• 78(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
Thanks for the eplanation @garbear .

I will try today builds and see how it goes.

Remember about turbo buttons for nes profile.
BTW, there is a possibility that other skins gets updated for add the game category? Seems confluence skin is missing this.
(2016-08-12, 14:49)TRiON Wrote: Just tried the latest version, but too bad there are no pvr addons in the installer Sad so going back to normal version again, hope the next build will have PVR stuff included so i can watch tv.

Your wish has been granted. The new builds contain pvr add-ons.

(2016-08-12, 14:49)TRiON Wrote: Btw, Imon works normal here, no errors, display functions normal and remote functions normal as well. So that bug is fixed i guess?

Thanks, I'll strike that one from the list

(2016-08-12, 22:52)trihy Wrote: Remember about turbo buttons for nes profile.

We use the libretro API for input. Can you find a NES core in RetroArch that allow turbo buttons?

(2016-08-12, 22:57)trihy Wrote: BTW, there is a possibility that other skins gets updated for add the game category? Seems confluence skin is missing this.

The games category will be in v18. Skins will be updated for v18 as we get closer to release. (v17 is still in beta, so v18 is a long time away.)
Any additional controller stuff that should be in Krypton? I'd rather have it as early in beta as possible. Likely the keymap addons need to be updated in repo as well?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
After merging rumble ( PR9663 ) the only controller code missing from Krypton is the fixes in PR10261 .

The keymap is joystick.xml in Kodi's system/keymaps folder, which might need updating (like this user's addition).

Button maps are stored with peripheral.joystick. It'd be nice if we could get more button maps by release time. What's the best way to collect these? action in settings that runs a python script that uploads button maps to a server?

Controller add-ons need to be made consistent: Some are Up-right-down-left, some are Up-down-right-left. What do you think we should do?

1. Map all hats, analog sticks and C-buttons in up, right, down, left order
  2. Map all hats, analog sticks and C-buttons in up, down, right, left order
  3. Something else

I think #1 is best for analog sticks. Right now, you can move a stick and rotate it clockwise and map all the directions.
I also would vote for #1
RPi3+ LE v9.0 (+ HDHomeRun ATSC tuner, Tvh, Comskip, zap2epg)

A95X LE v8.2 (kszaq)
Not sure about libreto and turbo buttons, but every nes emu supports turbo buttons, including nestopia, fce emu. I dont think is a special feature, they just map like any other buttons, but not sure. Some model of nes controllers had turbo buttons.

On .smc and .gen roms Im getting no emulator found. On add ons list shows 2 or 3 genesis emulators, but seems doesnt want to use them.

Also, there is a way kodi could take exclusive use of the controller while kodi is on first plane? I have some mouse functions with xpadder on 360 controller that conflicts with kodi (ie I have mapped mouse movement to right analog stick and when on kodi, if I move right analog stick I get volume on screen but also the mouse arrow moving around the screen). Somes windows games have the same problem, but some others ignore xpadder and works just fine. So I dont have to close xpadder everytime I use kodi. Good for htpc users.
Hi,

I've been waiting for this to get merged into Kodi for what seems.. forever. Is there a Ubuntu build of this? e.g. apt-get install something?
(2016-08-14, 19:31)tutu Wrote: Hi,

I've been waiting for this to get merged into Kodi for what seems.. forever. Is there a Ubuntu build of this? e.g. apt-get install something?

Show the developer(s) some respect, Rome wasn't built in a day.
(2016-08-14, 21:15)pettson3816 Wrote: Show the developer(s) some respect, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Nobody was suggesting otherwise Angel

Their is a lot of old information floating about, I can't really find anything for linux.
(2016-08-14, 08:06)trihy Wrote: Not sure about libreto and turbo buttons, but every nes emu supports turbo buttons, including nestopia, fce emu.

The idea behind a multi-emulator frontend like RetroPlayer and RetroArch is to turn every emulator into a "core" stripped of everything but core emulation.

This means that cores don't have turbo functionality. This is a good thing, because it would be a mess if every core did turbo differently (and most not at all).

Instead, the frontend implements turbo once and it works for all the cores. This is what RetroArch has done. When turbo is enabled, RetroArch pulses all buttons except for the D-Pads with a duty cycle of 50% every 6 frames (3 frames pressed, 3 frames unpressed).

RetroArch's implementation of turbo buttons is literally 23 lines of code. Copying stuff from other open source emulators, especially RetroArch, is trivially easy to do.

Keep an eye out for more of these kinds of features missing from Kodi!

(2016-08-14, 08:06)trihy Wrote: On .smc and .gen roms Im getting no emulator found. On add ons list shows 2 or 3 genesis emulators, but seems doesnt want to use them.

Are you trying to load .smc and .gen from a network drive or a .zip file? This requires support for Kodi's Virtual FileSystem. You can see which cores have VFS support in the libretro core matrix. It's possible to add VFS support directly to cores, but this is an effort-intensive process that has to be repeated for each core.

When kodi fails to load a game because VFS support is missing, should we notify the user?

(2016-08-14, 08:06)trihy Wrote: Also, there is a way kodi could take exclusive use of the controller while kodi is on first plane? I have some mouse functions with xpadder on 360 controller that conflicts with kodi (ie I have mapped mouse movement to right analog stick and when on kodi, if I move right analog stick I get volume on screen but also the mouse arrow moving around the screen). Somes windows games have the same problem, but some others ignore xpadder and works just fine. So I dont have to close xpadder everytime I use kodi. Good for htpc users.

On Windows, Kodi uses two input APIs: XInput (more recent, for 36-like controllers) and DirectInput (for older controllers). Which one does your controller use? (Note that some controllers let you switch between the two.)
Hi. I have genesis files as zip files. Since nes and snes loaded fine with zip, though it will be the same. Kodi always open the zip and let me select the .gen or whatever is inside. But on this case, says no emulator found.

Will try to unzip.

No network drive here.

About controller, always use xbox 360 wireless controller, so xinput.

Some retail games even confuse this when some buttons are re mapped. For ie in many games as soon as I move the right stick, game think Im moving mouse and right stick at the same time (mouse mapped to right stick on xpadder), giving a weird movement stutter or x2 speed. Other games takes exclusive use and doesnt care about xpadder running on background. I didnt expect kodi to take care of this, since even some retails games cant support this, but since kodi is supporting some top notch features, I though it could be made.
New builds are up. Controller auto-configuration is now smarter. If you map one platform, Kodi will automatically translate the mapping to other platforms.

Also, in the controller configuration dialog, features have been grouped into types (face, shoulder, trigger, analog stick). I think this is a slight UX improvement.

Thanks for new build!

@garbear. I saw now the controller (xbox 360 controllers) vibrates when you turn it on on kodi. I know this because I almost sh*t my pants when 4 controllers vibrated on the table Big Grin

Could you lower the vibration intensity when a controller is detected? I think a soft vibration gives a classy feel.

Thanks again.
(2016-08-18, 05:30)trihy Wrote: Could you lower the vibration intensity when a controller is detected? I think a soft vibration gives a classy feel.

I reduced the duration from 1s to 0.5s and lowered the intensity to 75%. I agree, this feels classier. Should I go even shorter?

New builds uploaded. Notable change is the ability to set deadzone individually for each controller and analog stick.

• 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16