v16 Resume playback issue
Hello,

i have a strange playback Thing with Kodi Jarvis 16.1.

No matter if im playing a movie from my NAS via SMB or Upnp, Kodi dosnt resume the Video. Kodi always starts from the beginning.
I testes this on my Amazon Fire TV Box and under ubuntu.

Also i set the Options Defult select Action to "resume" which i read here http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Videos

I tried it also with the advancedsettings.xml but resume dosnt work.

Is there a Problem with resuming playback under Jarvis 16.1?

Thx in advance!
There is no problem with this in 16.1. When you stop a movie the current position gets saved.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hello,

thanks for your quick answer. So theres no problem with resume Play in Kodi 16.1. Ok, but have you any idea why it not works in my case? What can this be?

Someone any idea?

Thx in advance!
Right now, we do not own crystal ball

debug log (wiki) will be needed
Moanbag is in da place!
(2016-08-29, 16:58)Gracus Wrote: Right now, we do not own crystal ball

debug log (wiki) will be needed

Will prepare the logfile and post it in this thread.

Thx for help!
Hello,

so i tested it now and activated the debuging logging. I tested the same file locally and on my Synology NAS. Locally its resuming but over the network not. Thats strange. Before i dont tested this locally because im streming all from my NAS.

So heres the logfile. The filename is "PS4 World of Tanks Sherman Jumbo Spartan High Caliber Steel Wall 2466 damage 264.mp4".

Maybe you can see the reason why its not resuming via network.

Thx again in advance.

<iframe src="//pastebin.com/embed_iframe/6EzGvR9w" style="border:none;width:100%"></iframe>
Had many issues with kodi 16
The best solution for me is to use spmc

Sent from my GT-I9505
(2016-08-30, 15:16)devilzeyez Wrote: Had many issues with kodi 16
The best solution for me is to use spmc

Sent from my GT-I9505

Thx for the info. Always god to know a alternative. But i hope somebody can tell me whats the Problem with the log, because i only have this Problem with kodi. Other things. IPTV, EPG, playing movies from nas is working without any problem.

Only this resume issue is killing me.
Dont search longer (if somebody really take a look on the logfile)

I found the problem. From the internal Kodi filebrowser its not possible to resume playback (i know that this is normal).
When i add a source to video, its resume works whe the source is from an SMB share. Via UPNP it DOSNT work.

So this is ok for me and i can live with this.

Bad thing: When i finished wathing a movie and wanna delete it, i have to go to the filebrowser to delete it. Cant delete it from video source. In video source i can mark an movie as "seen" but this flag is not shown in the filebrowser. A little bit complicated stuff.

Thx for help!
(2016-08-30, 17:46)oluja Wrote: Dont search longer (if somebody really take a look on the logfile)

I found the problem. From the internal Kodi filebrowser its not possible to resume playback (i know that this is normal).
When i add a source to video, its resume works whe the source is from an SMB share. Via UPNP it DOSNT work.

Bad thing: When i finished wathing a movie and wanna delete it, i have to go to the filebrowser to delete it. Cant delete it from video source. In video source i can mark an movie as "seen" but this flag is not shown in the filebrowser. A little bit complicated stuff.

Thx for help!
enable "allow deleting library items"in settings
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-08-30, 17:53)Martijn Wrote:
(2016-08-30, 17:46)oluja Wrote: Dont search longer (if somebody really take a look on the logfile)

Thx for help!
enable "allow deleting library items"in settings

Thank you very much. This solved my problem! :-) No im happy!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resume playback issue0