• 114(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-08-27, 13:28)Milhouse Wrote: We'll try again with schedutil in 4.8. Smile

well, something to look forward to.

on a side note, "every time" I reboot I get the message about the game repository add-on not being compatible and automatically being disabled.
when I look at the add-on it's it's still enabled but all options except updated and auto-update, are greyed out.

and a cosmetic side note, the LibreElec boot logo is squashed (height vs Width)
Ever since #824 in the Mythtv pvr I can not access my recordings folder. #823 is fine and confirmed. Do the PVR addons need to be updated? Here is a debug log.

http://sprunge.us/AGdj
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
LibreELEC (community) Version: devel-20160825234304-#0825-g20e8843
LibreELEC git: 20e8843a9145d6360ee05c0f9ea2e9d4aed0aceb
Code:
ffmpeg -video_size 1024x768 -framerate 25 -f x11grab -i :0.0+100,200 output.mp4
ffmpeg version 3.1.2 Copyright (c) 2000-2016 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 5.4.0 (GCC)
  configuration: --prefix=/usr --cpu=x86-64 --arch=x86_64 --enable-cross-compile --cross-prefix=/home/neil/projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel/toolchain/bin/x86_64-libreelec-linux-gnu- --sysroot=/home/neil/projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel/toolchain/x86_64-libreelec-linux-gnu/sysroot --sysinclude=/home/neil/projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel/toolchain/x86_64-libreelec-linux-gnu/sysroot/usr/include --target-os=linux --nm=/home/neil/projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel/toolchain/bin/x86_64-libreelec-linux-gnu-nm --ar=/home/neil/projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel/toolchain/bin/x86_64-libreelec-linux-gnu-ar --as=/home/neil/projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel/toolchain/bin/x86_64-libreelec-linux-gnu-gcc --cc=/home/neil/projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel/toolchain/bin/x86_64-libreelec-linux-gnu-gcc --ld=/home/neil/projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel/toolchain/bin/x86_64-libreelec-linux-gnu-gcc --host-cc=/home/neil/projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel/toolchain/bin/host-gcc --host-cflags='-O2 -Wall -pipe -I/home/neil/projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel/toolchain/include -Wno-format-security' --host-ldflags='-Wl,-rpath,/home/neil/projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel/toolchain/lib -L/home/neil/projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel/toolchain/lib' --host-libs=-lm --extra-cflags='-march=x86-64 -m64 -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -pipe -Os -fexcess-precision=fast -mmmx -msse -msse2 -mfpmath=sse' --extra-ldflags='-march=x86-64 -m64 -Wl,--as-needed ' --extra-libs= --disable-static --enable-shared --enable-gpl --disable-version3 --disable-nonfree --enable-logging --disable-doc --disable-debug --enable-stripping --enable-pic --pkg-config=/home/neil/projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel/toolchain/bin/pkg-config --enable-optimizations --disable-extra-warnings --disable-ffprobe --disable-ffplay --disable-ffserver --enable-ffmpeg --enable-avdevice --enable-avcodec --enable-avformat --enable-swscale --enable-postproc --enable-avfilter --disable-devices --enable-pthreads --disable-w32threads [color=#FF4500]--disable-x11grab[/color] --enable-network --disable-gnutls --enable-openssl --disable-gray --enable-swscale-alpha --disable-small --enable-dct --enable-fft --enable-mdct --enable-rdft --disable-crystalhd --enable-vaapi --enable-vdpau --disable-dxva2 --enable-runtime-cpudetect --disable-hardcoded-tables --disable-memalign-hack --disable-encoders --enable-encoder=ac3 --enable-encoder=aac --enable-encoder=wmav2 --enable-encoder=mjpeg --enable-encoder=png --disable-decoder=mpeg_xvmc --enable-hwaccels --disable-muxers --enable-muxer=spdif --enable-muxer=adts --enable-muxer=asf --enable-muxer=ipod --enable-muxer=mpegts --enable-muxer=null --enable-encoder=libx264 --enable-encoder=libxvid --enable-encoder=mpeg4 --enable-encoder=mpeg2video --enable-demuxers --enable-parsers --enable-bsfs --enable-protocol=http --disable-indevs --disable-outdevs --enable-filters --disable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --disable-frei0r --disable-libopencore-amrnb --disable-libopencore-amrwb --disable-libopencv --disable-libdc1394 --disable-libfaac --disable-libfreetype --disable-libgsm --disable-libmp3lame --disable-libnut --disable-libopenjpeg --disable-librtmp --disable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --disable-libtheora --disable-libvo-amrwbenc --disable-libvorbis --disable-libvpx --disable-libx264 --disable-libxavs --disable-libxvid --enable-zlib --enable-asm --disable-altivec --disable-neon --enable-yasm --disable-symver
  libavutil      55. 28.100 / 55. 28.100
  libavcodec     57. 48.101 / 57. 48.101
  libavformat    57. 41.100 / 57. 41.100
  libavdevice    57.  0.101 / 57.  0.101
  libavfilter     6. 47.100 /  6. 47.100
  libswscale      4.  1.100 /  4.  1.100
  libswresample   2.  1.100 /  2.  1.100
  libpostproc    54.  0.100 / 54.  0.100
Unknown input format: 'x11grab'
Still like be chnage from "Added: [env] PR:657: ffmpeg: add indev x11grab_xcb" are not implemented
(2016-08-27, 15:24)pyrodex Wrote: Ever since #824 in the Mythtv pvr I can not access my recordings folder. #823 is fine and confirmed. Do the PVR addons need to be updated? Here is a debug log.

