• 7(current)
Win FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement
(2016-09-15, 14:01)GlennNZ Wrote: Link to file sharing site - and zip the log as will be long
What happens if you double click the taskbar icon ? (Sounds like gave minimise always on)
Glenn.

Sent from my iPhone
ok, please seemy last post
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
Thanks for this. It has made me very happy indeed. I have a few questions/requests
1) Is it possible to remove the big "Frontview+" splash on startup? I'm trying to keep my main screen as black as possible
2) Can I make the progress bar of the current view time bigger? I like to see how long there is left to view but cant make out the numbers
3) Would it be possible to hook this up to Steam for when I'm playing games?

Thanks again!
Also, when I am not running Kodi, it shows a screen with kodi as a large button and then video/resolution/reboot on the bottom right. How can I make this go back to the normal home screen?
(2016-09-15, 13:58)tehax Wrote: Sorry, nothing. I think i give up.
Follwing remarks:
- i run on win 8.1, 64bit
- i use AMD RX 460 for first display
- Skylake iGpu Intel graphics HD 530 on 2nd screen with VGA connection
- program does only start in tray, not on the screen. I have to change the display projection to only pc screen by typing win+p
- de-install routine leaves folders and rests in users/roaming and programsx86
- it seems tool does not find resolution settings on 2nd display from imon display
- finding updates ends with loading error in client.wyc file (corrupt)
Zitat:
The client data file (client.wyc)failed to open.
Full details:
Die Datei "C:\Program Files (x86)\FrontView+\iuclient.iuc" konnte nicht gefunden werden. (could not be find)

How can i add the log here in forum?

Log file: here

Thanks for the log.

Also the picture - the picture looks very much like a windows DPI setting issue.
see here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2039676

But also - It appears you have not selected a display or a resolution (one or both) in the settings screen.

Its likely you have tried to - but setting not saving as there is a empty setting somewhere which is causing saving to fail. I'll change this to make more robust - but meanwhile you need to make sure that all settings boxes/including fanart settings pull-down menus have a selected option (particularly when upgrading) before saving. If not saving will fail. (will look at more checks here soon)

The log indicates that there is no selected display.

You can also force the resolution by changing these settings below: in the settings.xml file in %appdata%/FrontView+

<DMPelsWidth>0</DMPelsWidth>
<DMPelsHeight>0</DMPelsHeight>

Glenn
(2016-09-16, 00:18)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2016-09-15, 13:58)tehax Wrote: Sorry, nothing. I think i give up.
Follwing remarks:
- i run on win 8.1, 64bit
- i use AMD RX 460 for first display
- Skylake iGpu Intel graphics HD 530 on 2nd screen with VGA connection
- program does only start in tray, not on the screen. I have to change the display projection to only pc screen by typing win+p
- de-install routine leaves folders and rests in users/roaming and programsx86
- it seems tool does not find resolution settings on 2nd display from imon display
- finding updates ends with loading error in client.wyc file (corrupt)
Zitat:
The client data file (client.wyc)failed to open.
Full details:
Die Datei "C:\Program Files (x86)\FrontView+\iuclient.iuc" konnte nicht gefunden werden. (could not be find)

How can i add the log here in forum?

Log file: here

Thanks for the log.

Also the picture - the picture looks very much like a windows DPI setting issue.
see here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2039676

But also - It appears you have not selected a display or a resolution (one or both) in the settings screen.

Its likely you have tried to - but setting not saving as there is a empty setting somewhere which is causing saving to fail. I'll change this to make more robust - but meanwhile you need to make sure that all settings boxes/including fanart settings pull-down menus have a selected option (particularly when upgrading) before saving. If not saving will fail. (will look at more checks here soon)

The log indicates that there is no selected display.

You can also force the resolution by changing these settings below: in the settings.xml file in %appdata%/FrontView+

Glenn

Okay further to my reply above

Have uploaded a new build which fixes some of the save settings being Blank issue and also forces FrontView+ to be HpiDpiaware - as per the link above.
Also few other fixes.

Try that (on usual link)
https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/releases

If that fails - try the

setting as above - changing both to the width and height of your screen.

