• 112(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
I'd rather we didn't continue the overclocking discussion here (as it can go on and on, and has nothing to do with testing these builds), however I just wanted to comment on the following:

(2016-08-07, 17:42)smp1 Wrote: over_voltage_sdram doesn't seem to do anything for stability, I think it doesn't even work on RPi3.

over_voltage_sdram sets over_voltage_sdram_p, over_voltage_sdram_i and over_voltage_sdram_c simultaneously.

over_voltage_sdram_p - sets the phystical voltage for the SDRAM
over_voltage_sdram_i - sets the voltage for SDRAM I/O
over_voltage_sdram_c - sets the voltage for the SDRAM controller

I needed to set over_voltage_sdram=5 (and sdram_schmoo=0x02000020) for a stable sdram_freq=580, so it does improve stability. Without bumping the SDRAM voltage I'd have SDRAM errors.

(2016-08-07, 17:42)smp1 Wrote: I don't see the point of OCing the sdcard.

I have a NOOBS 8GB sd card and "dtparam=sd_overclock=100" increases the sequential read performance from about 20MB/s to 42MB/s, so quite worthwhile (if your card supports it).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
If one would want to rebuild your latest builds, where would one get the latest sources? Does https://github.com/MilhouseVH/LibreELEC.tv/tree/master have everything that's in #806?

Thanks Smile
(2016-08-07, 18:46)Catscrash Wrote: If one would want to rebuild your latest builds, where would one get the latest sources? Does https://github.com/MilhouseVH/LibreELEC.tv/tree/master have everything that's in #806?

Thanks Smile

No, it's not on github. The patches are pulled dynamically and are included in each tar file.

Build instructions: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2092814
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Sorry for the hijack. Thanks for all the info.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0807: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.7.0 #1 Sun Aug 7 21:06:40 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul 28 2016 12:46:32
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e12916091ba9d68ef2780e4e142ade56aa301754 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160807210455-#0807-g7e85b6d [Build #0807]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002392.126: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (7e85b6d9, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (450eecd3, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. ffmpeg: Bump to 3.1.1-Krypton-Beta1 (fixes bugs/issues with mp3, and HLS streaming)
  2. Estuary skin sync
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [PVR] Fix crash during shutdown due to wrong usage of std::remove (PR:10240, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [xbmc/cleanup] Remove some win32 hard coded defines that cmake handles (PR:10242, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoPlayer: fix early stall of audio stream, sync is now in AE (PR:10237, 3 commits, 6 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: passthrough fixes (PR:10247, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • FFmpeg: Bump to 3.1.1-Krypton-Beta1 (PR:10246, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Music Library Filtering Simple Fixes (PR:10235, 5 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [win32] update readme (297be82d)
  2. newclock5:
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • VideoPlayer: remove some dead code (fb24e79b)
      • AE: change definition of AEStream::GetCacheTime (2d56cfa9)
      • VideoPlayer: fix early stall of audio stream, sync is now in AE (92fd0c79)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: expat: Bump to 2.2.0
    • Added: [env] patch: ffmpeg: Bump to 3.1.1-Krypton-Beta1 (a59ca3c)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:10248: [PVR] CDirectoryProvider now supports async PVR startup. Fixes favori?
    • Added: [pkg] PR:10251: VideoPlayer: rework rtmp options for ffmpeg-demuxer
    • Added: [pkg] PR:10253: [estuary] skin sync
(2016-05-04, 14:44)makruiten Wrote: For quite some time now, maybe even from the beginning, I need to disable and re-enable AirPlay every time after a reboot. If I don't, it will be visible to my phone, but it will immediately disconnect when I start a song. I have video support disabled (for iOS 9 compatibility). I don't know if it's in any way related, but I'm using a HiFiBerry DAC. I'm used to it and it doesn't really pose a problem for me, but if more people are experiencing the same issue, I guess it must be fixed eventually. Any ideas?

Hi Markruiten,

I have a similar setup as you do but with HiFiBerry Digi, LE 7.0.2, and have iOS 9 compatibility enabled.

Airplay doesn't seem to work for me, it does show on my phone, I am able to "cast" to it, but no sound comes out of the speakers. The stream doesn't disconnect though, as soon as I switch back to my phone, the stream plays on the phone as it it weren't interrupted.

Have you heard of others with similar problems? has anyone responded to your comment (I looked into a few forum pages after your comments, haven't seen a response or quote).

