• 7(current)
[RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon
Notice that as of sometime today the RT streaming addon loops from several minutes of "Crosstalk" and then several minutes of the news broadcast. Then terminates. Restarting the addon repeats as above. Could well/probably is a streaming issue at the head end. The rt.com web streaming is working fine though. In any of the offered languages that are live.

cheers
(2016-08-01, 15:21)newsbeast Wrote: Notice that as of sometime today the RT streaming addon loops from several minutes of "Crosstalk" and then several minutes of the news broadcast. Then terminates. Restarting the addon repeats as above. Could well/probably is a streaming issue at the head end. The rt.com web streaming is working fine though. In any of the offered languages that are live.

cheers

I also got this. played 14m 58s at global live menu. kodi problem?
(2016-08-02, 02:06)parcel Wrote:
(2016-08-01, 15:21)newsbeast Wrote: Notice that as of sometime today the RT streaming addon loops from several minutes of "Crosstalk" and then several minutes of the news broadcast. Then terminates. Restarting the addon repeats as above. Could well/probably is a streaming issue at the head end. The rt.com web streaming is working fine though. In any of the offered languages that are live.

cheers

I also got this. played 14m 58s at global live menu. kodi problem?

Addon needs to be rewritten, not a Kodi problem.
(2016-08-02, 02:08)learningit Wrote: Addon needs to be rewritten, not a Kodi problem.

Hi learningit, and thanks for the status update on RT addon. Can't help but be curious as to the rewrite requirements. So is it a streaming resource change -- new url -- or access issue of some kind? Before your status update I would check the service every few hours in the hope it would be a server-side issue. It was pretty freaky to see the presenter start the broadcast in exactly the same spot every time I started the addon. Shades of the matrix. Wink

Anything I can do to help with this project?

Thanks again! This addon is great! Like to consider alternative news sources.
There is nothing normal about it. It was deliberate and RT is aware of the actions of Akamai.net. For there to be a looped recording on a live stream, it's no accident.Now the stream is dead entirely. Watching the stream through the website still works perfect though. Expect more interruptions like this simply because of the nature of the news in the face of all the garbage we are fed through mainstream news like CBC.

Cogeco for example refuses to carry RT news which is why I cut the cord six years ago. I was tricked into getting Cogeco back then because they swore they carried Russia Today. When I made a fuss about it they said it would cost $6.00/month for that channel then they changed their mind and said the news station is not aligned with Cogeco's "Service Values"
(2016-08-03, 03:44)ZaPHoN Wrote: There is nothing normal about it. It was deliberate and RT is aware of the actions of Akamai.net. For there to be a looped recording on a live stream, it's no accident.Now the stream is dead entirely. Watching the stream through the website still works perfect though. Expect more interruptions like this simply because of the nature of the news in the face of all the garbage we are fed through mainstream news like CBC.

Cogeco for example refuses to carry RT news which is why I cut the cord six years ago. I was tricked into getting Cogeco back then because they swore they carried Russia Today. When I made a fuss about it they said it would cost $6.00/month for that channel then they changed their mind and said the news station is not aligned with Cogeco's "Service Values"

WTF? You need to lay off the crack pipe. RT has been just about the most stable stream that I have in any add-on. RT themselves changed the way in which streams are presented to allow more formats - that is what broke the addon. There is absolutely nothing covert about what is going on. If you don't know, don't conjecture - you just make yourself look like an absolute idiot.

I will have a fix for this in the next couple of days, it's simple and normal. I'm on vacation and have better things to do at the moment.
The source code live feed appears to go through Akamai does it not?

Lay off the attack dick head. I know what Cogeco said because it was first hand moron, it wasn't conjecture. Why is my direct capture of the stream still active when not going through Akamai.

If you don't like what I say simply state your position without being a asshole. Digress a little and be a human being instead of waving your dick around.

Akamai’s CDN Has No Performance Advantage For Video, And Here’s The Data To Prove It

http://blog.streamingmedia.com/2016/04/a...ntage.html

Does your kind response represent the rest of the team and the spirit of KODI?

Use this as an example of what drives people away from KODI.
https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/3...rs_of_the/
Wow, I see the light now. You're right, there's no point in fixing the add-on.
fixing live temporary.

