Multiple databases?
New guy, so dumb question.

I've been using EMM for some time and I'm pretty familiar with it from a user standpoint. But, I'm making some media location changes and I'd like to be able to run EMM and look at two different media locations from the same computer, but just not at the same time. Is there any way to point EMM at different databases?
Make a new profile and voila! This is assuming you are using a somewhat recent Alpha version. If you are using a pre-profile version, then you can copy/paste the entire ember install folder to another location, or you could make a batch file to copy/paste the different databases into the correct folder, depending on which database you wanna use.
... only the Alpha version supports multiple profiles.
Okay, I just installed version 1.4.8.0 Alpha 21, however, something is not right. It loads the database, but does show any images in the right pane. No fan art, poster...nothing. If it makes any difference, I installed over the old 1.4.7.2 version. Should I have uninstalled it first?
Okay, I'm stupid. I forgot to check the display boxes.
How do I create a new profile?
Well, I just copied and renamed the Default profile which seems to work. Is that the correct way to do it? I did not find and method within the application.
(2016-08-16, 20:12)TKerr Wrote: Well, I just copied and renamed the Default profile which seems to work. Is that the correct way to do it? I did not find and method within the application.

That would be correct, or you can just create a folder with whatever name, when you start up ember choose that new profile and it'll load the default (empty) settings/database into it.
You should be have one folder that calls "Default". It's not really needed, but in some case Ember fall back to the Default profile folder (e.g. command line using without set another profile).
(2016-08-16, 19:20)TKerr Wrote: Okay, I'm stupid. I forgot to check the display boxes.

You're not stupid, the checkboxes has changed from "Hide" to "Show" to be consistent with the other settings in this area ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple databases?0