is already saved in database, but orphaned. You can try to run a database cleanup (Tools => Clean Database). That process should remove all files that are no longer linked to an existing tv show.
(2016-08-01, 22:04)zerocool_ie Wrote: Hey Dan,

I don't think this is specifically an Alpha thing, but the German 'Die', 'Der' and 'Das' appear by default in the Sort token to Ignore list.

For my German friends - perfect!
For me, not so much as "Die Another Day" becomes "Another Day, Die".

It's more a feature suggestion I guess, but it might be nice to separate them out by language and let the user choose the movie language.. or something...not exactly sure how to work it in in a user-friendly way

English - A, An, The
German - Ein, Die, Der, Das (your German is better than mine!)
French - Un, Une, Le, La, Les
etc.. and so on.

Just a thought and thanks again for all your work on Ember Smile

Yes, the articles should be dependent on language, but it's not possible to add that to the language.xml like Kodi do.
I think we have to add an additional XML to make a proper solution for all languages.
(2016-08-02, 19:00)DanCooper Wrote: It works with "Band.of.Brothers.s01e01.mkv" and "Band of Brothers.s01e01.mkv".
If Ember does not recognize a file then in most cases the file is already saved in database, but orphaned. You can try to run a database cleanup (Tools => Clean Database). That process should remove all files that are no longer linked to an existing tv show.
Dan, I know that it is /supposed/ to work with either of those files, but I have found that sometimes it just cannot find a file unless I rename it. For Band of Brothers, I could substitute the dots for spaces or vice versa, but I cannot do that with Entourage.

I performed a database cleanup and then updated the library and re-scraped the show. It is now showing that there should be more than 2 episodes in season 1, but it thinks that they are missing from my hard drive and has them greyed-out in the episode list. I cannot manually enter the File Path (under the Plot), so I don't know how to get Ember to see them.

Another example of "confusion" that I'm having is with a TV Show called The Leftovers. There are 2 seasons but I only have season 1 stored in this folder. When I loaded the library and scraped this show, it seems to think that there are two episodes in season 4 (no season 3). They were associated with files in a different folder, but I deleted them from the database. I did another database clean and re-scraped the show, but it still thinks that there is a season 1, season 2, then season 4. Curiously, thetvdb.com lists a season 3, but all 8 episodes have no episode title or air date.

Monty Python's Flying Circus is kind of like Entourage. It knows that there is a season 1 & 2, but it thinks that all episodes are missing from my drive. It found the files for all episodes in seasons 0, 3, and 4.

Is my database just hopelessly trashed? Do I have to remove all shows, clean database, then start again? I guess I'm willing to do that, but I need to know how to prevent it from happening again. Do I have too many TV shows for it to update the library and scrape all in one go? Do I need to move them to a different folder, then slowly add the files back in, updating and scraping a little bit at a time? Do I have to completely uninstall Ember and reinstall, and if I do that is it possible to save my Movie library?

Many questions, and thanks for your help.
(2016-08-03, 01:58)tinyhands Wrote:
(2016-08-02, 19:00)DanCooper Wrote: It works with "Band.of.Brothers.s01e01.mkv" and "Band of Brothers.s01e01.mkv".
Dan, I know that it is /supposed/ to work with either of those files, but I have found that sometimes it just cannot find a file unless I rename it. For Band of Brothers, I could substitute the dots for spaces or vice versa, but I cannot do that with Entourage.

I performed a database cleanup and then updated the library and re-scraped the show. It is now showing that there should be more than 2 episodes in season 1, but it thinks that they are missing from my hard drive and has them greyed-out in the episode list. I cannot manually enter the File Path (under the Plot), so I don't know how to get Ember to see them.

Another example of "confusion" that I'm having is with a TV Show called The Leftovers. There are 2 seasons but I only have season 1 stored in this folder. When I loaded the library and scraped this show, it seems to think that there are two episodes in season 4 (no season 3). They were associated with files in a different folder, but I deleted them from the database. I did another database clean and re-scraped the show, but it still thinks that there is a season 1, season 2, then season 4. Curiously, thetvdb.com lists a season 3, but all 8 episodes have no episode title or air date.

Monty Python's Flying Circus is kind of like Entourage. It knows that there is a season 1 & 2, but it thinks that all episodes are missing from my drive. It found the files for all episodes in seasons 0, 3, and 4.

Is my database just hopelessly trashed? Do I have to remove all shows, clean database, then start again? I guess I'm willing to do that, but I need to know how to prevent it from happening again. Do I have too many TV shows for it to update the library and scrape all in one go? Do I need to move them to a different folder, then slowly add the files back in, updating and scraping a little bit at a time? Do I have to completely uninstall Ember and reinstall, and if I do that is it possible to save my Movie library?

