• 100(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-08-09, 19:39)n2vwz Wrote:
(2016-08-09, 18:51)_Spook_ Wrote:
(2016-08-09, 18:18)Roby77 Wrote: So for newbie like me #731 build is the best to achieve best video quality ?

Or just implement the patch I linked to.

Does the patch get blown away every time an update is performed?

Same question, and is there a "dummies" guide on how to install the "patch?" (Never done anything like that before.)

B.
(2016-08-09, 20:45)Brian B Wrote: Same question, and is there a "dummies" guide on how to install the "patch?" (Never done anything like that before.)

B.

Run the following 2 commands in ssh:
Code:
wget -q http://nmacleod.com/public/libreelec/intelhack.sh -P/storage/.config
echo "sh /storage/.config/intelhack.sh &" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

You only need to run it once. It will survive an upgrade. It's not a supported solution (so won't be added to the first post) - this is just a hack and you'll want to remove it if/when a supported solution is implemented.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Milhouse's guide is better Smile Does the same thing. Either way it survives upgrades.
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
(2016-08-09, 20:24)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-08-09, 10:59)_Spook_ Wrote: But this patch (autostart.sh) re-enables that on intel again, right?

https://github.com/MilhouseVH/LibreELEC....llrange.sh
Exactly... in combination with the use limited setting.

I'm expecting black level to be at 16 (16-255) when the "use limited setting" is selected.
I also expect black level to be at 0 (0-255) when "use limited setting" is not selected.

Do you concur?
This is exactly what kodi does! but the world is not perfect, it does not control your TV (it can also be limited or full, with zero influence from us) and second - kodi does not control the GPU driver, which can influence this again.

TV: your job
GPU-driver: LibreELEC's job
kodi: Output full range if Use Limited not ticked, output limited range if use Limited is ticked <- done, implemented working.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-08-09, 22:18)fritsch Wrote: This is exactly what kodi does! but the world is not perfect, it does not control your TV (it can also be limited or full, with zero influence from us) and second - kodi does not control the GPU driver, which can influence this again.

TV: your job
GPU-driver: LibreELEC's job
kodi: Output full range if Use Limited not ticked, output limited range if use Limited is ticked <- done, implemented working.

This should be mainstream code and not a user applied patch (band-aid). How do we make it happen?
I have no idea. The dropped patch, already checked the system configuration and if it found an intel gpu, it set the driver value correctly.

If that comes back into LibreELEC, the only thing that needs to be implemented is setting the "Use Limited Range" value to a working default, but (!) even with it set wrong by default, every user can change that value by selectin use limited range and it does what user expects on Linux.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0809: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.7.0 #1 SMP Tue Aug 9 21:21:46 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160809211949-#0809-gf808232 [Build #0809]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (f808232f, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (b6f74c38, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. ffmpeg: Bump to 3.1.2-Krypton-Beta1 (6da2f5f)
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • linux: delete SMK IR receiver patch (PR:618, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • RenderSystemGLES: Remove unused abs64 function (PR:10233, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoPlayer: make IsCaching thread safe (PR:10263, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • [depends] expat 2.2.0 (PR:10250, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • FFmpeg: Bump to 3.1.2-Krypton-Beta1 (PR:10262, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [cmake] Update Effects11 and Build it with CMake instead VS (PR:10254, 3 commits, 36 files changed)
    • [cmake/win32] Don't find system wide installed mysqlclient on Windows (PR:10194, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. xbmc/master (FernetMenta):
    • New commits in this build:
      • VideoPlayer: fix horizontal scaling of DebugRenderer (d0743dc1)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • VideoPlayer: remove some dead code (b53f8939)
      • AE: change definition of AEStream::GetCacheTime (367eb457)
      • VideoPlayer: fix early stall of audio stream, sync is now in AE (3836cb0d)
      • VideoPlayer: passthrough fixes (5c518ec2)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: ffmpeg: Bump to 3.1.2-Krypton-Beta1 (6da2f5f)
    • Added: [env] patch: init: mount per-client boot/disk if available & configured
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-08-09, 22:43)fritsch Wrote: I have no idea. The dropped patch, already checked the system configuration and if it found an intel gpu, it set the driver value correctly.

If that comes back into LibreELEC, the only thing that needs to be implemented is setting the "Use Limited Range" value to a working default, but (!) even with it set wrong by default, every user can change that value by selectin use limited range and it does what user expects on Linux.

Frankly I could have lived with the wrong default for the minority of users (nvidia being the minority) and just have them (nvidia) flip to the correct setting, but the comments on the now closed PR seemed to be suggesting this wasn't a good solution which is why I closed it (in addition, discussing this makes my head hurt so if the patches aren't complete/agreed then I won't be wasting any more of my time on it).

If however using the wrong default for nvidia users isn't considered to be such a bad idea then perhaps the PR can be reopened.
Wasn't better to make build for Intel and other one for Nvida/Amd ? (If i's possible....and you have time for it)
(2016-08-09, 23:55)Roby77 Wrote: Wasn't better to make build for Intel and other one for Nvida/Amd ?
For one minor GUI setting? No chance.
(2016-08-09, 21:45)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-08-09, 20:45)Brian B Wrote: Same question, and is there a "dummies" guide on how to install the "patch?" (Never done anything like that before.)

B.

Code:

You only need to run it once. It will survive an upgrade. It's not a supported solution (so won't be added to the first post) - this is just a hack and you'll want to remove it if/when a supported solution is implemented.

thank you, easy enough and anyone that bothers to read the forum will have no problem implementing this!
Page 100 Smile </end>
(2016-08-10, 00:21)nuc-LE Wrote:
(2016-08-09, 21:45)Milhouse Wrote:

B.

Code:

thank you, easy enough and anyone that bothers to read the forum will have no problem implementing this!

Yes!

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-08-09, 23:56)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-08-09, 23:55)Roby77 Wrote: Wasn't better to make build for Intel and other one for Nvida/Amd ?
For one minor GUI setting? No chance.

No sorry i was speaking about this patch

https://github.com/MilhouseVH/LibreELEC....4633899d84

Btw i will try your hack

Or as someone already asked a script during setup to choose between Intel setup or Nvidia / Amd

Ps: to remove your patch...only delete autostart.sh and intel.sh ?
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11