• 24(current)
Release reFocus 3.x for Jarvis
Hi Jeroen - I have a quick question: I'm running Jarvis 16.1 with ReFocus 3.2.5 on a MacOS Sierra beta 4 (build 16A270f). All is working really well - I did a fresh install of >everything<, and configured the ReFocus UI as per usual. I have a wee glitch in that once the homescreen fanart slide show starts and gets to a couple of images in, the background goes black. The interface menu elements are there, and I have your skin set to tell me which movie/TV show is being displayed: but the artwork a black. I had a wee trawl though the forum, but couldn't find anything related - is this something you have encountered? I fully accept that this may well be down to using a beta OS, but though I'd ask at least.
On a separate note - did you every get your RaspberryPi 3? Mine is in a box as I'm mid-house move, but your skin ran very well on it.
All the best for now,
Dunc
Some more widget view would be nice?
Please. Unless I'm missing something, there is only 1 widget view right?
(2016-08-06, 21:29)donut4000 Wrote: Hi Jeroen - I have a quick question: I'm running Jarvis 16.1 with ReFocus 3.2.5 on a MacOS Sierra beta 4 (build 16A270f). All is working really well - I did a fresh install of >everything<, and configured the ReFocus UI as per usual. I have a wee glitch in that once the homescreen fanart slide show starts and gets to a couple of images in, the background goes black. The interface menu elements are there, and I have your skin set to tell me which movie/TV show is being displayed: but the artwork a black. I had a wee trawl though the forum, but couldn't find anything related - is this something you have encountered? I fully accept that this may well be down to using a beta OS, but though I'd ask at least.
On a separate note - did you every get your RaspberryPi 3? Mine is in a box as I'm mid-house move, but your skin ran very well on it.
All the best for now,
Dunc

I have the exact same blank artwork issue. Are you using mysql to link a few systems by chance? I think this may be related. It started happening once I updated to Jarvis 16.1. I have attempted dropping all tables in db and re-creating, but still have the same problem as soon as I connect the second machine (raspberry pi2). It seems that sometimes this function of the skin can't find the artwork associated with the title. I mentioned this in this very thread months ago when it first started happening, and I just revisited it again today to see if I could fix (fully re-install both workstations from scratch and wipe db) but it brought me back to reading the thread. Any luck in fixing this? I have 1 raspberry pi2 and one Windows machine accessing a Synology (MariaDB).

Edit:
I found this in the debug log. Not sure if it's related. The time stamp of the error was right around the second(s) that the black artwork showed up:
WARNING: XFILE::CDirectoryFactory::Create - unsupported protocol(image) in image://http%3a%2f%2fthetvdb.com%2fbanners%2ffanart%2foriginal%2f75497-2.jpg/

This might shed some light:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=2377155

Edit2:
I made some rough changes to have the skin use Skin Helper Service to provide the same function for movie + tv backgrounds including title in bottom corner. If anyone needs help with this, let me know.
(2016-08-25, 04:51)knewknow Wrote: I have the exact same blank artwork issue. Are you using mysql to link a few systems by chance? I think this may be related. It started happening once I updated to Jarvis 16.1. I have attempted dropping all tables in db and re-creating, but still have the same problem as soon as I connect the second machine (raspberry pi2). It seems that sometimes this function of the skin can't find the artwork associated with the title. I mentioned this in this very thread months ago when it first started happening, and I just revisited it again today to see if I could fix (fully re-install both workstations from scratch and wipe db) but it brought me back to reading the thread. Any luck in fixing this? I have 1 raspberry pi2 and one Windows machine accessing a Synology (MariaDB).

Edit:
I found this in the debug log. Not sure if it's related. The time stamp of the error was right around the second(s) that the black artwork showed up:
WARNING: XFILE::CDirectoryFactory::Create - unsupported protocol(image) in image://http%3a%2f%2fthetvdb.com%2fbanners%2ffanart%2foriginal%2f75497-2.jpg/

Edit2:
I made some rough changes to have the skin use Skin Helper Service to provide the same function for movie + tv backgrounds including title in bottom corner. If anyone needs help with this, let me know.

@knewknow
As I have the same problem I'd like to know how exactly you solved the problem by editing skin helper!

Thanks in advance!
(2016-08-29, 21:24)Mr.crunchy Wrote:
(2016-08-25, 04:51)knewknow Wrote: I have the exact same blank artwork issue. Are you using mysql to link a few systems by chance? I think this may be related. It started happening once I updated to Jarvis 16.1. I have attempted dropping all tables in db and re-creating, but still have the same problem as soon as I connect the second machine (raspberry pi2). It seems that sometimes this function of the skin can't find the artwork associated with the title. I mentioned this in this very thread months ago when it first started happening, and I just revisited it again today to see if I could fix (fully re-install both workstations from scratch and wipe db) but it brought me back to reading the thread. Any luck in fixing this? I have 1 raspberry pi2 and one Windows machine accessing a Synology (MariaDB).