Many questions, and thanks for your help.

Ember only add new files if the path is not already in Ember's database. It's possible that orphaned paths are saved in the database, that are not linked to a tv show or linked to a tv show that's no longer exist. But this should be solved with a database cleanup.

Please also check the NFO of the files that not will be recognized. Maybe there are wrong or corrupt informations inside.

Ember does not add (missing) episodes if no scraper provides a title. So the season 3 of The Leftovers will not be added.
Are the season 4 episodes marked as missing (geyed out) in tv show The Leftovers? If not, then I'm 100% shure that your NFO's are wrong.
Ember always use the information inside the NFO if you adding them to the database, even if the file name regex does not match the NFO informations. Only multi-episodes will be checked if the NFO and regex results are match.
(2016-08-03, 13:07)DanCooper Wrote: Ember only add new files if the path is not already in Ember's database. It's possible that orphaned paths are saved in the database, that are not linked to a tv show or linked to a tv show that's no longer exist. But this should be solved with a database cleanup.

Please also check the NFO of the files that not will be recognized. Maybe there are wrong or corrupt informations inside.

Ember does not add (missing) episodes if no scraper provides a title. So the season 3 of The Leftovers will not be added.
Are the season 4 episodes marked as missing (geyed out) in tv show The Leftovers? If not, then I'm 100% shure that your NFO's are wrong.
Ember always use the information inside the NFO if you adding them to the database, even if the file name regex does not match the NFO informations. Only multi-episodes will be checked if the NFO and regex results are match.
99% of the NFOs that I have were created by Ember. I'm not exactly sure which ones weren't, but I know I didn't create individual episode NFOs before I started using Ember.
I think the path of least resistance for me is to remove all of the shows from the database, perform database cleanup, and remove all NFOs from the drive. I'm going to move all TV Shows into another folder and then put them back one show/season at a time, updating the library and scraping one by one. If I find something odd, I'll know which show/season caused it and I can be reasonably certain that it won't mess up any other shows/seasons. My TV Show library is all stuff that I've already watched, so other than the time spent doing this, it isn't going to mess up my time spent watching TV.

I'll let you know if I find something odd.
Hi Dan,
When I try to delete an episode, Ember displays the delete confirmation dialog correctly.
But after clicking OK, Ember hangs for 2-3 minutes, then is responsive again, but the file is still present in the library and on the file system.
The file is on a SMB share and I have full access permissions.
Log below.

thanks!

Code:
2016-08-03 23:25:23.6639,Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain,Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.cmnuEpisodeRemoveFromDisk_Click,1,ERROR,cmnuEpisodeRemoveFromDisk_Click,"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.SharedRow(Int32 rowIndex)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.get_Item(String columnName, Int32 rowIndex)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.cmnuEpisodeRemoveFromDisk_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)*   at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.SharedRow(Int32 rowIndex)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.get_Item(String columnName, Int32 rowIndex)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.cmnuEpisodeRemoveFromDisk_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)"

EDIT: After clicking the 'deleted' epsiode I get a popup error and Ember closes.
Further log:
Code:
2016-08-03 23:34:34.3228,Ember_Media_Manager.My.MyApplication,Ember_Media_Manager.My.MyApplication.MyApplication_UnhandledException,1,ERROR,EmberAPI,"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value must be >= 0, was given: -1
Parameter name: ShowID
   at EmberAPI.Database.Load_TVShow(Int64 ShowID, Boolean withSeasons, Boolean withEpisodes, Boolean withMissingEpisodes)
   at EmberAPI.Database.AddTVShowInfoToDBElement(DBElement _TVDB, DBElement _TVDBShow)
   at EmberAPI.Database.Load_TVEpisode(Int64 EpisodeID, Boolean withShow)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.LoadInfo_TVEpisode(Int64 ID)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.SelectRow_TVEpisode(Int32 iRow)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.tmrLoad_TVEpisode_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)*   at EmberAPI.Database.Load_TVShow(Int64 ShowID, Boolean withSeasons, Boolean withEpisodes, Boolean withMissingEpisodes)
   at EmberAPI.Database.AddTVShowInfoToDBElement(DBElement _TVDB, DBElement _TVDBShow)
   at EmberAPI.Database.Load_TVEpisode(Int64 EpisodeID, Boolean withShow)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.LoadInfo_TVEpisode(Int64 ID)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.SelectRow_TVEpisode(Int32 iRow)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.tmrLoad_TVEpisode_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)"

After restarting Ember, the 'deleted' episode does not exist in the database, but still exists on the filesystem.
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2