Problem w/ TV content scraper
First I am a long term Boxee Box user and a newbie trying to made the switch to KODI and I am not a technical person. I have KODI running on my local Win 10 PC.

My problem is with the media content for The Waltons TV series, which is a big time favorite of my wife. I have read you wicki on how to set up the file naming but still can't get the program details to load. Here is how I have the file structure setup.

The Waltons
The Waltons Season 1
The.Waltons.S01E01.The.Foundling
There are 24 episodes in The Waltons Season 1 folder.
I have gone into KODI, Video, Add Files and then selected The Waltons Season 1 folder, selected "TV Shows", with The TVDB and The Movie Database as scrapers.

I then display the season 1 episodes, select view media, but no medial details are being displayed for the individual episodes.

I would really appreciate some help on solving this problem so I can make the switch to KODI.
Thank you
It looks right from the information, although S01 has 25 episodes (the final one, "An Easter Story" is split in two as S01E24 and S01E25) from theTVDB.com information.

Can you gather, upload to Pastebin.com and supply the link to a debug log (wiki) of an attempt at such a scrape?

Also is this the only program that is having an issue, are other ones working ok? Have you got the scraper set for TV Shows, and the "folder contains a single TV series" flag set at the "The Waltons" folder level?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-09-02, 15:25)davet412 Wrote: First I am a long term Boxee Box user

Awesome.. I had 3 at one point back in the day. Now they sit in my garage and collect dust.
DarrenHill
thank you for the reply.
I activated logging on KODI and then removed the video source and the added it again.
I joined Pastebin.com and pasted the log text file, here's the link.
http://pastebin.com/hXT0PnG1

Let me know what you see.
again, thanks for the help.

Sorry forgot you asked about problems with other movie files: So far it appears to only be with the Waltons, but haven't looked at everything. FYI: with Boxee we had the media info.
The log is a private paste - we can't view it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-09-03, 15:53)davet412 Wrote: DarrenHill
thank you for the reply.
I activated logging on KODI and then removed the video source and the added it again.
I joined Pastebin.com and pasted the log text file, here's the link.
http://pastebin.com/hXT0PnG1

Let me know what you see.
again, thanks for the help.

Sorry forgot you asked about problems with other movie files: So far it appears to only be with the Waltons, but haven't looked at everything. FYI: with Boxee we had the media info.

Below is how I have done it on my setup and all is working as it should:

The Waltons
Season 1
The_Waltons-s01e01-The_Foundling

Notice the use of _ & - also the season and episode is in lowercase.
Underscores, periods, and spaces are entirely interchangeable with Kodi.
(2016-09-03, 16:36)DarrenHill Wrote: The log is a private paste - we can't view it.

Sorry Darrenhill, I change the paste to public - let me know if you can see it now.
The XBMChub repo is a banned add-on (wiki) repo here.

No support is offered for any install contaminated with stuff from that list of their ilk.

Before we can help the setup needs to be cleaned up and a new log posted if the issue persists.

Kodi Blog Posts
It looks like it's trying to look up the series name from the episode file name, which is weird. Maybe you've "set content" on the wrong folder level?
(2016-09-04, 16:00)DarrenHill Wrote: The XBMChub repo is a banned add-on (wiki) repo here.

No support is offered for any install contaminated with stuff from that list of their ilk.

Before we can help the setup needs to be cleaned up and a new log posted if the issue persists.

DarrenHill, sorry for the infraction, as I said I am new. So I uninstalled Kodi and did a fresh install, still have the same problem. I pasted a new log file, here's the link;
http://pastebin.com/FJkDieBV

Thanks for your patience.
(2016-09-04, 23:59)Ned Scott Wrote: It looks like it's trying to look up the series name from the episode file name, which is weird. Maybe you've "set content" on the wrong folder level?

I set the content for The Waltons Season 1
Will try to understand...

Here is your folder structure:

The Waltons
--------Season 1 (useless IMO)
-----------------------The Waltons S01E01
-----------------------The waltons S01E02
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
--------Season 2 (still useless IMO)

So why do you try to add source with "The Waltons Season 1" folder?
If you use this folder Kodi will try to scrape a TVshow named "the walton season 1" which obviously does not exist

You should add source straight from "The Waltons"

And If you have a root TVshow folder with multiple TVshow in it, you should even use this one as source in order to have Kodi scrape all your TV show
Moanbag is in da place!
(2016-09-05, 15:06)Gracus Wrote: Will try to understand...

The Waltons

If you use this folder Kodi will try to scrape a TVshow named "the walton season 1" which obviously does not exist

I have a main folder titled "The Waltons" and then a sub folder titled "The Waltons Season 1" that has the individual season 1 episodes. The content scrapper is pointed to "The Waltons Season 1" - is this correct?
(2016-09-05, 15:16)davet412 Wrote:
(2016-09-05, 15:06)Gracus Wrote: Will try to understand...

The Waltons

I have a main folder titled "The Waltons" and then a sub folder titled "The Waltons Season 1" that has the individual season 1 episodes. The content scrapper is pointed to "The Waltons Season 1" - is this correct?

NOPE!

If you only have "the waltons" as TV show, scrapper should be pointed to the main folder called "the waltons"

If you have other TV shows than "the waltons", you should put them all in a root folder and point the scrapper to this folder
Moanbag is in da place!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem w/ TV content scraper0