Edit:

Edit2:

@knewknow
As I have the same problem I'd like to know how exactly you solved the problem by editing skin helper!

Thanks in advance!

Sure, I don't mind sharing the 2 files that I made changes to, but would rather not post here (unless Jeroen is completely cool with this). I'll send a link over PM if that works... I'll try and get this out to you tonight when I get home.
I would appreciat that!
Just updated from an old version. Everything seems to be working well and my watchlist info seems to have propagated as well.

However, the watch list no longer give the show name. Just the episode title, season #, episode #, date. I swear this used to also give me the show's name as well. So if I want to watch the next episode of Dark Matter is a pain to find it quickly. Is there a setting somewhere to turn on show names for the watch list?

Thanks!
@knewknow
For some reason I can't use PN to answer you - so this way:

Thank you for the files - the fanart wallpaper slideshow is working again!!!

Is there a way to get the logos working with it? If I turn the logos on they appear but don't fit to the fanart.
(2016-09-04, 21:59)Mr.crunchy Wrote: @knewknow
For some reason I can't use PN to answer you - so this way:

Thank you for the files - the fanart wallpaper slideshow is working again!!!

Is there a way to get the logos working with it? If I turn the logos on they appear but don't fit to the fanart.

Yup. I'll do up the logos for you when I find a few minutes... I only made changes to the stuff I use.
Still can't answer the PNConfused

Thank you for your engagement!

On the first try there were no logos. But after downloading the logo via setup again it now works with your modified variables.xml !
Somtimes there is a black wallpaper but a logo - probably a cache problem.

Thanks again, as I can now use 16.1!
(2016-09-06, 20:59)Mr.crunchy Wrote: Still can't answer the PNConfused

Thank you for your engagement!

On the first try there were no logos. But after downloading the logo via setup again it now works with your modified variables.xml !
Somtimes there is a black wallpaper but a logo - probably a cache problem.

Thanks again, as I can now use 16.1!

No problem. Are you still having problems with black backgrounds on occasion?
(2016-09-03, 20:32)breezin Wrote: Just updated from an old version. Everything seems to be working well and my watchlist info seems to have propagated as well.

However, the watch list no longer give the show name. Just the episode title, season #, episode #, date. I swear this used to also give me the show's name as well. So if I want to watch the next episode of Dark Matter is a pain to find it quickly. Is there a setting somewhere to turn on show names for the watch list?

Thanks!

Same here. Almost swapped to this skin as my main but I use the 'in progress' from Trakt but the Show name doesn't appear in this skin unfortunately.
Hi Jeroen,

I only recently moved from Isengard to Jarvis and really like the changes you've made. The only issue is that Tv episode ratings (IMDb) have vanished. In Isengard you'd see the episode rating inside the episode information page. There still is a 'Show TV show ratings' option in reFocus settings, but it doesn't do anything. Also, why isn't episode rating & length not included in the list, like it is with movies?

I would greatly appreciate if you'd look into this.

Ps. Absolutely love your skin, thanks for all the great work!
I just started using this skin from eminence 2.0 mod and must say I love the simplicity. After making a few mods like lowering the horizontal menu bar and such I have a few questions if someone can help guide me through the process.I am a novice when it comes to skinning, though I have gotten better with xml editing.

1) I am not sure if a setting in the skins or an issue with extended info. I am unable to see the cast head shots unless I browse a particular cast member.

2) I was wondering if you could help me create a view similar to thumbnails. I like the thumbnails with the info on the bottom when viewing movies or tv shows. However when searching through menus like say Youtube addon for example, I find it would be easier to have the text be on the thumbnail. Something similar to Mimic skin, which i know you shared some ideas from.

3) Is it also possible to hide the text in the top left the has the video or addon info with items and sorted by date? or will this have a negative effect on the "Working" text when selecting an item.

4) Also can I change the opacity of the blue overlay on fanart when browsing movies, I like the blue but I would like to have the fanart more visible.

5) I notice that I am unable to see the order corner marker for shows the are resumable it is not disabled in settings. How is this function supposed to work
Again I am becoming better with XML editing just need to guidance in the right direction. Also if i mark a season as watched it then marks all the seasons and episodes as watched in kodi and trakt

Thank You
Where can I edit home menu entries? It is not the home.xml.

Can somebody point me in the right direction?
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 3.x for Jarvis2