Sources Not Showing in Main Menu
Hi All

I installed Kodi Alpha 3 over the weekend and noticed that my media sources arnt displaying in the movies/tv show menus in Kodi. The menu for Movies just says "Your library is currently empty. in order to populate......" for example. The sources.xml file still has the correct sources and they can be browsed no problem from kodi.

Kodi: 17.0 BETA1 Git: 2016-07-31-d0d1790
OSX: 10.11.6
Mac Hardware: Mac Mini mid 2011

Paste bin here of debug log

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!
Code:
11:18:06 T:140735173967872   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos107] Undefined MySQL error: Code (1050)
                                            Query: CREATE TABLE uniqueid (uniqueid_id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY auto_increment , media_id INTEGER, media_type TEXT, value TEXT, type TEXT) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci
11:18:06 T:140735173967872   ERROR: Exception updating database MyVideos107 from version 106 to 107
11:18:06 T:140735173967872   ERROR: Error updating database MyVideos107 from version 106 to 107
11:18:06 T:140735173967872   DEBUG: Mysql rollback transaction
11:18:06 T:140735173967872  NOTICE: Old database found - updating from version 106 to 107
11:18:06 T:140735173967872   ERROR: SQL: Can't create database for copy: 'MyVideos106' (1007)

There is a thread somewhere in the forum about maria db support. either mariadb support is broken or you are using the wrong version of the mariadb server...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-08-02, 07:33)Memphiz Wrote: either mariadb support is broken or you are using the wrong version of the mariadb server...
Not necessarily. I have mariadb and it works fine (now), although I did have issues with kodi logging onto the database and creating its new tables. I did read there was an issue with an older version but if OP has a newer version, it could be something else.
MariaDB 10.1.12 or higher had the fix, IIRC. Assuming that this is the same issue.
I have MariaDB installed on a synology box. Version is 5.5.49-0065. It seems the last working nightly for me is 2016-07-18-2cac3e3 (compiled: jul 18 2016). Everything after that the issue occurs in the opening post.
well its not macos specific - moving the thread to the general forum (in the hope someone is interisted in this mariadb incompatibility i suspect here).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
just wanted to confirm the issue also occurs if i switch to a windows machine using same alpha nightly as in op so defintily not OS specific. Anything else i can do to assist in finding a solution?
(2016-08-06, 14:38)diverseft Wrote: just wanted to confirm the issue also occurs if i switch to a windows machine using same alpha nightly as in op so defintily not OS specific. Anything else i can do to assist in finding a solution?
I had the same issue(s) and had to manually create users and add privileges to the database(s). Unfortunately, mySQL (mariadb) are a bit of a mystery to me and I can't clearly set out what you need to do. Do you have phpmyadmin so that you can see the database and the users? Another user also had this issue, but gave up and tried something else.

other thread
Yes I do have phpmyadmin. i have a user called kodi (pass = kodi) who has full access to all tables at a global level

User name Host name Type Privileges Grant
kodi % global ALL PRIVILEGES Yes
Ok, I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful. I don't understand mysql well enough and I did not figure out "what the problem was". I fiddled until mine worked, and accordingly I don't know what the specific reason was.... In addition to the global privileges, I added "database-specific" privileges to the kodi databases for videos and music. But I also created a user "kodi" who could access the database without a password (it does not matter to me, because the server is only local and has no internet access).

On my phpmyadmin "Users" tab, there is a setting to change the password hashing from MySQL 4.1" to "MySQL 4.0 compatible". I don't know whether the password hashing is the reason for the problems kodi has accessing/creating the database and why there is/was an issue with the versions of mariadb. If I were still "fiddling" and trying to make it work, I'd probably try the other setting on that. There is some issue with database access because they changed the password hashing at some stage.

I could never find/figure out how kodi was trying to logon to the database. Prior to Krypton, user xbmc worked, from Krypton, kodi works, but I don't really know if it is using a capital Kodi or lowercase kodi. The password-less user Kodi I ended up creating has a capital K...

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Someone who really understands mysql and/or kodi might be able to be more helpful. I have just dealt with the issue because I encountered it, but I didn't deal with it "properly" and don't really understand what the cause and remedy are.
Thanks bilgepump. I cant seem to get it working using your suggestions. Can you confirm it was definitly installing Krypton that you first saw the issue?

I dont suppose there are any dev's who can look at any potential changes that might of caused this after 2016-07-18-2cac3e3 (compiled: jul 18 2016).

Really not too sure what else to do at this point
(2016-08-09, 16:14)diverseft Wrote: Thanks bilgepump. I cant seem to get it working using your suggestions. Can you confirm it was definitly installing Krypton that you first saw the issue?
Sorry, I'm a bit confused as to what I suggested because as I said I don't know how to fix it.

As to when I first had problems with database access, I've had that from when I first set up the shared mySQL database (ages ago). The kodi wiki says that kodi will create tables, but I always had issues with kodi accessing the database. It never just set up everything automatically.

I ended up creating user xbmc, no password required, privileges to everything (database-specific, mysql, everything I could find) and it worked. Before I installed Krypton, I fiddled with user kodi, but it didn't work before and as it was working with user xbmc I didn't pursue trying to figure out what was going on.

After I installed Krypton, I changed the user to kodi/Kodi (I'm not sure which one worked) and the settings in the advancedsettings.xml and after Krypton, user kodi/Kodi works.

All of this is not helpful to others, because I have upgraded the nas firmware/database version at some stage. Usually when I'm trying to figure things out, I document everything, but in this case, I just "fiddled" without being systematic and recording what I was doing, so I can't give the information as to what specifically changed and what versions were being used and when. As I said, I'm clueless about MySQL. I shared your difficulties, but I don't know what to tell you to do to make it work. All I know is that there seems to be some access issue to the database because I had it.
1050 error is table allready exist, can you check? Delete 107 and try again
Yeah, two issues in that log working hand-in-hand. 1050 is table already exists and 1007 is database already exists. Use phpmyadmin to drop MyVideos107 and MyMusic60 and re-start Kodi. I'm not sure though, why Kodi is trying to upgrade MyMusic from 37 to 60 when there is a MyMusic56 apparently Huh
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2016-09-22, 10:33)black_eagle Wrote: I'm not sure though, why Kodi is trying to upgrade MyMusic from 37 to 60 when there is a MyMusic56 apparently Huh
It will upgrade to whatever number the release uses. Krypton is MyMusic60, Myvideos107. MyMusic56 was a previous release (Jarvis maybe?)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sources Not Showing in Main Menu0