Should be a fix in tonight's build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-08-27, 16:46)piotrasd Wrote: #825
LibreELEC (community) Version: devel-20160825234304-#0825-g20e8843
LibreELEC git: 20e8843a9145d6360ee05c0f9ea2e9d4aed0aceb
Still like be chnage from "Added: [env] PR:657: ffmpeg: add indev x11grab_xcb" are not implemented

It was added in #0826, not #0825.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-08-27, 15:02)jan-g Wrote:
(2016-08-27, 13:28)Milhouse Wrote: We'll try again with schedutil in 4.8. Smile

well, something to look forward to.

on a side note, "every time" I reboot I get the message about the game repository add-on not being compatible and automatically being disabled.
when I look at the add-on it's it's still enabled but all options except updated and auto-update, are greyed out.

and a cosmetic side note, the LibreElec boot logo is squashed (height vs Width)

Yes, it's annoying and hopefully something that will be fixed in the change that introduced this behaviour.

As for the boot logo being squashed, some devices simply boot into weird default resolutions - it's likely a combination of your TV and/or your device/BIOS settings. You can try forcing a resolution by adding "fbset=1080" or "fbset=720" to the kernel command line (syslinux.cfg or extlinux.cfg, depending on your installation).
@Milhouse

I only mentioned the squashed logo because some time ago I tried one of the "official" alphas (think it was alpha 2) and this dripping logo had the right proportions.
(2016-08-27, 07:45)fritsch Wrote: @wizziwig: Please check the nightly build, milhouse included the 8bpc patch chris wilson posted.

That patch does nothing. I think he has a bug in the code. I will post on the tracker.

