• 31(current)
Release ESPN 3
(2016-09-03, 15:49)MetalChris Wrote: I think @awaters is on to something with the ACC Extra. You might want to try the development version in post #447 and see if that works for you.

I (think I) installed the development version. I first uninstalled the ESPN3 add-on and repeated the "install from zip-file" process and selected the zip downloaded from github linked in the post you mentioned. The log here: http://pastebin.com/G8WCTU1G is the log from trying to watch something from the ACCExtra division.

Then, I went back and tried to watch something from regular ESPN3 and I think the whole thing died. The on-screen updates to the fps and the CPU and Mem no longer update, and the system is unresponsive. Had to reboot. Here's the .old log file that I hope captured the crash.

http://pastebin.com/GfWpSkvf
@wolfie7873: The raspberry pi probably isn't powerful enough to decode the streams, that may be why it is crashing, try a lower bitrate limit. Also, according to the log file your ISP requires you to log in to view that channel, try authorizing the device.
How do u install this on amazon fire stick using kodi?
(2016-09-04, 03:53)awaters1 Wrote: @wolfie7873: The raspberry pi probably isn't powerful enough to decode the streams, that may be why it is crashing, try a lower bitrate limit. Also, according to the log file your ISP requires you to log in to view that channel, try authorizing the device.

I can watch ESPN just fine, having set the max bitrate to 5K, so i don't think that's the issue. I also (at least at one point) had gone through the process of authorizing the device. It seemed to think it was an AppleTV, but it directed me to a website, which punted me to my ISP to log in, which I did, it gave me a code to enter on the RPi, and that worked fine. Do I need to repeat that process having installed the development version? When I click on "Authorization Details" I see "Authentication Expires 2017-09-01 19:25; DMA: 560 Timezone: America/New_York; Can SSO; false; SSO Abuse: false"
@wolfie7873: Can you get me a list of which channels work and which ones do not within the addon, along with any error messages that you encounter? I think I may have some information confused with other users.
(2016-09-04, 14:25)awaters1 Wrote: @wolfie7873: Can you get me a list of which channels work and which ones do not within the addon, along with any error messages that you encounter? I think I may have some information confused with other users.

The following work as expected:
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPNU
ESPNews
SEC

The following produce this error: "This channel may not be supported by your provider. Would you like to hide this channel?" and then "One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message." :
ESPN Deportes
Longhorn
ACC Extra

Anything from ESPN3 particularly crashes the whole box.
Do ESPN Deportes, Longhorn, or ACC Extra work on official watch espn apps? I'm trying to get an understanding of why certain channels do not work, in my case all of the channels work but I'm not sure if that is due to the cable package that I have.
(2016-09-04, 18:47)awaters1 Wrote: Do ESPN Deportes, Longhorn, or ACC Extra work on official watch espn apps? I'm trying to get an understanding of why certain channels do not work, in my case all of the channels work but I'm not sure if that is due to the cable package that I have.

On the WatchEPSN app, attempts to watch Deportes gives "not a part of your cable plan" and Longhorn is "TWC does not distribute Longhorn on WatchESPN"

However, on the WatchESPN app, everything on ESPN3 and ACC Extra works just fine.
Hi!

I installed the add-on for the first time today on a Rasp pi 3 and doesn't work well.

I installed the latest version but the video freezes constantly. It doesn't matter if i choose the best quality or a 420p @30 stream. It might be related to the Rasp because it works great on a Kodi running on a 2007 iMac
I released 2.9.19 to the custom kodi repository, can you guys try it to see if ACC Extra works? If you never installed the custom addon repository it can be installed with this zip https://github.com/kodi-addons/repo.kodi...addons.zip located at https://github.com/kodi-addons/repo.kodi-addons

I'm not sure why the raspberry pi has issues, the addon passes the video files off to kodi, does other h264 content play ok?
(2016-09-05, 03:18)awaters1 Wrote: I'm not sure why the raspberry pi has issues, the addon passes the video files off to kodi, does other h264 content play ok?

I'm not sure how to determine that. All of my movies are mpeg2, how would I test h264 content?

I've updated to 2.9.19, but we'll have to wait there to be viewable content from either ESPN3 or ACCExtra. There's nothing on right now.
You can try the clips posted http://www.h264info.com/clips.html I don't have a raspberry pi so I cannot provide much more support, my Kodi instance runs off of a x86-64 cpu.
So with 2.9.19 I tried to watch something on ESPN3 and the box froze and rebooted itself.

Still no content to try with ACCExtra

H264 trailer for XMen apocalypse played just fine.
I didn't see anything through the thread, but I'm wondering if anybody is having the same issues I'm having. Before I cut the cord I had ESPN3 on my phone and computer. After I cut the cord I'm trying to switch my ESPN3 access from my old login, to my parents current login. But, from what I've read on other websites, the ESPN3 login sticks with your internet. So, since I've used my login on my wifi, it automatically logs my Kodi in under my old login, and obviously - I don't have any channels available under that login. Has anybody run into this issue before? I feel like I've tried everything. I called DirecTV and had them completely delete my login, but that didn't seem to help. Very frustrating.
@slambam: have you tried "deauthorize this device" from the "Authentication Details" in the content listing within the plug in?
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESPN 32