• 150(current)
Release skin helper service
(2016-08-28, 21:12)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-08-26, 06:32)Magic815 Wrote: I'm using Kodi 16.1, and currently use the Arctic Zephyr skin (Jarvis version). It looks like this 'skin helper service' addon came with the skin.

However, I'm finding that Kodi will hang on exit due to the 'skin helper service'. These are my logs when I try to exit:
http://pastebin.com/9c93Z8yy

I also disabled Arctic Zephyr and disabled 'skin helper service' and I suddently am able to exit Kodi just fine. Is there an issue with this addon that just needs to get fixed? Or am I doing something wrong?

This should not happen at all, the code is created to make sure a clean shutdown happens at all times.
Looking at your log somehow the service gets started again right after it stopped.
Tbh I did not yet hear about this issue before so I'm starting to think something is messed on your end.

One think you could try to rule it all out is to make a backup of your kodu userdata folder, and start fresh (rename or delete the userdata folder).
Only install the skin (and so the skinhelper addon) and look if it quits properly.

One thing that pops into my head is that you have a duplicated version of the addon on your setup, might happen if you install from Git (never do that).

Just did a complete wipe. Installed Kodi 16.1, then installed the 'Arctic Zephyr' skin (I pulled the 'Jarvis' branch from it's GitHub, and installed from zip). It then seemed to exit fine.

I then started bringing back some of addons I was using. I installed Emby, Advanced Launcher, along with some others, and got them setup how I like them, and it's still exiting properly. I'll let you know if I see any freezes in the future, and will provide logs if the time comes.
djhifi:

Skin helper gets all the data from omdbapi, I believe they update once a week.
(2016-08-28, 20:45)sualfred Wrote:
(2016-08-28, 20:42)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-08-18, 19:19)sualfred Wrote: Found an issue with the cast info property. Only happens for few movies in my DB.

The error is now fixed on Git. It crashed because there was no cast info found.

To prevent mistakes: The cast list ignores local stored actor information for the played DBID item? Because that movie has stored cast information in the DB.

Edit:
Did a few tests. The cast list is empty for all videos, which have a special character in their titles. Examples: Déjà Vu, Brücke von Arnheim, Erlöse uns von den Bösen

Forgot to mention:
I'm not calling the script with the DBID. I use the VideoPlayer.Title value -> plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&movie=$INFO[VideoPlayer.Title]&downloadthumbs=true

Edit2:
Found the problem. PR is open -> https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...ce/pull/64
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2016-08-28, 20:49)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-08-20, 19:52)djhifi Wrote: I guess there is:
http://developer.rottentomatoes.com/docs...ie_Reviews

Ah okay, I missed that because currently only OMDBAPI is used to query the overall ratings.
I can add this in within a few weeks but I'd like to know what would be the preferred option for skinners:

1. Have the data available in window props (imo not the best solution).

2. An additional plugin path to get a list of the reviews.You can then use a custom container to list the reviews.

imo option 2 is best so you have a list of listitems with the info set.
e.g.:

ListItem.label --> Name of the reviewer
Listitem.Plot --> Quote of the review
Listitem.Date --> date the review was added
ListItem.Property(freshness)
ListItem.Property(reviewlink)
ListItem.Property(score)

I already posted this on 2 threads regarding skin modification on aeon mq7. They already made an "info" button to show the ratings from all those sites OMDB has. So lets hope they come here to give you feedback, but IMO it would be great!!

(2016-08-29, 05:28)Edworld Wrote: djhifi:

PS: Is it true that skin helper only updates ratings from Rotten Tomatoes and others once a week ?
Small request:
Could you please add a window property for the TVShow IMDB number of the currently playing episode?
I assume it should be easy to fetch it via JSON with the VideoPlayer.TvShowTitle info label.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2016-08-31, 02:10)djhifi Wrote:

Ah okay, I missed that because currently only OMDBAPI is used to query the overall ratings.
I can add this in within a few weeks but I'd like to know what would be the preferred option for skinners:

2. An additional plugin path to get a list of the reviews.You can then use a custom container to list the reviews.

e.g.:

ListItem.Property(score)

I already posted this on 2 threads regarding skin modification on aeon mq7. They already made an "info" button to show the ratings from all those sites OMDB has. So lets hope they come here to give you feedback, but IMO it would be great!!