Regardless, even if you correct the patch, all he's doing is disabling deep color (36-bit) output. That won't matter for Kodi today because your frame buffer is 24-bit anyway. In the future if Kodi decides to use a 30-bit or higher frame buffer for HDR, etc. you will be faced with the same bug again. Better if Intel fixes this properly now.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build (Generic): #0827
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.7.2 #1 SMP Sun Aug 28 00:38:43 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160828003726-#0827-g7cef50d [Build #0827]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (7cef50da, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (608220dc, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes FernetMenta "VideoPlayer" patches
  • Includes latest kodi-platform master (c8188d82)
  • Includes latest libcec master (62b8520c, ahead +15)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (fac3a954, ahead +34)
  • Includes latest p8-platform master (041a8c6c, ahead +1)
  • Includes latest addons: inputstream.mpd (7898a672), inputstream.rtmp (9c05b8dd), inputstream.smoothstream (b63ecbb4), peripheral.joystick (ff088653, +25), pvr.argustv (299088b5), pvr.demo (01c68c88), pvr.dvblink (ea3d98cc), pvr.dvbviewer (f72c62ff), pvr.filmon (675c2b4e), pvr.hdhomerun (eef1bd15), pvr.hts (48b2e261), pvr.iptvsimple (a4c52558), pvr.mediaportal.tvserver (1042a71c), pvr.mythtv (b1b426f3), pvr.nextpvr (4dabcf41), pvr.njoy (b5d65655), pvr.pctv (d6d969fe), pvr.stalker (bb9c0b10, +10), pvr.vbox (2750c92a), pvr.vdr.vnsi (40c45dc9), pvr.vuplus (7ab30d34), pvr.wmc (d9eac84f)
  • Includes commits from xbmc/master, ahead +5 (FernetMenta)
  • Exclude [env] kodi-999.99-PR10309.patch: merged upstream
  • Exclude [env] libcec-PR208.patch: Merged upstream
  • Include [env] patch: Add kodi binary addons (pvr, adsp, other)
  • Include [env] patch: Don't build ADSP addons
  • Include [env] patch: Bump included addon versions to prevent online updates
  • Include [env] patch: Add experimental splash video for RPi
  • Include [env] patch: HACK: Disable multiple PVR addons during migration. Always enable inputstream.* and os.*
  • Include [env] PR:535: init: Add upgrade check to avoid incompatible upgrades [RFC,WIP]
  • Include [env] PR:641: kodi: update to 17.0-beta1-81d5d26
  • Revert [env] 46b9b7b3: rtmpdump (Reason: use newclock5 bump)
  • Include [pkg] 441217d8: logging: Add microsecond timer to log messages (kodi)
  • Include [pkg] patch: drm/i915: Fixes and diagnostics for Braswell (linux)
  • Include [pkg] patch: [skin.estuary] Hide watched items on home (kodi-theme-Estuary)
  • Include [pkg] patch: drm/i915: Limit the depth of the display pipeline to the framebuffer (linux)
  • Include [pkg] PR:404: VAAPI / VDPAU: Add deinterlacing methods to processInfo (kodi)
  • Include [pkg] PR:8645: [video] Add season/TV show artwork to episodes/seasons even if they have their own fanart.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8824: videodb: fix smart playlists not honoring "Show empty TV shows" setting.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8922: [guiinfo] extend ranges for listitem properties
  • Include [pkg] PR:10157: [WIP] Double the backslash in mysql in case we're in 'LIKE'
  • Include [pkg] PR:10325: [estuary] - show buffering progress in video full screen
  • Include [pkg] PR:10335: skin migration and addon compatibility checking
  • Include [pkg] PR:10339: VideoPlayer: fix and cleanup deinterlacing methods
  • Include [pkg] PR:10342: [PVR] Recordings window: Fix recording groups not working (regression introduced by #10333)
  • Include [pkg] PR:10345: check for kodi.inputstream version
Build Highlights:
  1. Revert schedutil governor
  2. Fix for recordings window
  3. VAAPI/VDPAU deinterlace fixes for Video Settings and Player Process Info dialog
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • projects/WeTek_Hub: disable Android drivers (PR:664, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • image: fakeroot chokes on image names with meta chars (PR:663, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • spotify-connect-web: add avahi login (PR:660, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • projects/WeTek_Hub: render GUI at 1080p for 4K output (PR:665, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • WeTek_Hub: enable built-in bluetooth (PR:666, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • Revert "Generic/RPi2: Switch to schedutil CPUFreq governor" (PR:667, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • ffmpeg: add indev x11grab_xcb (PR:657, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • use final redirected path for internet streams (PR:10236, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • [linux] fix high CPU usage with nvidia cards (PR:10343, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [pkg] PR:404: VAAPI / VDPAU: Add deinterlacing methods to processInfo (kodi)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:10339: VideoPlayer: fix and cleanup deinterlacing methods
    • Added: [pkg] PR:10342: [PVR] Recordings window: Fix recording groups not working (regression introduced by #10333)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:10345: check for kodi.inputstream version
(2016-08-27, 23:41)wizziwig Wrote:
(2016-08-27, 07:45)fritsch Wrote: @wizziwig: Please check the nightly build, milhouse included the 8bpc patch chris wilson posted.

That patch does nothing. I think he has a bug in the code. I will post on the tracker.

Regardless, even if you correct the patch, all he's doing is disabling deep color (36-bit) output. That won't matter for Kodi today because your frame buffer is 24-bit anyway. In the future if Kodi decides to use a 30-bit or higher frame buffer for HDR, etc. you will be faced with the same bug again. Better if Intel fixes this properly now.

Yes. It's a shortterm solution. The idea was: Don't run 36 bit if the framebuffer is 24 bit only. We will see. I would be happy to get a working version of this patch into kernel 4.7 stable - so that LE has that fixed. Perhaps some background: Currently the following happens: The 8 bit input is interpolated to 12 bpc and then later down dithered to the display - which I find quite suboptimal, especially in combination with kodi where we only output RGB 8 bit.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'm just building a htpc and have been following this thread. is the amd rx 460 supported yet in these builds?
(2016-08-28, 08:12)fritsch Wrote: Yes. It's a shortterm solution. The idea was: Don't run 36 bit if the framebuffer is 24 bit only. We will see. I would be happy to get a working version of this patch into kernel 4.7 stable - so that LE has that fixed. Perhaps some background: Currently the following happens: The 8 bit input is interpolated to 12 bpc and then later down dithered to the display - which I find quite suboptimal, especially in combination with kodi where we only output RGB 8 bit.

Agreed, the patch is the right thing to do when using 8-bit FB. It's also more bandwidth efficient. In Windows, Intel doesn't output 12-bit over HDMI unless the frame buffer format is 16-bit floating point so no sense doing anything different in Linux.

I'm still trying to work on the original bug and need some accurate timings of the screen refresh rate. Is that displayed somewhere inside the Kodi UI or from shell? I need something measured with a timer. Not the theoretical refresh that's computed from the modeline parameters. I need the real-time delta between v-syncs or true FPS.

If there's a similar measured audio rate that would be helpful too. When you tell the hardware to play at 48,000 samples per second, there is usually some drift in the clock due to temperature variation so it ends up playing at like 48.050 for example. Is that measured and reported somewhere?
(2016-08-28, 09:04)atoulmin Wrote: I'm just building a htpc and have been following this thread. is the amd rx 460 supported yet in these builds?
I believe so: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=n...is-Updates

Linux 4.7.2, Mesa 12.0.1, latest available amdgpu 1.1.0.

(Don't blame me if you buy the card and it doesn't work, although we'll happily work with you to get it working!)
(2016-08-28, 10:13)wizziwig Wrote:
(2016-08-28, 08:12)fritsch Wrote: Yes. It's a shortterm solution. The idea was: Don't run 36 bit if the framebuffer is 24 bit only. We will see. I would be happy to get a working version of this patch into kernel 4.7 stable - so that LE has that fixed. Perhaps some background: Currently the following happens: The 8 bit input is interpolated to 12 bpc and then later down dithered to the display - which I find quite suboptimal, especially in combination with kodi where we only output RGB 8 bit.

Agreed, the patch is the right thing to do when using 8-bit FB. It's also more bandwidth efficient. In Windows, Intel doesn't output 12-bit over HDMI unless the frame buffer format is 16-bit floating point so no sense doing anything different in Linux.

I'm still trying to work on the original bug and need some accurate timings of the screen refresh rate. Is that displayed somewhere inside the Kodi UI or from shell? I need something measured with a timer. Not the theoretical refresh that's computed from the modeline parameters. I need the real-time delta between v-syncs or true FPS.

If there's a similar measured audio rate that would be helpful too. When you tell the hardware to play at 48,000 samples per second, there is usually some drift in the clock due to temperature variation so it ends up playing at like 48.050 for example. Is that measured and reported somewhere?

You can "misuse" ActiveAE for measuring it. Basically turn off Sync Playback to Display and see how often the clock gets corrected. Btw. chris pushed the original hdmi-audio tree, which is now building fine.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-08-27, 16:56)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-08-27, 15:24)pyrodex Wrote: Ever since #824 in the Mythtv pvr I can not access my recordings folder. #823 is fine and confirmed. Do the PVR addons need to be updated? Here is a debug log.

Should be a fix in tonight's build.

Confirmed in 827 as working. Thanks Milhouse and team!
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
  • 114(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11