• 26(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
(2016-08-11, 23:40)loggio Wrote:
(2016-08-11, 23:18)Jönke Wrote: No , not fresh , updated a couple of days ago. Beta 1
Milhouse nightly builds ?
Yes!

(2016-08-11, 23:56)loggio Wrote:
(2016-08-11, 23:18)Jönke Wrote: No , not fresh , updated a couple of days ago. Beta 1

Can you do me a favour and navigate to /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database backup and remove all addon .db files

Reboot, re-enable spotify and test... This should work.
After that, go through and re enable your addons 1 by 1 testing spotify after each to see if it still works.
Install some skins too, Eminence, Titan etc...
After all said and done you can just restore your old .db files

Are you saying it doesnt work for you on a fresh Krypton rpi build ?
I use Confluence and have some addons.
I will not go though them 1 by 1 but i can try a fresh install on a spare sd card with a copy of spotify addon data folder if you says it not working for you?
(2016-03-22, 21:31)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-22, 21:27)Jönke Wrote: How to use on Raspberry pi with Openelec ? ( has no webbrowser)

There is a small workaround to try if you have another client which actually does have a browser:
1. install the spotify client on a pc with a browser
2. open the spotify client and accept the authentication request in the browser.
3. now, on the filesystem navigate to kodi userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify and copy the cache file to the same location on your pi

I didn't test this but it's worth a shot If it works it might be an idea if I create an option to specify a custom path to the cache file because the token gets refreshed from time to time.

I tried to do this. Logged in on my Windows PC with browser and logged in. In neither the map C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\userdata nor map C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons i can find the plugin.audio.spotify. Also looked on My Samsung Galaxy S6, but did not find any file called plugin.audio.spotify .

I do have a Spotify Premium Account and want to try this workaround on my Raspberry Pi (since I can't authenticate using webbrowser).

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
(2016-08-12, 11:29)Jönke Wrote:
(2016-08-11, 23:40)loggio Wrote:
Milhouse nightly builds ?
Yes!

(2016-08-11, 23:56)loggio Wrote:

Can you do me a favour and navigate to /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database backup and remove all addon .db files

After that, go through and re enable your addons 1 by 1 testing spotify after each to see if it still works.

I will not go though them 1 by 1 but i can try a fresh install on a spare sd card with a copy of spotify addon data folder if you says it not working for you?

I'm saying that it will work in a fresh install.

As soon as you start enabling addons it will break.
Ok , good then you will have to hunt down your breaking addon Smile
None of mine addon breaks Spotify
(2016-08-12, 13:42)rkoijen Wrote: I tried to do this. Logged in on my Windows PC with browser and logged in. In neither the map C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\userdata nor map C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons i can find the plugin.audio.spotify. Also looked on My Samsung Galaxy S6, but did not find any file called plugin.audio.spotify .

I do have a Spotify Premium Account and want to try this workaround on my Raspberry Pi (since I can't authenticate using webbrowser).

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

You will need to copy the folder located in c:\users\YOURUSER\appdata\kodi\userdata\addon_data
(2016-08-12, 15:13)loggio Wrote:
(2016-08-12, 11:29)Jönke Wrote:
(2016-08-11, 23:40)loggio Wrote: Milhouse nightly builds ?
Yes!

(2016-08-11, 23:56)loggio Wrote: Can you do me a favour and navigate to /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database backup and remove all addon .db files

for me, only the skin change breaks spotify, other addons like amazon, youtube etc. does not
(2016-08-13, 15:55)oledb0815 Wrote:
(2016-08-12, 15:13)loggio Wrote:
(2016-08-12, 11:29)Jönke Wrote: Yes!

for me, only the skin change breaks spotify, other addons like amazon, youtube etc. does not

Ok so, if you change back to estuary does spotify work again or does it stay broken?
And may I ask what skin you tried?
when I change back it is broken, restoring the db files and re-activation of Spotify than it works again....
Titan & Enigma 2
(2016-08-14, 14:15)oledb0815 Wrote: when I change back it is broken, restoring the db files and re-activation of Spotify than it works again....
Titan & Enigma 2

Ok, thanks.

I had to clarify that it wasn't just me experiencing this weird problem with the .db file.
I find it very strange that it works on a fresh .db file, then installing or enabling a skin causes it to break.
I should also note that the addon only started acting like this for me since it was last updated through the repo, before that the only problem was that it took a while to load a song, but it still played them.

All good, we're running alpha builds afterall, this is to be expected!

Cheers,
Loggio.
Can it be controlled with ios Kodi Remote?

So, I want to install the spotify into Kodi on HiMedia Q10 Pro and control it with iPad over iOs Kodi remote app.
Works like hell in himedia q10 pro. Also can work with ios kodi remote.

Thank you mate !!
Hi All, i've checked back on the threads and noticed a few people have had the same issue but apart from the plan of uninstall, delete plugin info and reinstall there doesn't seem to be a workround for the Ascii error on OSX running 16.1. I have only normal letters in my username and password (apart from a capital M) and my account isn't through facebook.

Can anyone confirm they have this working on El Capitan on 16.1?

Thanks
I noticed that, it doesn't play next song automatically.

I have to queu them. Is there a way to solve this?
Hello,
I try to run this Addon on my openelec PC (x86 Intel)
but I can't pass the authentification step...
pleas can you help me with a step by step process?
thanks
Hello again,
I've fixed the install, and now spotify plays my playlists well! great!!
another question:
Is there a way to have my Kodi/spotify detected as an audio renderer by my other Spotify devices through spotify connect?
thank you again
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17