Anyone else perhaps with similar issues?
bingo! #807 fixed pvr stalker client hls streaming that my local provider uses up here.
the issue that has been since #701 is gone.

thanks!
(2016-08-08, 13:51)Botafuco Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 14:44)makruiten Wrote: For quite some time now, maybe even from the beginning, I need to disable and re-enable AirPlay every time after a reboot. If I don't, it will be visible to my phone, but it will immediately disconnect when I start a song. I have video support disabled (for iOS 9 compatibility). I don't know if it's in any way related, but I'm using a HiFiBerry DAC. I'm used to it and it doesn't really pose a problem for me, but if more people are experiencing the same issue, I guess it must be fixed eventually. Any ideas?

Hi Markruiten,

I have a similar setup as you do but with HiFiBerry Digi, LE 7.0.2, and have iOS 9 compatibility enabled.

Airplay doesn't seem to work for me, it does show on my phone, I am able to "cast" to it, but no sound comes out of the speakers. The stream doesn't disconnect though, as soon as I switch back to my phone, the stream plays on the phone as it it weren't interrupted.

Have you heard of others with similar problems? has anyone responded to your comment (I looked into a few forum pages after your comments, haven't seen a response or quote).

Anyone else perhaps with similar issues?

I have not gotten Airplay to work reliably since IOS 9. Occasionally I can get an audio connection, usually on the 4th or 5th try. Video is known to not work.
@popcornmix, I have noticed a small bug with "system/settings/rbp.xml".

Since the last settings reshuffle "Decode the stero stream from 3D files" is in the "Teletext" section (group id="5") instead of the "Stereoscopic 3D" section (group id="4").

(2016-08-08, 19:27)bill_orange Wrote: I have not gotten Airplay to work reliably since IOS 9. Occasionally I can get an audio connection, usually on the 4th or 5th try. Video is known to not work.

Thanks Bill for responding.

I've tried this evening disabling iOS 9 support, and as you mentioned, the audio works sometimes. I already had this issue on my windows setup, I was just hoping that maybe it would work on LE Smile

We know the Kodi team would have implemented it nicely if the protocol specs would be available.
(2016-08-08, 22:33)amediauser Wrote: Since the last settings reshuffle "Decode the stero stream from 3D files" is in the "Teletext" section (group id="5") instead of the "Stereoscopic 3D" section (group id="4").

Thanks - will be fixed in next build.
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...1fd5214817
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0808: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.7.0 #1 Mon Aug 8 23:05:06 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul 28 2016 12:46:32
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e12916091ba9d68ef2780e4e142ade56aa301754 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160808225049-#0808-gada1c1e [Build #0808]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002389.122: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (ada1c1ef, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (4a61bf52, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. (Clean build)
  2. fix auto-sense in lirc_rpi driver
  3. Drop PR:10253: [estuary] skin sync - conflict with PR10248 (async PVR startup)
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • syncthing: upgrade to 0.14.3 (PR:613, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • busybox: Default to UNIVERSE scope, fixes 9141 (PR:615, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • addons: clean up (PR:610, 6 commits, 6 files changed)
    • init: Report out of space when unable to extract archive/compressed i… (PR:609, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • linux: disable UAS on pi kernels (PR:607, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • WeTek_Core:Revised install/update procedure (PR:578, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [depends/win32] Update mini wdk with files from 10.0.14393.0 as (PR:10255, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Add python functions to set and get ratings (PR:10147, 2 commits, 7 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: rework rtmp options for ffmpeg-demuxer (PR:10251, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  3. inputstream.mpd:
  4. kernel 4.7.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • fix auto-sense in lirc_rpi driver (02e82776)
(2016-08-08, 23:37)popcornmix Wrote: Thanks - will be fixed in next build.
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...1fd5214817

This didn't make it in time for #0808, will be in #0809.
Hi,

Im a long time kodi/xbmc user, but this is my 1st time using this build, and i have to say its fantastic compared to the other distribution i'd been using, This is so much further ahead with v17, very stable maybe 1-2 reboots a day, which is great for a beta build.

Anyway I have 1 question which may have already been answered.
Does LibreElec use any sort of hard disc spindown, and if so how long after inactivity does it activate.

Thanks again for such a great built.

Regards

Bucky.. Big Grin
No, you have to achieve that via HD-Idle Addon (tools.hd-idle-7.0.0.zip)
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19