Glenn
(2016-09-15, 21:22)allanmb Wrote: Thanks for this. It has made me very happy indeed. I have a few questions/requests
1) Is it possible to remove the big "Frontview+" splash on startup? I'm trying to keep my main screen as black as possible
2) Can I make the progress bar of the current view time bigger? I like to see how long there is left to view but cant make out the numbers
4) Also, when I am not running Kodi, it shows a screen with kodi as a large button and then video/resolution/reboot on the bottom right. How can I make this go back to the normal home screen?
Thanks again!

Hey - Thanks for the feedback.
1. Its only there for a few seconds on startup? Still must be pretty blank! Possible to add setting, but time probably best spent elsewhere - unless a flurry of similar blank-seeking individuals!
2. Time Bigger or Bar Bigger? Time does have a setting - its the TextSize in Settings/Display Tab under NowPlaying Screen: Cover size, Text Size, Logo Size.
3. Steam - difficult and probably comes back to time issue. Also would have likely have to be separate remote connection; which would mean would have to manually connect to it from kodi/emby etc.
(any similar steam software - which I might have a look at?)
4. It defaults to this screen when no remote connection - as you need to set one up/connect one.
It may be that MinimiseAlways setting is the best option for you or fanart for that matter.
MinimiseAlways - true - essentially only shows the NowPlaying screens - when NowPlaying finishes it minimises FrontView to taskbar.
The usage for others (who were steam-players as well) is that you can then have something else under/on same screen potentially steam related. (Showing Temp/CPU whatever you like running) And then when running Kodi - on starting playback - the NowPlaying screen appears Thoughts?

Glenn
just installed FrontView+ 1.99 beta and the dim function doesn't work for me. LCD i'm using is the one from Zalman 160XT Plus case so it's the same as yours (SG7). and yeah that's a pity.

Ps. What resolution you're using?? for me the best is 800x600 cause when setting 1024x768 everything goes little bit out of screen.

Lukasz
(2016-09-16, 08:00)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2016-09-15, 21:22)allanmb Wrote: Thanks for this. It has made me very happy indeed. I have a few questions/requests
4) Also, when I am not running Kodi, it shows a screen with kodi as a large button and then video/resolution/reboot on the bottom right. How can I make this go back to the normal home screen?
Thanks again!

1. Its only there for a few seconds on startup? Still must be pretty blank! Possible to add setting, but time probably best spent elsewhere - unless a flurry of similar blank-seeking individuals!
2. Time Bigger or Bar Bigger? Time does have a setting - its the TextSize in Settings/Display Tab under NowPlaying Screen: Cover size, Text Size, Logo Size.
3. Steam - difficult and probably comes back to time issue. Also would have likely have to be separate remote connection; which would mean would have to manually connect to it from kodi/emby etc.
4. It defaults to this screen when no remote connection - as you need to set one up/connect one.
It may be that MinimiseAlways setting is the best option for you or fanart for that matter.
MinimiseAlways - true - essentially only shows the NowPlaying screens - when NowPlaying finishes it minimises FrontView to taskbar.
The usage for others (who were steam-players as well) is that you can then have something else under/on same screen potentially steam related. (Showing Temp/CPU whatever you like running) And then when running Kodi - on starting playback - the NowPlaying screen appears Thoughts?

Glenn

Thanks for the replies.
1) Yes it is only a few seconds but I've disabled windows logo, spinning circles, login screen etc. I guess I could take a look at the source and see if I could add in the option easily. What language is this being developed in?
2) I want the time bigger. I'll have a look at the text size and see if that helps, thanks :-)
3) I figured that might be a problem. I'm not sure of any other software off-hand but I can tell what all my friends are playing etc. so it could be achieved using the friends API if it's publicly available...
4) That MinimiseAlways sounds like it could work actually, That could also allow me to have my cpu/gpu temp displays on that monitor :-)
(2016-09-16, 08:08)Czaja0 Wrote: just installed FrontView+ 1.99 beta and the dim function doesn't work for me. LCD i'm using is the one from Zalman 160XT Plus case so it's the same as yours (SG7). and yeah that's a pity.

Ps. What resolution you're using?? for me the best is 800x600 cause when setting 1024x768 everything goes little bit out of screen.

