how to set up iptv
Hi,

is there anybody who could help me with tvheadened setup?
I am no an expert, doing this just for fun with big help of yours and youtube videos

I am trying to get work iptv recording. I have m3u playlist

If is it possible i would like to use Rpi3 as host for other devices on my network.
when i add my playlist to "mux" nothing happens.
does tvheadend require special format for playlist? if is it possible pls help me (as simple as possible) Big Grin thx
When adding an IPTV network, the mux is the individual feed listed in the m3u. If you want a mux automatically created from the items in the m3u, you need to create an Automatic IPTV Network type, and then feed that m3u file to TVH when you create the network. (Note: the Auto IPTV network type is only available in the 4.1 betas of TVH, so to use it you need to upgrade if you're using a stable/release build.)

Also, if the m3u changes at all, when TVH does a network scan (such as on startup) it will delete all existing mux-to-service mappings for each item in the m3u that changed, forcing you to rescan for services and remap services to channels. The best way to handle this is by saving the m3u locally, and possibly using a hosts file to update IP address mappings in the m3u, that way your muxes won't be seen as changing.
I am using on Libreelec version 4.2 (4.1.2236) i have created automatic network but when i added it nothing happened after adding mux. The playlist contains tvg-id, groupe, logo-id, could the problem be with that? When I used PL only with name and stream adress it was able to detected 60 muxes but only 6 services.
Do i have to set something else?
The m3u parser of TVH only reads the duration and name fields, i.e.:
Code:
#EXTINF:-1, Service Name
Therefore, your m3u should include a name identifier, and this is what the Service for that stream will named when you tell TVH to scan for your muxes.

Also, the streams need to be MPEG-TS format, since the iptv_input_t type in TVH is a subclass of the mpegts_input_t class. Streams that are not MPEG-TS format will need to be converted into one, usually by using a pipe:// mux type with ffmpeg.
I changed the playlist. It looking like it had found every channel but only few channel is OK other have status faild.
Also the playlist when I use 192.168.0.100:9981/playlist/channels is empty.
After adding mux is there next step needed to be done?
Tvheadend client, all i have to set is the ip adress?
Sorry for (maybe) stupid questions but to make this work is nightmare for me Big Grin
In TVH, the setup process is a bit convoluted:
  1. Create Network.
  2. If using a hardware device, associate Network with hardware.
  3. Populate/add Muxes.
  4. Scan Muxes for Services.
  5. Set up EPG grabber(s).
  6. Create Channels.
  7. Map Services to Channels.
  8. Link Channels to EPG.
Because of some level of automation and settings available, Channels can be automatically created from Services and/or EPG grabbers. However, this is a general step-by-step that should cover most every situation.
somehow I managed to set this up but not completly. i have aroun 143 muxes, 150 services but only 21 channels mapped. what i dont understand is that when I add a new network with the same parameters it find difrenet chnnels. all my channel works with simple client so i presume there must be something i need to set up?
and EPG is possible tu use existing .xml file?
I have 2 link for iptv channels, and epg:

https://username:[email protected]/getlist.php
https://username:[email protected]/getepg.php

With pvr iptv simple client plugin it work, but I need centralize iptv too together with other tvheadend sources.
How can I configure with tvheadend to collect, and grab the iptv channel too?
Tvheadend has the Automatic IPTV Network type that can import m3us, but this Network type is not present in stable builds.
i am using tvh server on libreelec, there are two version 4.0 and 4.2 /this has autoatic iptv network. but it wont load all the channels in my case./
how can i add external epg to tvh? i have local epg.xml created and i would like to use that. if this is not possible can i use webgrab plus in libreelec? again how to set this up? thx for any advice
And how can set up tvheadend server with iptv, to when ask the list, tell to the getlist.php server is it not tvheadend, but kodi.
The list what I have, work just with Simple iptv plugin. I don't know how, but the list provider know, what application need the list.
(2016-09-17, 16:53)milan53 Wrote: i am using tvh server on libreelec, there are two version 4.0 and 4.2 /this has autoatic iptv network. but it wont load all the channels in my case./
how can i add external epg to tvh? i have local epg.xml created and i would like to use that. if this is not possible can i use webgrab plus in libreelec? again how to set this up? thx for any advice
EPG is handled through grabbers in TVH. To use XMLTV files, you need to use an External EPG Module in TVH. If you already have the XMLTV file, you can use the tv_grab_file. If you use a different provider, try using xmltv-utils. TVH will only look in /bin, /sbin, /usr/bin and /usr/sbin for the tv_grab_ programs.

Another option is to use the xmltv.sock. This is a UNIX socket that reads in data from a stream in XMLTV format and then adds that info to its EPG database. netcat and socat can both facilitate this.

(2016-09-17, 17:24)envagyok Wrote: And how can set up tvheadend server with iptv, to when ask the list, tell to the getlist.php server is it not tvheadend, but kodi.
The list what I have, work just with Simple iptv plugin. I don't know how, but the list provider know, what application need the list.
Tvheadend doesn't "ask the list". You give it the location of your m3u playlist, and it uses this to create muxes. Or, you manually create a mux with a specific address to a stream.

It is up to you ensure that your m3u playlist is properly formatted, not Tvheadend. Also do note, that if the m3u playlist changes between reads by Tvheadend, it will delete any Service created from the changed Mux, and therefore remove any Channel that was linked to that Service. To help ensure that your playlist does not change, I recommend using a local copy of the playlist. (However, if the links in your playlist regularly change, then that is not going to help you. ... and if your playlists are regularly changing, then I'd probably question the legality of your playlists.)
I have my own guide.xml (containts epg to all my channels) i have as well internal graber on LE - webgrab and rytec, could you help me to make it work? id prefer the simpliest way cos i am not an expert Smile
If it is already in xmltv format, then your best option is to find a copy of tv_grab_file, put it in /usr/bin, mark it executable and point it at your existing file. Then the next time Tvheadend starts up, it will find tv_grab_file and you can use that as your epggrabber for Tvheadend.
could you please be more specific? xmltv format - is it the same as xml which I use now no pvr simple client?
what do you mean copy of tv_grab_file? i have found something in /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin
when i tried to to copied it to usr/bin it faild :/
I rather need tutorial step by step

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to set up iptv0