Video stops
I upgraded my kodi to jarvis. And while I'm watching a movie and l wana go to other app. When comes back to kodi The video stops.
??
On kodi 15 it was working fine.

Sent from my GT-I9505
Debug Log

EDIT: Disregard the log.
Dude i don't think it's a bug.
While using kodi 15 u can pause the video u r playing and minimize kodi or switch to another app. For example playstore. And comes back to kodi and continue the movie.

Now on jarvis if u do the same thing it quits the video and goes back to the movies list.

Sent from my GT-I9505
Please post in the platform specific sections of the forum. I am not aware of this issue on Linux, OSX, Windows
(2016-08-23, 16:08)devilzeyez Wrote: Dude i don't think it's a bug.
While using kodi 15 u can pause the video u r playing and minimize kodi or switch to another app. For example playstore. And comes back to kodi and continue the movie.

Now on jarvis if u do the same thing it quits the video and goes back to the movies list.

That's by design:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_v16_(Jarvis)_...s_in_focus
Quote: 5.2 ANDROID: Video playback stops when another app is in focus

This is expected behavior for newer Google APIs and how Kodi v16 works. In addition to making sure that the new video decoding APIs are working correctly, this also has the side effect of making sure Kodi doesn't prevent other apps from using video, such as Netflix, even if Kodi is still open.

To prevent this from happening when a video is paused, make sure that Kodi's screensaver is either off or using a screensaver other than "Dim" or "Black". That will prevent the Android screensaver/daydream from becoming active.
Will try it and get back to u
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505
(2016-08-23, 18:02)devilzeyez Wrote: Will try it and get back to u
Thanks
Eh? It's doing exactly what you describe by design.
Switch to another app and the video stops.
The screensaver 'fix' is just to keep a video paused rather than stopped if kodi's still in front.
(2016-08-23, 18:10)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-08-23, 18:02)devilzeyez Wrote: Will try it and get back to u
Thanks
Eh? It's doing exactly what you describe by design.
Switch to another app and the video stops.
The screensaver 'fix' is just to keep a video paused rather than stopped if kodi's still in front.
The thing is it says android 5.2
Which is weird cuz i have the same android kitkat and kodi 15 worked just fine. So I guess it's a kodi problem.

Sent from my GT-I9505
It's not a kodi problem.
It's by design.
It didn't do it in kodi 15 because it wasn't designed to.
It does it in kodi 16 because it is designed to.
Not weird at all.
Use SPMC (wiki). The problem is fixed there.
(2016-08-24, 12:10)Ned Scott Wrote: Use SPMC (wiki). The problem is fixed there.
I heard this one before, but why not fixed in kodi 😕

Sent from my GT-I9505
(2016-08-25, 18:36)devilzeyez Wrote:
(2016-08-24, 12:10)Ned Scott Wrote: Use SPMC (wiki). The problem is fixed there.
I heard this one before, but why not fixed in kodi ?

Sent from my GT-I9505

I doesn't need to be fixed. It is by design. SPMC decided they did not want to go down that route. If you want your video playback to behave that way you need to switch to SPMC.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2016-08-25, 19:07)Dangelus Wrote:
(2016-08-25, 18:36)devilzeyez Wrote:
I heard this one before, but why not fixed in kodi ?

Sent from my GT-I9505

I doesn't need to be fixed. It is by design. SPMC decided they did not want to go down that route. If you want your video playback to behave that way you need to switch to SPMC.

Sort of. SPMC does go down that route, but SPMC is smarter about when to use "MediaCodec (Surface)" or not by default. The fact that video stopped instead of paused wasn't specifically desired when "MediaCodec (Surface)" was added to Kodi, but it is how Surface works.

The only reason SPMC's fix is not in Kodi is because of the conflict between certain Team Kodi members leading Koying to not want to PR the change back into Kodi (where it is likely that there would be further disagreement and conflict). The change is being PR'ed by another developer at the moment, but it's not known if that specific PR will be accepted or not, or if some additional adjustments will be needed.

Even if it's not seen as a bug, the behavior is something that should be "fixed"/improved upon/whatever.
Thanks mate for the info.
Will try spmc, but would love to keep kodi after i did a lot of customizations in it.

Really kodi members should fix that cuz it's so annoying to quit the video. Especially when you are watching something with big size.

Sent from my GT-I9505
The solution for is un install kodi and use spmc.
Everything works fine

Sent from my GT-I9505

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video stops0