• 48(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
Recommended, proven micro SDHC Cards, that are cost effective and work well are the Class 10 UHS-1 Samsung EVO(+) and Sandisk ones. Smile

I will be buying a few Kodi approved boxes for my 5 tv's. I just ordered a Mimix U1 based on information contained, in this thread..
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B018ZAZ...UTF8&psc=1
Are there any boxes, that you can recommend, that come with rca connectors.
I have a couple of 32" tube tv's that are too heavy to move, without wreckin them...lol
Thanks again for the info..
Rpi has composite out, but on recent models it is on the same plug as the analogue audio.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-09-11, 00:56)nickr Wrote: Rpi has composite out, but on recent models it is on the same plug as the analogue audio.

Raspberry PI?
Heard of it don't know anything about it.
I will look into it.
Udate....
Looks like it would be another project....
I am currently falling behind with too many projects already.

Thanks Thou
(2016-09-10, 10:35)Smokin_Joe Wrote: Are there any boxes, that you can recommend, that come with rca connectors.

HiMedia Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro have;

Kodi Mediaplayer; Sony KD-55A89 4K Android TV
They do..Thanks HereIsTom
They look a little pricey but it gives me hope
Update+++Shopmaster 3000 says I can get better pricing out of China...lol
I will look into them
Again Thanks Tom
You have been a big help.
The Tight Ass way of doing it is to use the Headphone Plug on a TV and use a RCA Y-Cable from Headphone Socket.

(2016-09-11, 18:33)wrxtasy Wrote: The Tight Ass way of doing it is to use the Headphone Plug on a TV and use a RCA Y-Cable from Headphone Socket.
lol
True
lol
The HiMedia Q's look like they have the power and good stuff worth the money.
Good answer wrxtasyBig Grin
I have a little hdmi rca converter I have used for my Roku stick.
I would use it as a last resort.
+++Update+++ Himedia offers a number of good boxes that all offer RCA connectors and HDMI 2
Good Performers for even less money..WhhooHoo
This is a great help HereIsTom
It's been a long time since I've last checked out this hardware recommendation thread. Really nice work!
Thx. Nate Smile

(2016-09-12, 01:19)Smokin_Joe Wrote: +++Update+++ Himedia offers a number of good boxes that all offer RCA connectors and HDMI 2
Good Performers for even less money..WhhooHoo
This is a great help HereIsTom
You're welcome, I'm more then happy with my HiMedia Q10 Pro!
Kodi Mediaplayer; Sony KD-55A89 4K Android TV
(2016-09-11, 02:15)Smokin_Joe Wrote:
(2016-09-11, 00:56)nickr Wrote: Rpi has composite out, but on recent models it is on the same plug as the analogue audio.

Raspberry PI?
I will look into it.
Udate....

Thanks Thou
Hardly a ”project”. Buy, clip into case, write SD card, plug SD card, power supply, network cable and composite cable. Done.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-09-13, 02:06)nickr Wrote:
(2016-09-11, 02:15)Smokin_Joe Wrote:

Raspberry PI?
I will look into it.
Udate....

Thanks Thou
Hardly a ”project”. Buy, clip into case, write SD card, plug SD card, power supply, network cable and composite cable. Done.
Throw a few disabilities into the mix, top it with some age and voila...it's a project
Just looking at the H8 (Octa-core)
Seems good enough for one of my tv's.
Anybody know of an issue with these.
I have 1 Minix Neo UI coming.
I need a total of 5 boxes for the tv's.
Need two with RCA
If anyone knows of problems with the Himedia H8 Octacore please post.
Joe
(2016-09-13, 03:30)Smokin_Joe Wrote: Throw a few disabilities into the mix, top it with some age and voila...it's a project
You should have mentioned this earlier as now the only Kodi device I recommend is the nVIDIA Shield.
Why, because it runs Android TV OS and Android Apps that do not require the use of a complicated, confusing Air Mouse. These Air Mice are a PITA for use on a big screen TV, especially in your use case. The Shield is Plug n Play.

Control is by use a D-Pad, consisting of left, right, up, down and enter. It could not be any easier. Definitely steer clear of regular Android Lollipop only systems like the Q10 Pro.

The other point I will make is LibreELEC Kodi runs better than Android Kodi. There are far less complications in an Appliance like LibreELEC Kodi box that using regular Android Lollipop devices. No Air Mice again need to be used with LibreELEC.

Basing you choices on devices with only RCA connectors is going to lead you into trouble with Air Mice and sub optimal boxes.

• 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28