• 127(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Hi Ed

Well firstly the reboot I would be pretty sure is a hot reboot so it does not go through the EmbER logo boot up screens but reboots straight to your KODI home screen. This is probably due either to a corrupt add-on, and the problem will therefore be unique to running just that offending add-on, or it can be due to a poor internet connection at the time causing some streaming data corruption. You will need to try and diagnose which is the likely culprit. If it is just with one add-on then uninstall it and do a hard cold full power off/on reboot. Then reinstall that add-on and see if the problem has gone away. If not then let us know which add-on is causing the problem and I will check out my end too. You may find a fix by carrying out a factory restore from the EmbER settings front page screen and then restoring from an earlier EmbER backup that was taken before this problem occurred. Last ditch is to reinstall EmbER V3.0.1 and OTA upgrade it to V4.0.0, as your EmbER activation code is in a protected area of memory and will not be lost, even after unbricking boxes it will still be there from my experience..

As to the Remote Communication error then I can tell you this is nothing to worry about and will cause no detrimental effect. It relates to your remote control unit and is caused by the warm reboot completing before the remote control has completed its connection to your box. Probably by the time you read that error message it has already synced and your remote is working normally. It is a little insignificant bug you can ignore. Not sure if that will be fixed with V4.0.1 which is at least a month away I am informed. Anyway hope that helps and anyone else here who is worried about getting that remote communication error message.
Cheers
Raymw
Thanks Ray. I thought it was a troublesome addon. I'll have a play around and try and figure which one it is.

Sent from my iPhone
After plugin in the TL-WN723N wifi dongle on my atv520e Ember was successfully showing the settings and I was able to ran the configuration wizard successfully. I enabled the LAN connection as well. I guess LAN connection is by default disabled. That's why I wasn't getting an IP address through it. Now that this box is working like a champ.. thank you all for the help. I will upgrade to the new version soon.

I have another box btw. Its an AirTie 7100 STB from out IPTV provider after discontinuation of service the box was lying unused.So i opened it and found bcm7413 SOC which is same chip used in VU+ UNO. Would Ember work on this device?
Does anyone know if there is any firmware out there for S812 chips, other than Android?

Sent from my iPhone
Hi Folks

Hoping one of you gurus or someone from the dev team can help!
I have a Sumvision branded ATV1200 box which I've been using both the original MX Linux builds and the Ember public builds on for some time and thought it would be good to donate to receive the OTA update of v4.0.
One issue I've had since running the v3.0 build is that the reboot from the shutdown menu and also the reboot to recovery feature in Ember settings doesn't seem to work. When I select reboot from the shutdown menu the screen goes black but doesn't complete the reboot (just seems to hang with the green activity light still on until I physically remove the power supply.)
Also if i select the reboot to recovery or restore to factory settings in the ember system settings menu nothing seems to happen either.
Having donated and gone through the OTA update process at the end of the download when it gets to the reboot cycle image, again nothing happens (it just sits on the scrolling image until I either cancel out of the reboot or pull the power)
I also can't boot into recovery mode from powerup (holding in the reset) it boots to startup everytime I've tried.

Until i fix this issue I won't be able to complete the update to V4 which is quite frustrating!
Also tried re-installing v3.0.1 from scratch (spent a few hours on reverting to the original android firmware, clearing out all userdata in recovery, etc) then re-installed firstly the original MX-Linux build, then Ember 3.0.1 but the issue is still there with the reboot function problem.

Everything else functions perfectly so there just seems to be a corruption or bug with the reboot on my box.
Has anyone else experienced this on an ATV1200 box or similar G02 ref unit?

Thanks in advance
(2016-08-11, 07:20)ed_davidson Wrote: Does anyone know if there is any firmware out there for S812 chips, other than Android?

Sent from my iPhone

Which device ed?
Press THANK USER if I Help
(2016-08-08, 18:29)Gecja Wrote: ........... I will upgrade to the new version soon.

Hi, I want to know if you managed to upgrade to the new version 4.0.0 Ember, and I want to do an upgrade at atv520e, if moves well for this box?
Ember 4.0.0 is Kodi 16 Jarvis?
(2016-08-11, 11:11)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2016-08-11, 07:20)ed_davidson Wrote: Does anyone know if there is any firmware out there for S812 chips, other than Android?

Sent from my iPhone

Which device ed?

Sent from my iPhone
It's a matricom gbox g2 and also a minix Neo x8-h plus.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-08-11, 11:20)cristyz Wrote:
(2016-08-08, 18:29)Gecja Wrote: ........... I will upgrade to the new version soon.

Hi, I want to know if you managed to upgrade to the new version 4.0.0 Ember, and I want to do an upgrade at atv520e, if moves well for this box?
Ember 4.0.0 is Kodi 16 Jarvis?

Yes it will as long as you have a suitable WiFi USB dongle that is compatible with the firmware then no problem. I have now got my brand new ATV520e working thanks to getting a TPLink WN725N dongle (it seems the WN723N is not longer available) and it rocks WiFi wise by the way. I have now sold at a special low price this otherwise never used new box to recoup my initial trade price, WiFi dongle and Ember Registration outlay, and the customer is delighted with it (I nearly kept it as a spare box too as it worked so well in testing). The TPLink WN727N WiFi dongle does NOT work with these boxes so avoid that model.