Lukasz

Yeah - big pity - but the new screen GeChic 1002 as above is quite a bit larger and DDC control works well. Along with proper Touchscreen - which the SG7 couldn't quite get right.

Fits in my cabinet well (slightly bigger the the whole Zalman 160XT Plus case) and have moved Zalman case to behind class doors.

On the Zalman 160XT Plus case was using 1024x768 without any sizing issues. Was some Hz refresh rate issues though and needs to be quite low (I think 59hz?).
Could try setting the size in settings.xml file here: (to see if helps)

<DMPelsWidth>1024</DMPelsWidth>
<DMPelsHeight>768</DMPelsHeight>

Glenn
(2016-09-16, 08:42)allanmb Wrote:
(2016-09-16, 08:00)GlennNZ Wrote:
Thanks again!

Glenn

Thanks for the replies.
1) Yes it is only a few seconds but I've disabled windows logo, spinning circles, login screen etc. I guess I could take a look at the source and see if I could add in the option easily. What language is this being developed in?
2) I want the time bigger. I'll have a look at the text size and see if that helps, thanks :-)
3) I figured that might be a problem. I'm not sure of any other software off-hand but I can tell what all my friends are playing etc. so it could be achieved using the friends API if it's publicly available...
4) That MinimiseAlways sounds like it could work actually, That could also allow me to have my cpu/gpu temp displays on that monitor :-)

Thanks.
1. C# it is on github - but will have a look - easy enough to delete the skin file - probably do that for you. I'll change the splash logo to skinable (much like the title is now) and then you can just replace it in a skin with a blank png. (away in a bit, but will do so on return)
2. Text size - does change title and time. Can look at separate sizes for both if needed.
3. Will have a look around at Stream - but it sounds like 4. might be the best option
4. Thats why I originally added it - must say wasn't my usage but can see the value.

Glenn
I tested new revision. Storing settings worked. But the other issues are still present. Only start in tray, no window opens, doubleclick the icon does not work. The entry of the window size in settings.xml works but the text in it stays in same big size. To deaktivate high dpi value in propertys also don not work, there is no change.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
(2016-09-16, 10:28)tehax Wrote: I tested new revision. Storing settings worked. But the other issues are still present. Only start in tray, no window opens, doubleclick the icon does not work. The entry of the window size in settings.xml works but the text in it stays in same big size. To deaktivate high dpi value in propertys also don not work, there is no change.

Ok - let's focus on positive.
So screen size works ? What do you mean "stays in tray/no window opens" if screen size works?
Text has to be dpi issue - check your Windows dpi settings for that screen (google it)
Welcome to post another log if still stuck
Glenn

Sent from my iPhone
Main Display runs at 3840x2160 with DPI 300%. The second screen runs as enhanced screen.
If i open frontview on desktop i see only the tray icon not the program window. Only if i switch to Desktop 1i see the program window again. Switching back to enhanced the windows move to second screen

Log
(2016-09-16, 11:06)tehax Wrote: Main Display runs at 3840x2160 with DPI 300%. The second screen runs as enhanced screen.
If i open frontview on desktop i see only the tray icon not the program window. Only if i switch to Desktop 1i see the program window again. Switching back to enhanced the windows move to second screen

Log

It's probably the dpi of 300 and the enhanced 2nd screen aspect
Drop the dpi to 100 and see what text looks like - presume it fixes ?
Change to extend desktop to this screen (for 2nd screen)

The logs:
Show you have 6 display/monitors - and that likely is causing the issues.
Either you have 6 connected monitors - or this is part of Windows Enhanced virtual desktops

Remove the virtual desktops and I suspect all will be good. (if that is your preference)
Will have a look at options of supporting but no promises

Further Log reading:
As a last effort other than ditching virtual desktops - could turn on ForceResolution
<ForceResolution>false</ForceResolution>
In Settings.xml - change to true.

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone
I noticed that i run for test in 1920x1080. Changed back to 1024x768 and running at 100% dpi it looks like now:

Image Image

But there are somme missing text already.

Edit: I have only 2 displays connected. Where are the other and how can i delete them? I am on Win 8.1.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement3