v16 Dependency issue with AppTV 1.3.5
Bug 
Ok, I have been away for the weekend and have only just noticed this, so this is just my initial take on the issue.

AppTV, includes support of a number of external scripts to provide additional skin functionality. Some of these scripts have been made dependencies as I feel the functions they provide are important to the user. One of these functions is the Debug Log uploader. As it turns out this script has not been working for some time and late last weeks was marked as broken in the various repos. The result of this is that when a user tries to download the skin for the first time, the dependency for the Debug log uploader can not be met and so my skin can not be loaded.

OK, that's the bad news. Now for the good news. People are working on fixing the uploader script, so this may be fixed in the next day or so. Now for the really good news. I am about to make a pull request in the next couple of days for version 1.4.5 of AppTV. One of the feature of the new release is apart from the skin.helper script (which is very heavily used in the new release and will break the skin if it is not available) is that I have remove the need for dependencies of external scripts. Now if a user tries to use a function that requires an external script that has NOT already been loaded by something (or the user), Kodi will ask the user if they would like to load the script.

The advantage of this is that you only load what you want to use and there should be no more problems like has just occurred (oh, also user can unload the scripts without my skin blocking the action because of a dependency).

So in short, sit tight. Either problem with 1.3.5 will resolve itself, or the New, Better, Much improved version of the skin (1.4.5) will be available for download.

Sorry about the inconvenience, but completely outside of my control.
Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
fyi there's already another log Uploader in repo now that actually works.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-08-29, 07:28)Martijn Wrote: fyi there's already another log Uploader in repo now that actually works.

I see Kodi Logfile Uploader from 08/24, v 0.0.1 and this has not fixed the AppTV issue. Best to wait for new AppTV from it's outstanding developer.
(2016-08-29, 15:49)bmasucci Wrote: [quote='Martijn' pid='2403671' dateline='1472448515']
fyi there's already another log Uploader in repo now that actually works.
thanks for the heads up Martijn, have included the new uploaded script in place of the old broken one. Will be used by 1.4.5 when released.

Quote:I see Kodi Logfile Uploader from 08/24, v 0.0.1 and this has not fixed the AppTV issue. Best to wait for new AppTV from it's outstanding developer.
bmasucci, Yep that's the new script alright, but will not fix the dependency issue with 1.3.5. Skin will still be asking for the old version and not finding it as it is listed as broken. 1.4.5 release should not be too far away and now references the new version of the script instead.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dependency issue with AppTV 1.3.50