PS: Is it true that skin helper only updates ratings from Rotten Tomatoes and others once a week ?
I think Implementing this idea would be awesome marcel if you can get the reviews working I'm planning to add a separate window for the list of reviews and other scores for my mod for aeon mq7 in the dialogue video screen which already uses a lot of information from the amazing addon skin helper service, like imdb, imdb top 250 rotten tommatos, medtacritics, etc, this is my mod you can check it out here
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=288301
However If rottentomatos add tv show support to their api, are you planning to add it to the script, because on their website they say tv show support comming soon. Thanks

e.g.:

ListItem.Property(score)

Me too +1 for Option 2. I cant wait for this . Thanks a lot to djhifi for discovering the API, and also thanks to marcel for agreeing to do it.
(2016-09-02, 18:51)VikkiXavier Wrote:

e.g.:

ListItem.Property(score)

Me too +1 for Option 2. I cant wait for this . Thanks a lot to djhifi for discovering the API, and also thanks to marcel for agreeing to do it.

I'm down for option 2 as well, thank you guys all.
Lets just see what marcel feedbacks Smile
(2016-08-28, 20:49)marcelveldt Wrote: Ah okay, I missed that because currently only OMDBAPI is used to query the overall ratings.

e.g.:

ListItem.Property(score)

Also, it would be awesome if there was a separate listitem category, like ListItem.Site, to grab names of the reviewsites, for e.g: New Yorker, The Guardian, The Atlantic, RogerEbert.com, etc.

Just a concept that I created using PS

I've got kodi jarvis 16 and lately when I go to update addons, skin helper service will be stuck at 5% until it eventually just stops trying to update. I don't see any error messages, and the service remains enabled. It currently is on 1.0.100. This is happening on both my fire sticks and my fire tv box running kodi. Any suggestions?

Just a quick heads up, i've confirmed along with skin modder DolGuldur, that as far as we've seen, OMDB API doesn't even update monthly!!

For instance, my The Conjuring 2 is blank on all info except rotten tomatoes since last week. No critics consensus, no number of reviews, no metacritic score, dvd release date, etc etc, only lists outdated IMDB rating + budget, blanked on everything else.

On another test, he confirmed the following:
(2016-09-07, 21:39)DolGuldur Wrote: about omdb I think it's not even updated once a week, I noticed the rating of Hobbit battle of the five armies one month ago and it is still the same now by comparing with imdb

Can anyone confirm this? I can't seem to understand what's the correct ETA for updates. I end up with 2 dif. IMDB ratings (skin one, which is up to date thanks to an addon that uses IMDB api) and outdated one (via skin helper implementation on the skin). And no info for newly released movies. Pretty lame and unaesthetic IMO.

Marcel said the script updates all the info on each restart, ok. But what info? if it's not even available/refreshed monthly? Big Grin

(2016-09-03, 07:41)VikkiXavier Wrote: Also, it would be awesome if there was a separate listitem category, like ListItem.Site, to grab names of the reviewsites, for e.g: New Yorker, The Guardian, The Atlantic, RogerEbert.com, etc.

Just a concept that I created using PS

Love this idea. I would only change 2 things. Create a button for all the information (rottentomatoes, metacritic, flixter and imdb + awards + critics consensus, etc etc) and another button just for the reviews (like you did, except ONLY REALLY SHOWING reviews, no plot, no critic no nothing). Leaving the basic info of the movie (plot, year, duration, bla bla) standard. But i think that would be to copy DolGuldur mod (which i am using) too much Tongue
I have a problem with a PVR recroding which has the wrong Poster. It is "Star Trek" (2009), but the recording is named "Star Trek" and skinhelper finds a Poster from the first Star Trek Movie, which is wrong. When I'm selecting "Refreh item (manually lookup)" and insert "Star Trek" 2009" as the search phrase, it displays the correct Poster. But the fanart and thumb is still the old one.
Isn't it possible, that skinhelper searches fanart.tv for PVR items?
This is the code I'm using
Code:
<texture background="true" fallback="DefaultVideo.png">http://localhost:52307/getpvrthumb&amp;title=$INFO[Container(50).ListItem.Title]&amp;type=poster,thumb</texture>
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2016-09-11, 19:42)Solo0815 Wrote: Isn't it possible, that skinhelper searches fanart.tv for PVR items?
Use this code from script
https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...properties
Code:
Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.PVR.FanArt)
Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.PVR.Poster)
You dont need to use Webservice --> $INFO images inside list/panel containers and image lookups
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
that doesn't work on the list for recordings Sad
What I want is:
If the user searches for a PVR "Artwork" manually with skin.helper, the script should search om IMDB and then grab ALL possible fanart (Poster, Thumb, Fanart, clearlogo etc.). So all artwork is changed for this recording.
Thx
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
  • 150(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18