Cant launch games with krypton (controller problem)
Hi guys, I always used kodi to launch some games and also for RBC.

Problem is, the way krypton handles controllers, it keep receiving command from xbox controller even when is minimized or in second plane.

So, while you are playing a game, you are sending controllers commands to kodi also, so you can end up with all your movies deleted, settings changed or who knows what.
Let me move it where the dev sees it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks Smile
@Martijn do you think we should make this a setting? Some users require Kodi to accept controller input in the background. Maybe an advanced setting?
Well, tried to disable controller plugins, but no luck, cant be disabled. So RBC is broken atm.

I think this should be turned off by default, there is no way for the end user, to tell if background controller keys are on. So, it can cause more problems than solutions.
(2016-07-31, 02:30)garbear Wrote: @Martijn do you think we should make this a setting? Some users require Kodi to accept controller input in the background. Maybe an advanced setting?
Could you elaborate in which usecase the input in background is necessary?
(2016-07-29, 18:12)Martijn Wrote: Let me move it where the dev sees it

Martijn, please reference this in the bugtracker. I logged it several months ago and I think this is possibly the same issue:

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16719

The workaround is to use a scrip similar to the Steam launcher that disables Kodi entirely, but that may not be feasible in all cases.
This was my problem with launching games using Advanced Launcher as well. What usually happened is that multiple instances of games were launched until the computer crashed. I ended up disabling the controller in Kodi as a temporary fix.

Sent from my iPhone
Hope a fix comes, dont want to go back to 16.1 Sad
I plan to rebase RetroPlayer on 17 alpha 3 in the next week or two. I'll add a setting to "enable background joystick input" and have it default to off. I'll also get this fix into master before 17 final is released.
Thanks. Will wait for that Smile

If you have time, remember to check the "back" and "b" button doing the same. There is no easy way to go back to homescreen on krypton with xbox 360 controller. If you are navigating through folders, you press "back" and goes to the previous folder.
You can remap the controller just like the keyboard using the new joystick.xml. The current joystick.xml was created by a user (longelf I think). If you make any improvements, share them here and I'll include them in RetroPlayer.
Thanks.

Well, changing this:

<back>Back</back>

For this:

<back>PreviousMenu</back>

Makes much more sense. Now you have a proper way to go back to homescreen wherever you are on kodi.

--------------------

Dont know how to exit a game in retroplayer, cause only can load a gamethe first time, then I get playback bar with no game showing on screen. I have to re open kodi and will load again a game, only the first time. So, didnt tried too much until next build.

But, will be great to have a combo button to exit any game on retproplayer. Not sure is this has to be hardcoded on kodi first. Something like L+R+BACK+START
(2016-08-05, 18:45)trihy Wrote: Well, changing this:

<back>Back</back>

For this:

Makes much more sense. Now you have a proper way to go back to homescreen wherever you are on kodi.

Like this? b1454ac

(2016-08-05, 18:45)trihy Wrote: Dont know how to exit a game in retroplayer, cause only can load a gamethe first time, then I get playback bar with no game showing on screen. I have to re open kodi and will load again a game, only the first time. So, didnt tried too much until next build.

Can you check with the builds I'll upload later tonight if this is still a problem?

(2016-08-05, 18:45)trihy Wrote: But, will be great to have a combo button to exit any game on retproplayer. Not sure is this has to be hardcoded on kodi first. Something like L+R+BACK+START

This needs to be hardcoded in Kodi. Adding L+R+Start+Back to quit the game is on my list of things to do.
(2016-08-12, 07:30)garbear Wrote:
(2016-08-05, 18:45)trihy Wrote: Well, changing this:

<back>Back</back>

For this:

Like this? b1454ac

Yes
(2016-08-12, 07:30)garbear Wrote:
(2016-08-05, 18:45)trihy Wrote: Dont know how to exit a game in retroplayer, cause only can load a gamethe first time, then I get playback bar with no game showing on screen. I have to re open kodi and will load again a game, only the first time. So, didnt tried too much until next build.

Can you check with the builds I'll upload later tonight if this is still a problem?

Sure, i´ll try as soon as it gets online.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant launch games with krypton (controller problem)0