Simply register with EmbER and activate then go to the EmbER Settings update screen and select Check for Updates and it should then allow you to download and install the latest EmbER 4 indeed with KODI 16.1 Jarvis.
Cheers
Raymw
(2016-07-05, 09:11)raymw Wrote: Then you probably have a corrupt memory allocation somewhere. Usually you can tell if you look at System|System Information in the Storage section you will note that half of your system cache storage has likely been used up (usually about 100MB - 120MB) and you are not able to get into recovery mode to clear it. Best to start afresh with these sort of probelms, by clearing your box and you can do that by following my How to Unbrick your ATV1200/1220 box post above and on Page 1 of this thread. But from my experience with similar corrupt boxes that would not go into recovery mode or read an SD card with new firmware on, then you may not have to open you case and short any pins but just make the SD boot card exactly as detailed and then use that in your box with the reset button held in 10-15 secs as you power up as normal. That should I reckon get you into recovery mode.

Once in recovery mode than carry out the full factory reset option and also the Cache wipe option too. You can then power down teh box and install EmbER V3.0.1 from an SD card in the usual way and it should work for you and take you to your EmbER normal boot up. Once all is working then you really should register with EmbER and get an activation code. Carry out the activation procedure and you will be able to update to EmbER 4.0.0 which I think you will find the remote should then be working. Still recommend using the remote.conf file you can download form my Dropbox as mentioned above. This works well and also usefully with all the remote number buttons then working for any numeric input you need to make, that may not be the case with the default remote.conf with EmbER 4 though not 100% certain of that..

If you still cannot get your remote working then it is probably faulty or batteries falt or not correctly installed. If you are still stuck post a picture of your remote here so we know which one you are using. There were I believe only two standard type remotes ever issued for the ATV1200

Hope that helps you vtecatalan.

Hello everyone, and especially to raymw.

I have been busy these last weeks and I have not been able to dedicate time to these tasks.

I followed the advice of raymw, and tried to start clear my box. Comment that I wasn't successful with the closed box, so I had to resort to open it to make a unbrick using pins 6 and 7.
Not in the first attempt, but if after some the more I could enter the menu of android. After this the device left with the LED in red, and however much I try to make the unbrick unsuccessful.

I used the " BootcardMaker.exe " tool to format the SD card and then I followed the steps as such, but I get nothing. I have no HDMI signal.

Someone comes up with something you can be doing incorrectly or that this forgetting some way?

Is recoverable box or can and throw it away?

Thanks for everything.
I have libreelec on a MXQ M12 metal case box and want to put ember on it. What would be the process for doing so. Does anyone have a revert to android file to go from libreELEC to Android or can I flash on EmbER directly??
(2016-08-13, 03:31)ed_davidson Wrote: I have libreelec on a MXQ M12 metal case box and want to put ember on it. What would be the process for doing so. Does anyone have a revert to android file to go from libreELEC to Android or can I flash on EmbER directly??

All original android firmware can be downloaded from
http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/
Press THANK USER if I Help
Thanks AuxBox. Any idea on my previous post about S812 chips

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-08-12, 19:44)vtecatalan Wrote: Hello everyone, and especially to raymw.

I have been busy these last weeks and I have not been able to dedicate time to these tasks.

I followed the advice of raymw, and tried to start clear my box. Comment that I wasn't successful with the closed box, so I had to resort to open it to make a unbrick using pins 6 and 7.
Not in the first attempt, but if after some the more I could enter the menu of android. After this the device left with the LED in red, and however much I try to make the unbrick unsuccessful.

I used the " BootcardMaker.exe " tool to format the SD card and then I followed the steps as such, but I get nothing. I have no HDMI signal.

Someone comes up with something you can be doing incorrectly or that this forgetting some way?

Is recoverable box or can and throw it away?

Thanks for everything.

You say you could get to the main recovery screen Huh If so your box is no longer bricked, if indeed it ever was. Once in recovery screen then do the factory reset and clear cache too as well to be sure. Then you should be able to install EmbER V3.0.1

If you do NOT get to the normal recovery screen, as I was not sure whether you did or not, then you must try to unbrick again a few times taking great care to follow instructions to the letter and using no more than say an 8 GB or better 4GB (as I used) SD card to make the special bootable card. Then make sure that you definitely are shorting those two marked pins 6 and 7 by making sure, with the box switched off, that you clean the pins of any insulation clear coating that may be on them. Don't forget to hold in the recessed reset button the whole time whilst you short the pins and connect the power to the box. You may need an extra set of hands of course or find a way to wedge the reset button in safely (i use a toothpick wedged between the chassis case and the reset button at the back to ensure it is held pressed in),

If it still keeps failing and you get no display on your TV screen at all, then it would seem that your box has damaged hardware, usually as a result of nearby lightening as rarely do these boxes ever fail hardware wise. Cannot help much more only to say that the unbricking procedure if followed to the letter has never failed as long as the ATV1200/1220 box was not hardware damaged. I have unbricked about 10 now both 1200s and 1220s, and other folk have reported full success too.

If you want then you can ship just the box only to me here in Thailand in a suitable jiffy bag with extra bubble wrap for safely. I can then attempt to unbrick it for you, install Ember and return it to you by registered airmail. Please PM me for details as I do offer this service normally just for my non local customers. If it cannot be fixed then clearly it will need binning and your only cost would be your shipping costs to send it here to me. There will be no charge from me if no fix is possible. If fixed then you will need to send me my charges for unbricking and upgrading your box to EmbER with all my latest suite of add-ons and settings, and which includes the EmbER registration fee and return international registered airmail packing and shipping, PM me for details if you want to take advantage of this.
Cheers
Raymw
  • 127(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5