It works gloal, America, documentary, uk, arabic.

Code:
def getLive():
    ilist=[]
    rlist = [("http://rt-eng-live.hls.adaptive.level3.net/rt/eng/index%s.m3u8", __language__(30005)),
             ("http://rt-usa-live.hls.adaptive.level3.net/rt/usa/index%s.m3u8", __language__(30006)),
             ("http://rt-doc-live.hls.adaptive.level3.net/rt/doc/index%s.m3u8", __language__(30007)),
             ("http://rt-uk-live.hls.adaptive.level3.net/rt/uk/index%s.m3u8", __language__(30008)),
             ("http://rt-a.akamaihd.net/ch_02@325606/%s.m3u8", __language__(30009)),
             ("http://rt-ara-live.hls.adaptive.level3.net/rt/ara/index%s.m3u8", __language__(30010))]
    res_names = ["Auto","720p","480p","320p","240p"]
    res_values = ["","2500","1600","800","400"]
    i = int(addon.getSetting('rt_res'))
    res = res_values[i]
    # if res == "Auto": res = "master"
    res_str = res_names[i]
    for url, name in rlist:
       url = url % res
       name = '%s%s' % (name, res_str)    
       liz=xbmcgui.ListItem(name, '',icon, None)
       liz.setProperty('fanart_image', addonfanart)
       liz.setProperty('IsPlayable', 'true')
       ilist.append((url, liz, False))
    xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItems(int(sys.argv[1]), ilist, len(ilist))
    if addon.getSetting('enable_views') == 'true':
      xbmc.executebuiltin("Container.SetViewMode(%s)" % addon.getSetting('default_view'))
    xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory(int(sys.argv[1]))
(2016-08-05, 07:19)parcel Wrote: fixing live temporary.

Great stuff. Thanks! Works well. prefer to use kodi instead of the web browser. I had a look at this section of the code myself and figured this was the correct approach to at least get the addon functional, but had not yet got to experimenting. But I did make a unified diff of your work -- usable with the gnu patch utility. Although cut & paste works just fine too.

Chjeers
Parcel, Thanks for the work but as a novice could you tell me just where to paste your revised code? Thanks!
(2016-08-05, 16:44)newsbeast Wrote:
(2016-08-05, 07:19)parcel Wrote: fixing live temporary.

Great stuff. Thanks! Works well. prefer to use kodi instead of the web browser. I had a look at this section of the code myself and figured this was the correct approach to at least get the addon functional, but had not yet got to experimenting. But I did make a unified diff of your work -- usable with the gnu patch utility. Although cut & paste works just fine too.

Chjeers

Any chance you could email or file drop your patched file as I am having a bunch of issues rezipping on my macSad Thanks

Update got it working using textwrangler for some reason using text edit was the problem anyhow rt is back on so sick of the msm this is a great resource.
(2016-08-10, 22:26)woobs420 Wrote: Parcel, Thanks for the work but as a novice could you tell me just where to paste your revised code? Thanks!

Parcels' fix is applied to a file called default.py, either in the addon archive or on device in the appropriate addon folder. When editing this python script be careful to _not_ pick up any trailing or leading white spaces, especially if you use cut & paste. And always first make a back up of defaut.py before editing. Usually you would name the backup default.py_orig, but anything so long as you differentiate it from the edited file.

Just a note: the spanish news feed doesn't work in the mentioned fix. ¡Viva Argentina!

Cheers
(2016-08-11, 03:31)woobs420 Wrote: Any chance you could email or file drop your patched file as I am having a bunch of issues rezipping on my macSad Thanks

Update got it working using textwrangler for some reason using text edit was the problem anyhow rt is back on so sick of the msm this is a great resource.

Good to hear...Personally I'm a big fan of the Keiser Report and a few other shows -- the news feed live is sorta like cnn in structure -- you know where the news is basically repeated hourly with updates as reported -- and breaking news, They do not always Get It Right but they do offer an excellent alternative point of view.

RT is by far my most used and most useful kodi addon.
This is modified addon file link.

https://www.mediafire.com/?psprsuwvko5tlfh

I cannot fix Spanish news feed, it is based on Youtube live stream.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon2